LibArtie April 10th, 2016 4:26pm

A political party can nominate anyone it wants. Election results are merely thought of as a suggestion.

fredd TrumpLand
04/10/16 10:07 pm

True when it comes to the party selection process.

catpillow Florida West Coast
04/10/16 7:34 pm

It seems that's what they are trying to tell us. We'll see soon enough if it's true or not.

auntiesamm Orange County CA
04/10/16 1:47 pm

We are definitely being taught this election season how little power our votes have! I am appalled the RNC and establishment career politicians are being so public about their evil & duplicity! We now know exactly what they are and will not tolerate their behavior any longer. I am an Independent, registered Republican only long enough to vote for Trump in the primary. Then I change back. No way will I ever affiliate with the Rep party in view of recent events!

LibArtie SW Connecticut
04/10/16 1:52 pm

Your comment is interesting. Though I detest Trump and know he's unelectable, I agree with some of your sentiment.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
04/10/16 10:59 am

I hope your generation will change this idiocy.

Bostonfan39 Central Mass
04/10/16 10:49 am

This is why George Washington didn't want a two-party state

LibArtie SW Connecticut
04/10/16 10:58 am

Our entire voting mechanism is terribly flawed, beginning with voting methods. I could write a book on how absurd our system is.

TheSocialist INTJ
04/10/16 10:01 am

That is how it works, they don't have to nominate democratically. Of course, people should then just not vote for them in the general.

TierasPet
04/10/16 9:44 am

That is true and for the first time in recent history, also obvious to many who never would have paid attention before. If no one gets the 270 majority, it will be even more obvious. I'm hoping that happens because it's time people actually see that the one person, one vote concept is an utter lie when it you are talking about the presidential election.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
04/10/16 9:47 am

Very well stated. I totally agree.

liam2013 iowa
04/10/16 9:36 am

The primary indicated the strength of support a candidate may have in a given state vs other nominees . It is not a true indicator of how they will do in the general election. The party job is to pick the one they feel most represents the values of the party and who will help the win White House but also congress, governorships, and state legislatures. Teddy Roosevelt won all the primaries in 1912 but lost the nomination to Taft.