goldz April 11th, 2016 8:42pm

(Inspired by my spring break job) What's the worst job you've ever had?

knetzere Illinois
04/11/16 8:07 pm

Processed turkeys at a family farm 4 holiday seasons

comicguy86 California
04/11/16 7:23 pm

Cart collector for the Home Depot. The weather sucked. Got blisters. Negative, complaining, stab you in the back type of co-workers, heavy lifting. Kept scheduling on days I had already asked not to be scheduled to work like Sunday's and night shifts. Horrible job.

user321 Indiana
04/11/16 7:23 pm

Maintenance at a toll road plaza. Disgusting!

donkong Hanoverian
04/11/16 7:11 pm

Honey Wagon driver, cesspool truck. Nasty dirty smelly job, got paid $5 an hour off the books, not enough.

jmw7477 Indiana
04/11/16 7:00 pm

Burger King cashier. I only had that job for 2 or 3 days, though.

Casper Deep inthe Heart ofTexas
04/11/16 6:45 pm

I spent some time in a scullery on a ship.
That sucked.

evoecon nearest binary system
04/11/16 6:03 pm

I was hired to work in a slaughter house to pull two years worth of animal hides from their basement and load in a truck for a leather processing company.

phen nebraska
04/11/16 5:53 pm

'Promotional sales' it was basically door to door as I graduated college. It was good exercise and got to talk to ppl, but didn't make a lot of money

jadeburt Ann Arbor, Michigan
04/11/16 5:22 pm

Bucking hay bales. Turns out I'm really allergic to hay. My eyes were totally swollen shut that night.

Wert A picture of my junk
04/11/16 4:49 pm

My worst job, on a scale of 1-10, was about a 7 at the time. My current job is a 9.

17millionTwats Leeds, UK
04/11/16 4:35 pm

Ive only ever had one 😂 i helped my auntie carry her equipment for a few weeks before she went on maternity last summer

ovcourse 8646 Commiefornia
04/11/16 4:30 pm

Picked peas - in the hot sun - for a local farmer. The pay was 2 cents per pound. It was back breaking work and low pay.

goldz oh this world
04/11/16 4:31 pm

I'm thinking "Grapes of Wrath."

susanr Colorado
04/11/16 3:49 pm

Credit reporter for the San Francisco Credit Bureau. In 1969, so long before computerized documentation, or at least any that was easily retrievable for stuff like that. Take a call; look up an individual; make sure it's the right person; laboriously read details of their credit record to someone from a bank or a retail store.

It wasn't utterly terrible, but all my other jobs were better, so that was the worst that it got. And it only lasted about 7 months: I was pregnant so I would have left soon anyway, and they moved further down the peninsula at the same time anyway.

I'm sure I've had *parts* of some jobs that were worse, but that was the overall worst one. mostly because it was boring.

kywrite augusta, ga
04/11/16 3:48 pm

Planting tobacco. It was the family farm, so I didn't even get paid, and I figured out later I was allergic to tobacco. Hot, sticky, wet, miserable, itchy, filthy work.

Kay41 the Midwest
04/11/16 3:43 pm

Walmart while in college. I hated it.

ronderman North Carolina
04/11/16 2:57 pm

I cleaned apartments that had been vacated in order to get them ready for the new tenants.

We received a call to clean up a suicide once, but someone had accepted the call before we returned the call.

badattitude no place like home
04/11/16 2:43 pm

Digging ditches. And I mean 6 feet wide and six feet deep with a shovel. Boy was I in shape though.

suppressedID suck it Kyle
04/11/16 2:15 pm

Student loan debt processing.

Soulless.

CrzyChica
04/11/16 2:05 pm

I worked for a temp agency one summer during college and needed a summer job. They placed me at a Honda plant for a summer. I worked early o'clock shift. I was working on a line placing car parts into this hanging rack that was on a belt that went into a machine which painted and electrified the parts to set the paint. Pre- paint the car parts were covered in oil. I went home exhausted every day and covered in oil soaked through to my underwear. Because it was through the temp agency it didn't even pay very well. Ugh.

Romzy sic semper tyrannus
04/11/16 1:57 pm

I was sixteen and got $8 an hour. Working on an orchard while they were trying to expand and host a ton of weddings and also while they went to markets in nyc. I'd find myself weed whacking for seven hours and unloading box trucks by myself. Also had to plant new trees and get stuck in an open filed on hot summer days, again, by myself. If you've never had to keep peach trees in check it's some of the worst labor you will ever do. That and a variety of other hard and tedious tasks. I was working illegal hours but had no idea and was paid shit for them. Lesson here is to always know what kind work your doing and know the age laws.

goldz oh this world
04/11/16 1:43 pm

Probably the time I babysit and the kids were spilling water on me until I threatened to leave.

imanag My heaven on Earth