ShawPPM1214 April 12th, 2016 12:10am

Inspired by @chimama. I'm a Cruz supporter. I consider myself to be a republican. I vote next month in my states primary. Should I stick with Cruz? Or should I go with Trump for some other reason? Convince me either way. I'm open to people's opinions

KingMilo Earth
04/11/16 10:40 pm

Pick trump, don't let another sleazy politician become the nominee, Cruz isn't what he wants ppl to think, I mean he's a good guy, but not like ppl think he is, he even blamed trump for the Brussels attacks and also keeps saying that trump attacked his kids, trump will be stronger on the border and on Muslims, we can't lose our country to globalist and socialists

04/11/16 10:00 pm

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts with me on Cruz and Trump. I felt like I personally never gave Trump much of a chance because his supporters were always such A$$holes to me whenever I tried to talk with them and learn about their guy. But now I know for sure after reading the comments on here that I need to stick with my gut/head/heart and constitution and vote for Ted Cruz. I want someone not afraid to go down fighting for a cause. I want a president to support one thing Monday and still be advocating for it on Friday. Ted Cruz will be an amazing president of the United States, and I cannot wait to vote in my second presidential republican primary in my lifetime for Cruz!! My state will go blue in the general. But hopefully I can make it go bright Texas red for Cruz next month!! CRUZ 2016!!!!

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/11/16 7:48 pm

Do you care about the Constitution? Do you care about small, limited government? Then you have to stick with Ted Cruz. Donald Trump never even mentions those things. He is not a real Conservative. Ted Cruz is a man of principles. Trump is a man of self-interest and deal-making for personal advantage. And finally, Ted Cruz acts and speaks in a presidential manner. Trump? No way.

04/11/16 9:54 pm

I care about all of those things you mentioned. I'm gonna stick with Ted. I'm just so tired of feeling demeaned by all the Trump supporters. Heck..my girlfriend even dumped me because I won't support him. I'm serious though..she really did leave me. I want Cruz to win so bad!! And with all the negative media about Cruz lately it was making me start to think..well if I can't beat Trump might as well join him. I won't do that! I will fight to the end!!!!

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/11/16 11:23 pm

Good man! Praying for God to send you a sane girlfriend... 😃

ronderman North Carolina
04/11/16 7:32 pm

Cruz, in many ways, is the opposite of Trump. You will always know where he stands. He is a man of principal. Trump does not appear to have principals. He will donate money to whomever will give him more power or money. He will say anything to get your vote and he has no track record of stability showing that he will be consistent.

Cruz will do what he says. Both are hated by the establishment because neither can be controlled. At least with Cruz, you can predict what he will do.

04/11/16 10:01 pm

Thank you for your thoughts!

1samsweeney Make America Great Again
04/11/16 7:22 pm

Definitely Trump. Cruz is just another politician. Trump would get in to Washington and expose everything that is corrupt. Ever wonder why Washington is so against Trump?

ronderman North Carolina
04/11/16 7:29 pm

Washing is against Trump because he is an unknown. He has switched party affiliation and alignments many times and appears to do so only when it is beneficial to him. He is lacking in principals and details in his policies.

He will have my vote should he get the nomination because he is better than the alternative, but he will not have it before.

04/11/16 9:51 pm

I agree with ronderman. Trump is feared because he is a wild card that's been all over the political spectrum. He's way to risky. With Cruz we know where he stands and he is steadfast in whatever he chooses to support.

ronderman North Carolina
04/11/16 7:33 pm

How do you know? You just know what Trump says. Depending on when he speaks, he has backed many different people and many different policies.

ItsYourBoy Roman Empire
04/11/16 7:35 pm

Yea but I'm just saying they agree on many issues

ItsYourBoy Roman Empire
04/11/16 7:35 pm

Well at least currently they do

ronderman North Carolina
04/12/16 2:03 am

That's the point. Trump is an unknown. No one knows the type of decisions he will make if he gets in office.

jvc1133 61535
04/11/16 7:03 pm

Your vote, use it.

Allsports my world
04/11/16 6:55 pm

Both republican candidates suck ass

TrumpFan123 Fort Lauderdale
04/11/16 6:41 pm

Vote Trump Cruz is an Establishment hack

ronderman North Carolina
04/11/16 7:34 pm

Cruz is hated by the establishment.

augustin Oklahoma
04/11/16 8:30 pm

Cruz is definitely NOT establishment. He beat the establishment's best efforts in the Texas Senate election. The establishment was all in for Dewhurst, and Cruz still won a tough election. Then, in the Senate, Cruz has been exposing the corrupt politicians from the establishment on BOTH parties. That's why they hate him.

pkurt88 Las Vegas, NV
04/11/16 5:56 pm

I'm not Republican, but I used to be. Also, I don't really like Cruz or Trump. That being said. Cruz would be the clear choice if I was a Republican. If you want somebody who actually is pretty knowledgeable about the issues, Cruz is your guy. If you want somebody who will try to limit government, Cruz is your guy. If you want somebody who won't be a national embarrassment around the world, Cruz is your guy. Ultimately, Cruz seems like he is a principled guy. And, Trump seems like he's only saying what he thinks the extreme right wants him to say. Who knows what he believes?

ozzy
04/11/16 6:00 pm

Well said ^.
Cruz 2016

04/11/16 6:02 pm

Very well said. I agree with you 100%! You still sound very republican to me. Lol. Who are you supporting for president?

pkurt88 Las Vegas, NV
04/11/16 6:38 pm

To tell you the truth, I was a very dissatisfied Republican as recently as two months ago. When Trump won the caucuses in my state overwhelmingly, that was my breaking point. So, I became independent. I voted in my caucus for Rubio, but I don't really like him either. I just strongly hate Trump. I'm not really supporting anybody at this point. I just want to do what I can to make sure people like you don't switch to Trump. If he won the nomination, and he was that close to the presidency, that would just be too risky.

drewr729
04/11/16 9:12 pm

As long as you're not a democrat... SMH

04/11/16 9:50 pm

Don't worry. I'm gonna stick with Cruz. I just need to buckle down and keep fighting.

jadeburt Ann Arbor, Michigan
04/11/16 5:33 pm

I caucused for Cruz here in Utah. Instead of spending this whole post saying derogatory things about Trump to convince you to stick with Cruz, I'll say what I like about Cruz. First off, Cruz has a chance to win the general election. The success he's had at conventions like those in Colorado and North Dakota selecting delegates that are predisposed to vote for him shows that he's running a great campaign organizationally that will be able to hold up under the stress of the general election. His organizational strength is also an indication of how he will govern - methodically advocating for conservative principles with an end goal always in mind. I trust Cruz to do what he says he will do and not break his word once he wins and not pull an etch-a-sketch for the general election. I trust him to appoint well-vetted justices to the Supreme Court in the mold of Justice Scalia. We can't get the court wrong again or there will be a liberal majority for the next 20 years. I believe he's a

jadeburt Ann Arbor, Michigan
04/11/16 5:37 pm

good family man. In terms of policy, he favors reducing taxes to help everyone. He's pro 2nd amendment, pro-life, pro-traditional marriage. The only complaint you might have is that he's too abrasive, but compared to Trump, he's downright hospitable. Please vote Cruz. If you have any other doubts, I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

04/11/16 5:48 pm

I think Cruz is spot on as a conservative. I will vote for him, but I still have doubts about him. I think it's great that he has gotten the CO and ND delegates. But many people claim it isn't right and is cheating..I think he was using the circumstances to his advantage. But others say he did it because he isn't honest.

04/11/16 5:49 pm

And if you don't mind me asking..are you a Latter Day Saint?

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/11/16 7:54 pm

Shaw, The key to Colorado and Louisiana is that the GOP is a private business. It is not a governmental organization at all, and its rules and policies are determined by each state GOP, not the state or federal government. There is no mention in the Constitution of primary elections. So there was nothing whatever illegal about the way in which Ted Cruz one those states' delegates. He simply understands the game far better than Trump does. Spread the word!

jadeburt Ann Arbor, Michigan
04/12/16 1:20 am

Ditto what tlaney said. And yes I'm a Latter-Day Saint. Any particular reason for asking? (I'm happy to answer questions about that too.)

ronderman North Carolina
04/12/16 2:15 am

Shaw, you and I decide to play a game like football. The funny thing is that it's not just any game, it's the Championship game. It's a complicated game, but the rules are specifically laid out for everyone to see before hand. You have played football for many years and you have lots of experience, but I am relatively new to the game.

We start to play and I am a quick learner and I start to win. Time is running out and you decide to do an onside kick. It's in the rules that I agreed to before starting the game, but I didn't really read the rules so I didn't understand the play and your play was successful.

In this scenario, do I get to call you dishonest or a cheater? Should you be looked down on just because you were prepared and I wasn't? You see, the winner of our game gets to play Sanders or Hillary in the Super Bowl next week. Do you think either of them knows the rules and will do everything they can to win the Super Bowl?

ronderman North Carolina
04/12/16 2:18 am

My take: Cruz knows how to do elections. He is well prepared and is trying to win. Trump shoots from the hip and isn't concerned with details like the rules but he is trying to win. Ted is doing things within the rules to put himself in the best possible position to win. How is that cheating or dishonest? It isn't.

I want our nominee and our next president to be prepared. When you are the president, you don't get to whine and say that the Taliban cheated. You have to be prepared (and dour enemies don't play by the rules).

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/12/16 5:42 pm

Great analogy, Ron! It beats mine – I've been saying that Trump is like a baseball player who is losing and complains that he had the most touchdowns... :^D

04/12/16 9:22 pm

That is a really good analogy!!

04/12/16 9:23 pm

It's great to see that I have some fellow Latter Day Saints on this app!!!

jadeburt Ann Arbor, Michigan
04/12/16 9:55 pm

And we have a mutual friend Alanna Cottam apparently.

04/12/16 11:04 pm

That's so funny :) haha!! Small world!

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/13/16 11:32 pm

MORMONS EVERYWHERE‼️ ❤️ Love you guys! Glenn Beck and SoH users imanag and Okie1967 are my three favorite LDS...do you follow those two? And there are a bunch more.

Brandon2018 Stocks Are Overvalued
04/11/16 5:31 pm

please for the love of America choose Cruz. You will regret it when Trump loses to Hillary

04/11/16 5:46 pm

Have no fear my friend. I will vote for Cruz. I've just had so many people saying I haven't given Trump chance. I figured I could give some Trump people on here a chance at trying to sway me without getting nasty. That's all I run into with his people..

04/11/16 5:51 pm

I just have so many people throwing out insults, information, lies at me during this election. If a Santorum supporter in the last election cycle disagreed with me because I supported Romney they never insulted me or demeaned me. But now when someone who's a trump supporter finds out I support Cruz they literally use every insult in the book.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/11/16 7:56 pm

That's just the price of maintaining our freedom, my friend! Hang in there!

04/11/16 10:18 pm

Will do!! And on the days that I feel week be strong enough for me as well!! Haha