Brandon2018 April 11th, 2016 7:41pm

I just saw a poll on the news that 30% of people Don't trust either Trump or Clinton. Is the libertarian party the next best option?

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/11/16 4:56 pm

No. Ted Cruz is the best option. No reason to even consider Trump or Hillary.

Brandon2018 Stocks Are Overvalued
04/11/16 5:37 pm

So in a Trump v Clinton election God forbid who would you vote for?

LegionOfTruth Deport Islam 2017
04/11/16 6:27 pm

How is that a question? Both Cruz and Trump are conservatives. Why would a cruz supporter Vote for one least conservative and corrupt politicians there are.

Brandon2018 Stocks Are Overvalued
04/11/16 6:53 pm

"There's no reason to even consider Trump or Hillary"

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/11/16 7:05 pm

Legion, Trump is a faux Conservative. He never even MENTIONS the Constitution or limited federal government.
I would likely vote Constitution Party.

LegionOfTruth Deport Islam 2017
04/11/16 7:17 pm

Trump is a Nationalist and no one will preserve the culture, people, and language more than Trump. Cruz wont even ban Islam, previously supported sudo amnesty, wont support Waterboarding terrorists and would not deport the illegal criminals on top of the obvious corrupt and deceitful nature of his campaign.
What baffles me most is how I would certainly choose Cruz over Clinton yet Cruz supporters can't say the same regarding Trump vs Clinton? I think Trump is further right than Cruz but even if you believe its reversed, both would still be more conservative than Clinton. Before Cruz started being relevant in the primaries, Cruz was basically mimicking Trump's campaign.
Cruz at this point can't win by a legitimate democracy as Trump will always have more delegates and more National votes. Cruz's path is by party bosses distorting the process like what happened in colorado.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/11/16 7:31 pm

Colorado was 100% legal, although I don't like it any more than you do. The GOP is a private business, not a governmental organization. Neither of the federal government nor the Colorado state government has any jurisdiction over its rules and policies, and nothing in the Constitution applies to the situation. So trumps ranting about having his primary "stolen" exhibits a profound ignorance of the law, just as his complaints about Louisiana demonstrate that he doesn't understand that delegate count wins the nomination, not plurality of votes. I didn't start out fundamentally disliking the man, although every time he falsely accuses Ted Cruz of lying, my opinion of him gets lowered another notch. He simply does not act or speak in a presidential manner. If he tries some of this tough man nonsense with Vladimir Putin, he's in for a big surprise. It's time for him to learn the art of diplomacy, which includes basic civility and politeness.

LegionOfTruth Deport Islam 2017
04/11/16 7:40 pm

My problem with Colorado is that there was no voting process for the candidates directly in a primary setting which created a lot of confusion and corruption. The Colorado GOP twitter even posted "We did it #NeverTrump" then later said they were hacked (Who would actually believes them?) You seem to have missed most of my last comment. The Colorado case was only an afterthought to my other points.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/11/16 8:23 pm

No, I didn't miss the rest of your comment; I was just responding initially to the Colorado part, because Trump is wrong on that. Yes, it "should" have been a popular vote, but that's not up to any of us to decide, nor is it up to state or federal governments. Unfortunately, the reality is that it is solely up to the state GOP or Dems. So there is no way he can blame it on Ted Cruz.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/11/16 8:25 pm

One response to your additional comment: The reason many Conservatives can't automatically say we will support Trump is that there is no way to know what he will do if he is voted into office. He changes his mind every five minutes. He's a totally "unknown quantity." With Hillary, Sanders, or Cruz, we know what we will be getting.

LegionOfTruth Deport Islam 2017
04/11/16 8:32 pm

Cruz has is also at fault for switching policies as I've mentioned. Even if you think Trump has changed policies, you are certain to get corrupt leftism with Clinton and Socialist Anti-Christian Anti-American take over with Sanders.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/11/16 8:54 pm

Yes to the last two, for sure! But Ted only changes policies in response to us Texas constituents, and not in response to an interviewer's probing questions or something he read on Twitter or in an isolated poll. That's how I want my Senator to represent me.

liam2013 iowa
04/11/16 3:14 pm

No. 70% don't support the Libertarians

sydwel
04/11/16 2:31 pm

No. I prefer Sanders and Stein to voting Libertarian.

Brandon2018 Stocks Are Overvalued
04/11/16 5:26 pm

Sanders has a slim chance of getting the nomination

sydwel
04/11/16 5:27 pm

Regardless, answering your question, libertarian is not the next best option

camlop San Diego, CA
04/11/16 2:28 pm

How is that even related to the poll you mentioned?

Voting for Bernie – the only trustworthy candidate (and if you don't believe me, research his political history!).

camlop San Diego, CA
04/11/16 2:28 pm

By the only trustworthy candidate, I should clarify I mean from the two main parties.