AmericanWolf April 11th, 2016 12:23am

As you may have noticed, I have recently been focusing the majority of my polls on international news and politics. I'm still trying to make my mind up on whether I want to make this a permanent change, so I figured I'd just ask. What do you think?

AmericanWolf For the Benefit of All
04/12/16 9:07 am

I wouldn't have a profile picture for that.

chinito Florida
04/11/16 6:52 am

Great idea. The problem is that most users don't have a clue about what's happening outside the US

AmericanWolf For the Benefit of All
04/11/16 7:03 am

Agreed. And that's what I'm a bit anxious about with this, because I know I have to provide more context for most questions than the character limit in the question allows. I've had to abandon a few poll ideas because of it already. But just think, the SoH community is still leagues ahead of the general public!

chinito Florida
04/11/16 7:14 am

You just asked a question about Fujimori. I bet over 90% of your followers had no idea who he is. So even though we are "leagues ahead of the general public" we are still ignorant enough to give a smart answer.

Still, kudos for what you are doing. It is always good thing to learn more and question your beliefs.

AmericanWolf For the Benefit of All
04/11/16 7:24 am

To be fair to them, I'm still working on my knowledge of Latin American politics too. It's been a weak point for me for a while.

OldPoop
04/11/16 5:44 am

Int'l news . . . fine. But PLEASE . . . no more politics!

TierasPet
04/11/16 4:53 am

I like your reasoning and I think you should focus on what you want to discuss or have voted on in your polls. I do like the international focus though. :)

AmericanWolf For the Benefit of All
04/10/16 5:31 pm

I really enjoy foreign policy and I think there's room for more international politics on SOH. Of course, it can be more difficult to have those kinds of polls because more context is necessary than the word limit allows, but I can work around it.

If I do decide to change focus, I'll still post other content on the side fairly regularly, just a little bit less. And if it doesn't work well, I can always just go back.

We shall see.