Show Of Hands April 11th, 2016 2:59pm

Is a pet one of your top 5 best friends?

jamjay Atlanta, Ga
04/16/16 6:07 am

My top two are Both of my Beautiful Dogs!

Rockchalk
04/13/16 4:37 pm

Only because i have so many friends that not a lot of them are close so my dog would be 5 probably

CzarCastic
04/12/16 11:53 pm

What a sad question

thomas12266
04/11/16 8:10 pm

Rex who is my best friend. He's a bearded dragon.

04/11/16 8:07 pm

I think I made 30 people cry tonight by shattering the fantasy world that animals aren't animals. Don't really want to make people cry, but extremely mental sickness calls for extreme measures.

JackTorS Clap you stupid bastards
04/11/16 8:08 pm

Yes. You should see a psychiatrist about that...

FancyNapalm Psychosis Circle
04/11/16 9:29 pm

No, I don't think you made anyone cry. If that was your sole objective- to upset people by discounting the familial / love value of pets- I don't think you succeeded at all. All you did do was completely reveal yourself as someone who suffers from multiple symptoms of having an unstable mood & a very unstable personality. It's obvious that you don't care what anyone says to you & while some of your remarks have been quite cruel, they mean absolutely nothing coming from the mouth of a man who enjoys festering in his own miserable, macabre DELusions (not DILusions!) !!

hankG New Jersey
04/11/16 8:03 pm

Not top 5, but I'd say maybe top 10, probably top 15

gatsbyxxv
04/11/16 7:19 pm

Perverted, do you even know what the word means? Do you have a dog or cat, if so I suggest you give them to understands their loyalty, love, and caring. Who can you have a conversation with and know it's between the two of you or hear your ranting and will come to see what's wrong. I have no qualms about calling my dog one of my best friends and most of the people I know feel the same way. Love your pet and they will love you in return.

04/11/16 7:29 pm

It doesn't love you. It just wants dinner.

kanji401 SoCal
04/11/16 7:47 pm

You have no understanding of pets.

04/11/16 7:55 pm

I have been around them my whole life, I just haven't decided that I needed to make a fantasy land where they are human beings. For some cray reason, I'm actually able to call a dog a dog, and not my baby. I'm not sick in the head like so many others.

gatsbyxxv
04/11/16 8:36 pm

I feel sorry for you. Sometimes it's difficult to realize just how lucky you are to have a pet. Respect them, that's all I ask.

04/11/16 6:54 pm

That is heartless. They shouldn't let people like that have cats.

04/11/16 6:54 pm

Godshandsfeet this is to your comment about your cat being put down.

04/11/16 7:06 pm

It had a broken leg idiot. What did you expect me to do? Fork out money for a freakin pet? Never gonna happen. I'm gonna go get a dog soon. Does that scare you? Sorry for treating an animal like an animal.

04/11/16 7:12 pm

PEOPLE ARE ANIMALS. SCIENTIFIC FACT.
That is horrible and disgusting and literal animal abuse. Who gave you that cat. It deserved to live more than you - a person who treats innocent creatures like that.
Why the fuck did you even get a cat in the first place. That poor cat deserved better.

04/11/16 7:32 pm

My grandma gave it to me for Christmas. I liked it. It slept on my head at night. Very nice feeling. Still not gonna pay money to fix it. It's a dog it dog world baby.

dudley northern Virginia woods
04/11/16 6:42 pm

Always has been. I tend to trust their judgment more than that of most people.

04/11/16 6:44 pm

Do they help you with your algebra? They sure are smart aren't they.

dudley northern Virginia woods
04/11/16 6:50 pm

Even seen a cat jump from a log to a protruding bank and land perfectly? They use algebra and geometry naturally.

04/11/16 7:08 pm

Wow. Amazing. So, the cat is actually solving an equation in its brain sentiently while its jumping? That's funny. When I walk, I do it without thinking a thing. But you go ahead and keep building up your world of fantasy. Great thing to build happiness on.

04/11/16 6:29 pm

That's totally retarded. How is that even possible, and if it is for someone, they need to get out more.

MrChris80 California
04/11/16 5:10 pm

I like dogs... And I love my dog... But I have trouble understanding the kind of folks who vote yes to a poll like this. ... How can you have a best friend that you cant even have a real conversation with?

04/11/16 6:45 pm

Thank the lord for another sane one.

Nos4at2 demented weirdo
04/11/16 5:01 pm

That's just silly, critters are food, not wise to name a future meal.

FarmerManE djent
04/11/16 5:10 pm

I don't plan on eating my dog in the future

Wert A picture of my junk
04/11/16 4:46 pm

Family. All 4 cats and the bird.

04/11/16 6:47 pm

Who birthed them? You? Your mom? Maybe family by marriage? Do you plan on having children with them? ITS AN ANIMAL!!!!

MemeThief Not Authoritarian
04/11/16 3:30 pm

Yeah, because I only have like three friends

04/11/16 6:47 pm

That's acceptable. You could do better though.

FancyNapalm Psychosis Circle
04/11/16 3:27 pm

I had to put one of my cats down unexpectedly last week & I'm absolutely devastated!! 😭😭😭😭 😿

dudley northern Virginia woods
04/11/16 6:44 pm

We've lost three cats this year. One was almost 22. We never get over it. Another is in emergency now with a 2 month sinus infection that won't respond to antibiotics. Pray for sweet Huey. Our income tax rebate is all for him.

04/11/16 6:48 pm

Jesus Christ!!!!! News nugget, the cat cares nothing about you. It's a dumb animal. Put it down and go on a freakin vacation, or maybe get a psychiatrist.

04/11/16 7:01 pm

You have no kindness. You are a heartless person godshandsfeet. This person is fucking grieving for the loss of their beloved animal. And you have to be such a heartless dick about it. Excuse my language.

04/11/16 7:10 pm

I'm very kind. If the person realized it was a freakin animal, and wasn't brainwashed by the money grubbing animal Doctor, then maybe they would have several thousand more dollars in there pocket and would by smiling today instead of crying. Sorry to shatter the fairytale that an animal isn't anything that cares about you.

04/11/16 7:13 pm

How do you know animals don't care? You keep going on about how you can't even talk to them. How do you know they don't care.

04/11/16 7:33 pm

Because it will eat you with absolutely no remorse.

FancyNapalm Psychosis Circle
04/11/16 7:47 pm

My cat was amazing & while we still have another cat, this one was "mine." We were very attached. He saved my life once by bringing me my cell phone when I needed it but couldn't move to get it. I adopted him when he was 5 weeks old. He was 18 when I had to suddenly put him down last week.
I am a psychiatrist by trade & just like many other psychiatrists, I recommend pet therapy to people who suffer from various disorders. Pets do & can show their owners love & they can positively interact with people in ways that other humans can't. Just petting an animal, for example, is a great way to manage anxiety, stress, & depression.
I don't recall asking for anyone's opinion about whether or not I'm wasting my time grieving over my cat because the cat probably doesn't care about me. There's no need to volunteer your mindless little comments to me or anyone else here who loves their pets.

04/11/16 7:58 pm

Okay, so your pet provided you a valuable service. There is value there, something to appreciate. It's still NOTHING like a human being.
Get another one. It'll do the same thing.

FancyNapalm Psychosis Circle
04/11/16 8:09 pm

GHF- SERIOUSLY, IT'S MEDICATION TIME! GOTTA GO BACK TO THE WARD BEFORE YOU REALLY START SCARING FOLKS!

dudley northern Virginia woods
04/11/16 8:53 pm

How do you know that? Ever heard of the Donner Party?

04/11/16 2:15 pm

I love my cats to death!!

04/11/16 6:45 pm

It's lame to love?
What's lame is to think people who love their pets are somehow "less than" the rest of us.

04/11/16 6:50 pm

They are definitely less. They proof unequivocal mental Illness. People, just because a vet tells you your cat is your baby so you'll pay them more money, doesn't make it true.

04/11/16 7:04 pm

I adore animals. I'm a kind person. My cats are some (SOME) of my best friends in the world and I love them to death. I'm an animal person and for God's sakes I still talk to my childhood stuffed animals sometime and I'm 19. Judge me if you want. I don't value the opinions of people so heartless. I don't care what you think. I HAVE IMAGINATION, I HAVE KINDNESS AND I ADORE MY CATS. DEAL WITH IT.

04/11/16 7:13 pm

I'm definitely judging you. Not because of your mental illness, but because you refuse to recognize that's exactly what you have.

04/11/16 7:15 pm

This is just disgusting. Truly. Btw, any animal would be a better best friend than you.
I do not have a mental illness. You don't know a thing about what mental illness looks like.

04/11/16 7:35 pm

I would definitely be a better friend to you than any animal. Believe it or not, I actually care about you, unlike your cats. Also, you won't have to clean up my crap or feed me. I'll actually take you out to lunch, because I have money, and a job, and we can talk together. We can do all kinds of things on an equal level. It will be healthy and good.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
04/11/16 2:06 pm

Not now, and even when we still had our beagle, she was close family, not just a best friend.

TrustyShellback Latveria
04/11/16 1:43 pm

"In my darkest hour I reached for a hand, and found your paw."

04/11/16 6:46 pm

No, it's the sweetest thing ever. Quite beautiful, actually. Maybe YOU should get a pet. Maybe they would teach you to love.

04/11/16 6:51 pm

I had a cat. I put it down. Not one single tear. Cared a little, got over it in a day or two.

EarlyBird Portland
04/11/16 1:34 pm

She is my only friend. 🐱

04/11/16 6:32 pm

There are groups of people that meet regularly all over the world for all kinds of things. You can actually have real friends if you want them.

04/11/16 6:48 pm

ANIMALS ARE REAL FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You don't sound like much of a friend though.

04/11/16 6:53 pm

Animals are animals. They would eat your face if they were starving. They care nothing for you unless they want something. They are not friends.

JackTorS Clap you stupid bastards
04/11/16 6:57 pm

Sounds like you don't have any friends either. Human or animal.

04/11/16 7:14 pm

I have a freakin plethora of HUMAN friends. I cherish humans and their incompatible ability to RECIPROCATE true love and friendship. The cat would eat your toes off if it was hungry. It's a freakin animal dude. Quit making it something it's not.

04/11/16 7:17 pm

No they would not eat my toes off if they were hungry. You don't know my cats.
I'm going to point out again that scientifically, humans are animals too.

JackTorS Clap you stupid bastards
04/11/16 7:24 pm

You don't think a human would kill you to steal your food if he were starving and desperate enough? You don't think a human would just kill you for the money in your pocket or the car you drive?

Stop talking out of your ašs.

EarlyBird Portland
04/11/16 7:25 pm

Hands, I've never thought of you as a troll before. Why the sudden change?

04/11/16 7:29 pm

No. Humans do not kill people for food. They kill animals for food. If a human kills you for money, that human is called an animal, because they are acting like an animal, which is what your cats are. Apparently, you don't know your cats. Why don't you stop feeding them for a while and see if you still have all your toes in a week. THEY CARE NOTHING ABOUT YOU, only a human can care about you. Like me. I care about you enough to try to draw you out of your dilusional world.

JackTorS Clap you stupid bastards
04/11/16 7:32 pm

Oh, I see. I was a little confused earlier, but reading that last reply from you puts it all into perspective.

You're a moron.

04/11/16 7:33 pm

My cats love me because I love my cats. Maybe they stick around for the food. But if they didn't love me, would they sit on my lap all the time? Would they cuddle and play with me? Would they greet me at the door when I come home? I'm betting not.

04/11/16 7:38 pm

Early bird. This is a trigger subject for me. I actually care about animals, but I know there place. It's crazy to me to see people trying to make them human so that they feel like they are loved by a valid source of love. It's a terrible coping mechanism for rejection. They have to get real love from real people and stop living in fantasy land....and I'm having a rough night.

04/11/16 7:41 pm

They don't love you. They like that your warm. They want food. They like getting scratched. For crying out loud, wouldn't you live with someone if they did everything for you that you do for your cats? It's not real, you e built it into something it isn't. They are just animals.

SwedishBeast Honor the roots
04/11/16 1:22 pm

I treat my dogs like family. I love my dogs to death.

SwedishBeast Honor the roots
04/11/16 6:46 pm

Shut the fuck up

04/11/16 6:54 pm

I can't. Your too weird not to comment. It's hard not to look at a freak show.

04/11/16 7:16 pm

I fail miserably at anything that requires me knowing how to spell.

SwedishBeast Honor the roots
04/12/16 5:16 am

Then learn the difference between your and you're.

04/11/16 6:49 pm

Godshandsfeet you are an idiot.

04/11/16 6:55 pm

I'm actually one of the only sane ones on this.

04/12/16 8:40 am

Do you even know what the word perverted means
Godshandsfeet? Pedophiles are perverted. Not animal lovers.

PrincessPetal Austin, TX
04/11/16 12:29 pm

No. She's my child.

04/11/16 6:35 pm

HOLY CRAP!!!!!! You're a dog/cat and able to write? That's incredible!!!! You actually produced a pet from your womb? Or are you just a sick freak?

04/11/16 6:49 pm

HOLY CRAP godshandsfeet I didn't know assholes could write either.
My cats are probably smarter than you are.

04/11/16 6:56 pm

Okay, have your cat respond to this then, since your so dilusional that you think a cat has intelligence beyond eating and crapping.

JackTorS Clap you stupid bastards
04/11/16 11:04 am

I care more for my dogs than I do for just about any human being on the planet. They're family, not just friends.

JackTorS Clap you stupid bastards
04/11/16 6:46 pm

Like a guy who has to comment on practically every opposite point of view from his because he was attacked by a pack of wild gerbils when he was seven?

dudley northern Virginia woods
04/11/16 6:53 pm

Such a lovely image! Thank you! I was wondering what to say to that poor deprived person.

04/11/16 6:58 pm

No, I'm commenting because it's rare to find such a dilusional group of people gathered in one place. It's like I'm in a psych ward. It's freakin awesome.

dudley northern Virginia woods
04/11/16 7:04 pm

I guess you don't get out much. Have you watched the news lately? I've observed both animals and people for almost 70 years and animals make more sense. Anyway, why do you know so much about psych wards? Watch out for those gerbils, now. You just never know when then might turn on you....

JackTorS Clap you stupid bastards
04/11/16 7:05 pm

It's rare to find someone so threatened and but hurt over a simple poll question.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure God doesn't want you using his name in your screen name. And I'm pretty sure he wants you to kill yourself.

04/11/16 7:06 pm

That is a disgusting thing to say. Not only are you insulting animal lovers but you are insulting the mentally ill.

04/11/16 7:24 pm

Seriously. You guys have got to get real. Stop treating your animals like something they aren't. It's fine to appreciate them. You should treat them well, but stop calling them family, stop saying they are your best friend and your baby. For all you know, they may be eating your baby right now. These are animals. They stick around because you feed them, not because they love you. They aren't capable of love.

04/11/16 7:26 pm

Your cat didn't love you. That's for damn sure. You didn't love him. I love my cats, my cats love me.

04/11/16 7:27 pm

My cats are my babies, best friends, and families. If you don't like it, too bad.

JackTorS Clap you stupid bastards
04/11/16 7:43 pm

How do you know they aren't capable of love? How do you know that for certain? Are you an animal behavioral specialist? Have you done research or are you just acting on your own bias and ignorance?

YOU are not capable of love because I said so, therefore it must be true.
See? I can do it too.

04/11/16 7:44 pm

Wow. Absolutely perverted. Why don't you find a nice human for your baby to marry in 18 years and see if they can have cat/human grandbsbycats for you. Oh, wait, it's an entirely different species!!!! You're crazy!!!!

JackTorS Clap you stupid bastards
04/11/16 8:06 pm

I don't have a cat. And I never called my dog "baby". You're not even paying attention. Are you drunk?
My immediate family and my best friend are the only people in this world that will ever take priority over my dogs.
I can maybe tell you stories of how my dog stayed by my bed for days after I had surgery, leaving only to do his business outside and maybe to eat erratically. He didn't have to do that-my wife was around to feed him and take care of him and play if he wanted. But I doubt it would make a dent with you. You've never experienced that. You don't really know. I actually feel bad for you because you will never experience that unconditional love and devotion and bond between a person and a pet. Your loss.

badattitude no place like home
04/11/16 10:51 am

I want to try and be the person my dog thinks I am.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
04/11/16 10:50 am

Yeah, my poodle, Bo, makes the top 5. 😊

lovesquirt Hawkeyes
04/11/16 11:35 am

Atta boy Bo! I have a couple of good buddies. Stormy and Highway. 😀

04/11/16 6:37 pm

There are real people out there that are able to have real conversations and share real love!!!! Now go fetch em!!!

04/11/16 6:51 pm

You don't know a thing about love is. Not a thing.

04/11/16 7:00 pm

How can you share love with something that licks its own butt, then your face. Craps in your grass and chases a freakin car. No. Apreciation maybe, but not love. I'm not a freak that tries to make an animal human.

04/11/16 7:28 pm

But yet we love humans who have destroyed the planet, murdered each other, so on.

04/11/16 7:46 pm

Wow. Yes, we love humans. You really got me their. How crazy of me to love humans. What am I thinking? You have built a false world that justifies you're dilusional. You're still crazy.

celloVirtuoso buried in sheet music
04/12/16 3:41 am

I have love for my dogs because they're a part of my family. That's all there is to it. They don't have to be human for them to be close to me. They run and greet me every day when I come home, they comfort me when I'm upset, they genuinely enjoy my existence, and I genuinely enjoy theirs. That sounds like a friend to me. What have people done to me in this life? Hurt me, abandon and abuse me, betray me...now I'm not saying all people are bad, and I do have plenty of human friends. But I will forever be quicker to trust a pet than a person.

celloVirtuoso buried in sheet music
04/12/16 3:44 am

Love isn't about conversations, it's about companionship. Dogs are great companions.

04/11/16 7:01 pm

I'm not the one who doesn't have any real friends.

orgblu10 Shamerica
04/11/16 7:46 pm

You might have God's hands and feet, but you missed out on His heart. A dog might actually help you there. smh

04/11/16 7:48 pm

I have his heart. I'm pretty sure he is pissed that people are calling their animals baby's. Each seed after its own if you know what I mean.

04/11/16 7:49 pm

Of course, my approach is totally me. I'm not exactly being kind today, nor patient, nor gentle. Totally living in the flesh right now. Kinda animalistic.

orgblu10 Shamerica
04/11/16 8:39 pm

We all have those days. In the meantime, my dog won't hold it against you.🐕😎

04/11/16 6:38 pm

Seriously cowboy. I hope your kidding.

valeriejo ramble on
04/11/16 9:35 am

Yes and I'm not ashamed of it!
#1- hubby
#2 - daughter
#3 - my dog
#4 - my mom
.. And I don't think I even have a #5 lol

MrChris80 California
04/11/16 5:11 pm

As in, you have no human friends outside of family members?

valeriejo ramble on
04/11/16 6:16 pm

I do, I just wouldn't consider any of them "best" friends

04/11/16 6:38 pm

Okay, that's at least funny. Still wrong though

DeathSheep Michigan
04/11/16 9:03 am

Ya until he died a year ago. Lost two best friends last year actually: one human, one dog.

DeathSheep Michigan
04/11/16 12:16 pm

It's part of life :) I keep them alive with my thoughts.

04/11/16 6:40 pm

I'll pass on commenting on this one.

jmw7477 Indiana
04/11/16 8:49 am

I've found that my pets are with me longer and are more loyal than most people I know. They're also a lot more trustworthy.

04/11/16 6:40 pm

You need to meet new people, or face your issues. Not sure which.

04/11/16 6:53 pm

You have issues godshandsfeet. What the f**k did cats and dogs ever do to you?

jmw7477 Indiana
04/11/16 6:55 pm

I'm tired of trying. It's the same thing over and over again with people. It's just better if I have acquaintances. My critters are great. They're entertaining by just being themselves. We had a great cuddle day today. They get along with each other.

04/11/16 7:03 pm

Holy crap!!! Cuddle day?!?!?! So freakin weird!!!! Man up. Get some actual friends. It'll do you good.

jmw7477 Indiana
04/11/16 7:08 pm

First off, I'm not a man. So I will never "man up." Second off, I was studying while we were cuddling. Third off, the track record I've had with trying to have friends isn't good. It starts out great. Then I get used. When I say no, they get upset and throw a fit. The last couple we tried to be friends with vandalized our property and made untrue accusations.

04/11/16 7:20 pm

You need higher standards!!!! Don't be friends with losers. Find good, upright, loving, compassionate, kind, patient, gentle people to be friends with. Don't be desperate, kick losers to the curb the minute they show you what they are.

04/11/16 7:22 pm

Who let you decide who's a loser?
I have literally never met a bigger idiot in my life.

jmw7477 Indiana
04/11/16 7:28 pm

I have yet to find a friendship that is 50-50. My friends have been made out of convenience. People that live next door or wives/girlfriends of the guys my husband has tried to be friends with. I neither want nor need friends. My husband is the social one.

04/11/16 7:53 pm

You sound like my wife. She is very introverted. I'm sorry you haven't been able to find good people. It's not easy, but it's definitely worth the trouble. The difference between an animals loyalty and a humans is that the human can actually do something for you when you need help.

jmw7477 Indiana
04/12/16 2:24 am

I have my husband. We're the only two people that we can count on now. We help others, but they're no where to be found when we need help. So, we've learned to get it done on our own. When I'm at school/work, I'm very outgoing and social. But I'm also one that needs my alone time. I probably need more than most. I've just gotten used to doing things on my own that when someone tags along, it feels weird. Things like shopping or getting a pedicure. Most women would probably love to have a friend go with them. Not me. I don't shop like most females.

MrWalrus Undergrid
04/11/16 8:36 am

No, I am of sound mind.

04/11/16 6:41 pm

Hallelujah!!! I knew I would find one person that was normal in here.

SwedishBeast Honor the roots
04/11/16 6:53 pm

You aren't the normal ones according to how many people love dogs.

04/11/16 7:04 pm

Uh, majority doesn't make normal. Well, maybe it does, but it sure doesn't make right.

04/11/16 7:18 pm

No, it's just not right. Why don't you come out of denial and just accept the obvious truth that your animal would just as quick eat your belly fat as the food you just gave it.

SwedishBeast Honor the roots
04/12/16 9:49 am

If I was dead and he wasn't getting enough to eat then yes he would definitely eat me to preserve his own life.

gonzoboy Arizona
04/11/16 8:32 am

"No", I can't have pets (generally) so a pet isn't even in my top 5 casual acquaintances...

imanag My heaven on Earth
04/11/16 8:32 am

Not really, he's a fish. He doesn't do much.

firefly5 the verse
04/11/16 8:12 am

No. We don't have pets.

gabsta2016
04/11/16 8:10 am

I don't compare humans to animals, it's too degrading for me to say my friend is worse than my dog

Gunfighter06 Iowa, since 1846
04/11/16 8:04 am

Yeah. He's much more loyal than most humans.

MrWalrus Undergrid
04/11/16 8:37 am

You need to hang around better people

Gunfighter06 Iowa, since 1846
04/11/16 9:29 am

Haha. What "better people"? I'm surrounded by shallow assholes.

04/11/16 6:43 pm

Yeah, a stupid loyal dog is your best friend. That's maniacal.

gabsta2016
04/11/16 8:25 pm

Nothing related to ur comment, but we are both from iowa, and i thought yay