K4tn1ss April 11th, 2016 3:26am

Do you wince at the sight of blood, or someone mentioning Lord Voldemort.

Rosebud Ohio
04/11/16 5:47 am

Neither one. I don't like HP and blood isn't an issue. Now, I do have a problem with the breaking of skin. That freaks me out.

susanr Colorado
04/11/16 8:57 pm

Me too! I love watching videos of surgery, and I've watched a couple of autopsies live & up *very* close (standing between the 2 tables), but I can't deal with the initial skin incision. Freaks. Me. Out.

I've done hundreds, if not thousands, of necropsies on mice and *that* skin incision didn't bother me, but I still can't watch it done on a human even after all that.

Rosebud Ohio
04/12/16 4:48 am

Yeah, the skin bothers me on surgeries. Otherwise I could watch it.
I also have the animal disconnect. I've had a dog and cat who both needed injections and had no issue with it. But then I can't look when my kids get vaccines, and I have actually passed out from IV's because it bothers me so much.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/10/16 9:37 pm

Neither. Blood doesn't bother me, and I ain't scared of Tom Riddle 'cause I'm no threat to him - I'm just a really smart muggle, not a wizard. :^D

K4tn1ss Dont look in the closet
04/13/16 7:32 pm

One of my dreams is to perform heart surgery.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/13/16 11:16 pm

Promise me you won't try it until you're officially a surgeon. :^D

K4tn1ss Dont look in the closet
04/10/16 8:59 pm

That's okay. The covers made the books look really boring.

susanr Colorado
04/10/16 8:52 pm

Neither. I don't know Voldemort, and I used to draw blood from people as part of my job.

K4tn1ss Dont look in the closet
04/10/16 8:53 pm

Cool. Voldemort is from Harry Potter books.

susanr Colorado
04/10/16 8:55 pm

I recognized the name from seeing some things written about the books, but I've never read any of them (and haven't seen the movies). It's just not a genre that interests me.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/10/16 9:39 pm

Susan - I ❤️ phlebotomists. And I never flinch, if they're competent! :^D

susanr Colorado
04/11/16 9:00 pm

Best *not* to flinch, tlaney, anyway! Just makes it more likely they'll do an even worse job. I really respected the employees who were particularly excellent at it, and tried to assign them to the patients with more problematic veins, when we were aware of that.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
04/11/16 11:33 pm

I've got a great, well-Mined vein inside my right elbow. The worst stick I ever had was at the ER after my injured dog bit me (reaching for help from me because he tried to jump up on the bed with a sore disc in his spine and ended up with his back half hanging off!). They tried to put an IV in the back of my left hand (in a very prominent vein!) and it took three people over a dozen total tries! 😱 Good thing even large-gauge sticks don't hurt me that much! 😃

K4tn1ss Dont look in the closet
04/10/16 8:48 pm

Ha! I would think that he-who-must-not-be-named would get none! Yay!