bman4jets April 11th, 2016 5:25am

Do you accept the idea that a person can be a gender that isn't their biological sex?

cyanospool The Deep North
04/15/16 1:14 pm

Idk why it's so hard for some people to understand the distinction. Gender is about personality/identity. Sex is chromosomal. Sometimes they don't match. It's not rocket science. Fortunately it doesn't matter whether people understand or not, transgender people are real and their identity is as valid as any other identity.

bman4jets
04/15/16 7:49 pm

I can understand the whole personality thing, but then you're just a man who likes feminine things. You're not actually a woman.

cyanospool The Deep North
04/16/16 11:44 am

Well again it's also about personal identity. There are feminine men and trans women who present very similarly, but the difference is what they choose to call themselves. Other people don't get a say in personal identity. And I find it so ironic how the people who tend to believe they do, are usually the ones who will look at a feminine man who identifies as a man and be like "that ain't a real man. What a sissy!", but when a trans woman identifies as a woman, then they're all "that's a man, ain't nothing gonna change that". I just don't see the point in pretending you know someone's personal identity better than they know themselves. It's simply naive.

crazyjane New Jersey
04/13/16 11:13 pm

Yes. Gender is social and emotional. Sex is biological

Truconservative Jesus is conservative
04/11/16 12:26 am

Its a fact that you cant change gender.

sydwel
04/10/16 11:26 pm

Yes. I accept and support transgender individuals.

bman4jets
04/11/16 8:47 am

Now what do you mean by this exactly? I support transgender individuals because they are individuals and every individual has rights. However, I do not believe a woman can have "a man's brain" or vice versa.

sydwel
04/11/16 9:05 am

I accept that gender identity doesn't always correspond to biological sex.

bman4jets
04/13/16 8:53 am

See I guess I can accept that too, but then I think the approach should be changing the gender identity to match the actual gender, rather than vise versa. I identified as straight most of my life, but the self-identification wasn't truthful. A man can identify as a women but the truth is he is a man.

MediaBlackout Life, Liberty, Property.
04/10/16 10:41 pm

Men who transition constantly have to recut their artificial vagina, because it keeps wanting to heal itself. It just isn't normal, I get men acting like girls, but the surgery itself is just wrong.

cyanospool The Deep North
04/15/16 1:10 pm

Where are you getting that info? You have some sort of first hand experience?

MediaBlackout Life, Liberty, Property.
04/15/16 3:44 pm

Ooh roasted, no, I'm no tranny. It's just a fact I heard from a tranny at school, look it up, I'm sure it has a name.

bman4jets
04/10/16 10:35 pm

Also, it's one thing if you're a man and you like feminine things and like to wear dresses or wear lipstick or whatever, but even if you like all those things and they make you happy, at the end of the the day your still a man. You can do all those girly things as a man. I don't understand why you have disillusion yourself into thinking you're something you're not

bman4jets
04/10/16 10:32 pm

As someone who has recently come out as gay, I generally don't accept this idea. I lived my life thinking and pretending I was attracted to the opposite sex when in reality I wasn't at all. And no matter how much I want to be straight, the reality is that I am not and I have to deal with it. However coming out as transgender almost seems to be the opposite of this. Unless you are biologically born as some hybrid boy girl person, every cell in a person's body has either xx chromosomes or xy chromosomes and no matter how much a person wants to be another gender, the reality is they were born a boy or a girl and they need to learn to accept who they actually truthfully are.