Okie1967 April 11th, 2016 3:26pm

Breadlines are a hallmark of socialism where rationing and shortages typify the impact of price controls and Gov. policy against capitalism. Bernie says that breadlines are good (see attached video). Do you agree with him?

JudicialJedi321 This is How Liberty Dies
04/14/16 1:01 pm

FREEDOM DOWN WITH THE SOCIALIST OPPRESSORS!!!

evoecon nearest binary system
04/11/16 5:35 pm

Hasn't he produced or been involved in several documentaries? I watched a narrated slide show done by him in 1979. It was a tribute to Eugene Debs. It had a lot of hatred of capitalism in it.

Okie1967 Lets go brandon
04/11/16 5:53 pm

My belief about socialists is that they're missing a basic respect for other people's property and for the idea that each person has a right to enjoy the fruits of their own labor.

evoecon nearest binary system
04/11/16 5:59 pm

I can see that. My experience is either they believe people are not capable of making the "correct" choices and/or they are controlled by evil people.

gonzoboy Arizona
04/11/16 10:50 am

I'm out of bread right now! I wonder if these bread lines have sourdough?

Okie1967 Lets go brandon
04/11/16 10:56 am

The bread is old and has some mold on it. That might taste a little sour.

gonzoboy Arizona
04/11/16 11:01 am

It's win/win! I get my bread, and fight off any bad bacterial cultures! :)

chickencookie Jihad Joe
04/11/16 9:33 am

Never thought I would hear those words. And our young people want to see him win?

Okie1967 Lets go brandon
04/11/16 9:35 am

Young people grew up without the specter of the ussr bombing us because we aren't fair to the proletariat, in their view.

evoecon nearest binary system
04/11/16 5:37 pm

Young people would be willing to stand in line for food.... while playing on their free Obama smartphones. Why work.

rons Thanks America
04/11/16 9:08 am

Don't forget rolling blackouts like in Venezuela. But it hard to find the bread lines in the dark.

MJSeals Esq.
04/11/16 9:00 am

Notice how never in history have people fled from the United States to socialist/communist nations.

Okie1967 Lets go brandon
04/11/16 10:17 am

People of low character love using the power of government to control OTHER people, but almost nobody loves having their own lives controlled by government. This is why socialism and its related forms (fascism, communism, democratic socialism) aren't preferred living destinations.

Bobnpt The Ocean State
04/11/16 8:51 am

It was probably capitalism that put them in the bread line to begin with.

kscott516 Masks fail
04/11/16 8:52 am

Name one capitalist society that has bread lines.

Okie1967 Lets go brandon
04/11/16 8:27 am

Keep in mind that America's poorest people are typically fat, have a cell phone with a data plan, cable TV, and smoke cigarettes. They don't wait in lines for food.

Bobnpt The Ocean State
04/11/16 9:57 am

Okie1967 Lets go brandon
04/11/16 10:10 am

There will always be a state ranked 50th so long as there are 50 states. This doesn't mean 50th place is uneducated. You didn't rebut my point, but rather attacked me in an oblique fashion. You've tacitly acknowledged the points in my comment. Thanks for that.

Okie1967 Lets go brandon
04/11/16 10:14 am

Another reason why rankings like this aren't useful is the fact that we could multiply every state's educational spending by 100 fold and there would still be a state ranked 50th in spending. The ranking itself says nothing about whether enough is being spent on education.

Your logic error and inability to address my comment makes me wonder about your ability to reason.

kscott516 Masks fail
04/11/16 10:18 am

"Keep in mind that Oklahoma are very low educated, generally (ranked 48th worse) and that this generally shows up in the way they think."

Does that sentence look right to you, grammatically? You may have wanted to proofread your comment before hitting send, especially considering its context.

Okie1967 Lets go brandon
04/11/16 10:18 am

"Oklahoma are low educated....." Grammar much?

Okie1967 Lets go brandon
04/11/16 10:18 am

Lol Scott. I was just saying the same thing.

kscott516 Masks fail
04/11/16 10:27 am

It was just dripping with irony, and I couldn't just let it go 🙂

Now we see why bob supports socialism.