Diogenes April 11th, 2016 7:22pm

Hey Colorado GOP, how did you like your non-existent primaries? If Cruz is the avowed Constitutionalist he claims to be, he should reject the sham caucus which eliminated the CO GOP primary and allow the primary to proceed. Think Jim Crow Laws.

Torfin Never Behind
04/17/16 1:51 am

Colorado has the system IT WANTS. It has had it all along..They chose it and it was No Secret. Here is a tissue dry your tears.

04/17/16 10:02 am

People should still get to vote. The least the gubmint could do is subsidize states to ensure enough capital funds to support equal polling standards amongst all states and colonies? In addition: political parties have less effect in the primary by diluting the field. It really is the only way because we'll never beat them with current events are conveniently revealing. Just hope the people remove their insane heads from their arses and address the actions of each of their rulers. It really is up to everyone, but something has to be changed.

04/17/16 10:06 am

Closed door caucus democracies (oligarchs) without public vote representation must not stand, man. ✌️😎

Torfin Never Behind
04/17/16 1:03 pm

That is one if the things that is in the purview of each state. It is not and should not be interfered with by the Federal govt. If Colorado has a problem with their system they can change it. But nobody should be surprised by the system that has been in place for years.

musiman28 Cotton country
04/14/16 4:59 am

Then Trump should denounce bankruptcy laws and pay back the millions he gypped people out of.

skinner Jersey City
04/12/16 5:34 pm

What? There are so many problematic features to this poll. First of all, there's nothing in the Constitution that even says we get to vote for the nominees of our respective parties and the expectation that we should be able to vote for the nominees only emerged in the 20th century. Second, what does any of this have to do with Jim Crow laws?

ozzy
04/11/16 6:18 pm

Bullshit. That was CO's choice and Cruz did what each candidate should have

04/11/16 6:35 pm

So primaries are pointless in your opinion.

ozzy
04/11/16 7:00 pm

Each state gets to choose. This choice was made last August

Malekithe My pronouns are GFY
04/12/16 6:59 am

Not by the public.
Every current republican in state office should be voted out

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/11/16 5:00 pm

The Republican Party is a private organization. State primary elections are not a function of state or federal government, and the Constitution does not address them at all. The Colorado GOP had the right to do as it pleased regarding primaries.

04/11/16 5:04 pm

You're making excuses for failure of the people to cast their ballots. The least the GOPe could have done is allow that sham to have occurred. Wars were fought for the vote throughout history. God help us if these "private" institutions (like the FED) ruin the trust of the people.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/11/16 7:07 pm

Dio, I don't like it either. I'm simply answering the question. The Constitution has nothing to say about the Colorado primaries (or lack thereof).

truspec Texas
04/11/16 4:10 pm

How does Cruz being a constitutionalist have anything to do with this? There is nothing in the Constitution about parties, much less how they choose their candidates

04/11/16 5:06 pm

So you're saying we shouldn't even have primaries.

truspec Texas
04/11/16 7:48 pm

No. I'm saying the Constitution says nothing about them, so primaries/caucasus can be run however the parties want

04/11/16 3:37 pm

I'm not gonna hold anything against Cruz. He was following the rules that were finalized this last summer. Plenty of time since then for all the candidates to get a good ground team and get those delegates at the convention. Trump snoozes, he loses.

04/11/16 3:49 pm

Cheating would be stuffing a ballot box with Cruz votes. Since when did being organized and on top of things becoming cheating? You Trump supporters are ridiculous. Everytime a candidate does well in any scenario you call foul and claim Trump was cheated out of something.

04/11/16 3:57 pm

You no proof that he cheated or did anything wrong. What..did Trumps breitbart tell all that happened in CO? I support a candiate that's actually conservative and organized and has fought for the values I've had my whole life. I don't believe in some candidate that's only fought for some of my values for less than a year. He's funded and supported politicans that have made my life hell. And you telling me to leave the country is such a liberal style arguement and is very childish.

04/11/16 4:01 pm

I will support whoever gets the nomination. If trump gets to the magic number I will support him. But if he doesn't then all bets are off. It's been that way every election for over 100 years.

04/11/16 4:05 pm

Now you're just being childish. I'm looking at all the data..all the polls..all the speeches..he would get destroyed by her. I want someone who can win.

04/11/16 4:10 pm

Nobody can steal an election. If you don't get the delegates then you have no claim to the nomination. In the end we are on the same side I believe..we want to defeat Hillary. If trump wins I will fight and support him to stop her. But until he hits that magic number I will continue to fight for the candiate that resonates with me the most.

04/11/16 4:15 pm

That's typically how it goes. And I would usually prefer it that way. But Then Al Gore should have been the president..and George Bush cheated because he played by the rules and got 270.

04/11/16 4:16 pm

Abraham Lincoln shouldnt have been president then. He wasn't close to first and they gave him the nomination. He was one of the greatest presidents we ever had.

04/11/16 4:20 pm

My dad taught me to play by the rules. Playing by the rules isn't cheating. I don't question how you were raised, and I'd really appreciate the same decency from you.

04/11/16 4:25 pm

I've also learned from my parents that life isn't fair. And there are things that we just can't control.

04/11/16 4:26 pm

If I had been in charge of the Colorado I would have had a caucus or primary and let the people vote, and then distribute delegates proportionally according to the vote results. But I'm not in charge. Cruz isn't in charge. And so the only option is to play within the rules.

04/11/16 4:27 pm

I agree. I would have made the Colorado proccess much much different. But since it's not we have to work with that we have.

04/11/16 4:28 pm

I recognize that it was wrong to take the vote away, but I don't see anything wrong with picking the delegates based on the rules they were left with.

04/11/16 4:30 pm

I have no power in the GOP. If you want it to change take it up with the Colorado GOP. I actually wrote them a letter telling them it was wrong for not letting the people actually vote. So I've done all that I can. Their response was that the candidates will have to do the best they can within the new rules..and they left it at that. I also wrote to the Wyoming elections department and expressed my distaste for how they set up their proccess as well.

04/11/16 4:35 pm

My elected officials haven't endorsed anyone. All of them are dems..so I won't ever see GOP endorsement from them. My state votes next month to the GOP primary, It will be much better than what Colorado has done. Delegates given out based on votes and not ground game.

04/11/16 4:41 pm

At the end of the day, just know that I will vote for Trump if he is the nominee. I know that he would be a better president than Hillary Clinton or Bernie.

04/11/16 4:46 pm

Obviously I want politicians that serve the people they represent. And I want politicians whos record represents my values.

Yessy French Texan
04/11/16 4:49 pm

Lying Ted should have stayed in Canada

Yessy French Texan
04/11/16 4:50 pm

Republicans are ruining their own image! I wonder if another 8 years with teach them a lesson

04/11/16 4:54 pm

He doesn't seem real to me. How can j trust someone to be the face of our party when he contributed to so many democrat politicians that have been a plague to our country. That legitimately bothers me. It bothers a lot of my friends and family too. And from what I've researched, Cruz has been pretty solid at maintaining his stances on the things he has fought for.

04/11/16 5:02 pm

I have less than a month before I go to vote. I wasn't always a Cruz supporter. And I'm not close minded enough to not keep my options open. Why should I vote for Trump in the Washington state primary? Let's put all the delegates aside, party corruption, and all that stuff aside. You're a trump supporter...why should I, a conservative republican choose Donald. I am open to hearing why. You seem civil enough to answer this question..no trump supporter I've ever known has given me a answer. They just say support trump because he can save America. That's literally all they've said to me.

04/11/16 5:10 pm

Chin & yessy - anybody who argues differently is succumbing to A Representative Republic of and by the people and essentially considers all votes by the will of the people to be pointless. What would stop corruption at the primary stage, after all? The USA is dead!

04/11/16 5:11 pm

After* the primary stage

Yessy French Texan
04/11/16 5:41 pm

It's too corrupt ! Why can't we have direct democracy ?

04/11/16 6:36 pm

Direct democracy is chaos. What we were given by our forefathers has been adulterated by the two party Monty.

liam2013 iowa
04/11/16 3:32 pm

This is how the rules for the caucuses were set up. Voters pick the first round of delegates, who then pick delegate at the county level who the pick delegates at the district level who then pick the delegate for the state convention who then pick those going to the national convention. If you are going to play the game know the rules. The primary system also has it own set of rules. If candidates don't like it then don't run for a parties nomination but run as an independent.

ronderman North Carolina
04/11/16 3:03 pm

Does the constitution tell each state how the parties are to pick their delegates? I don't think so. Cruz knows what's in the constitution. Genus playing by the rules. It's not his fault that The Don doesn't know the rules or how to play the game.

04/11/16 3:14 pm

Sounds like an excuse to steal the will of the people. With your logic, we shouldn't even have elections.

04/11/16 3:36 pm

Blame the Colorado GOP. I hold nothing against Cruz for being well organized and aware of the temporary system the Colorado GOP put in place. Trump has had since last August to be prepared for the conventions. Ted was more prepared. Trump wasn't.

ronderman North Carolina
04/11/16 3:43 pm

Chimama, the republicans of Colorado are the ones that agreed to do it this way. It wasn't the Washington republicans that told them to do it this way. It was their choice. Every state does it they way they want. Some only let republicans vote. Some let anyone vote. Some caucus and some primary. What wouldn't be fair is if Washington dictates how it is to be done.

I would have no problem with Trump complaining about the way Colorado does it if he complained a month before the delegates are chosen. To do it after they are chosen looks like he was unprepared and he is mad because none of them voted for him.

Also, he declined to speak at colorado's convention. Cruz accepted. What did he expect would happen?

ronderman North Carolina
04/11/16 5:53 pm

How did the leadership get into position? They were elected. If the people of Colorado don't like it, they can fire them.

04/11/16 1:37 pm

Might as well not have any primaries or elections if we're not going to follow the rules. Heck, let's just act like the USSR and allow the Polit Bureau install them. This act will damage the GOP name irreversibly. Let the chips fall where they may.

ronderman North Carolina
04/11/16 3:02 pm

Colorado has the right to choose their delegates in the way they choose. Don't blame Cruz for following the rules of the game.

04/11/16 3:19 pm

I haven't blamed Cruz for anything. I'm blaming the GOP. Cruz should show himself to be the better man here. It could be very healing for all involved. My Brother lives in CO and his wife was a caucus member for Trump in their district but was sent home and told she wasn't. She later discovered she actually was and nothing could be done about it. Tell me, is this the America you so proudly support regardless your affiliation with either of the nominees?

kscott516 Masks fail
04/11/16 3:29 pm

What do you think Cruz should do?

04/11/16 5:13 pm

He should declare his delegate votes illegitimate and call on the GOP to have a primary where the true peoples' representatives can represent. Heck it might even score him a few votes.

ronderman North Carolina
04/11/16 5:51 pm

This is a contest to see who will be nominated to be the leader of the free world, NOT a game of monopoly.

For Cruz to demand that Colorado change their rules would be ridiculous. Not just because he won, but it would go against his principals. Cruz would not tell a state how to run their primary. It would be abuse of power.

04/11/16 6:40 pm

There are quite a few pissed off former Republicans not just in CO. We really shouldn't even have primaries, right Rondo? Let's just have the party committees tell us for whom we will be allowed to vote. But then there is the catch 22. Politics has become so corrupt your vote means nothing in the general election.

ronderman North Carolina
04/11/16 7:06 pm

I'm not saying that at all. I just don't like Washington telling either party how to run their own primaries and I feel the state parties should have the autonomy to do it how they please. If you don't like it, start a third party. No one is stopping you.

Which is why I expect Trump to run third party when he doesn't get the nomination.