merry13 Saved by Grace
04/11/16 8:11 pm

To unconditional forgive people of their wrongdoings toward you.

drself Gated Community
04/11/16 6:44 pm

To forget a wrong done toward you. Cast it as far as the east is from the west.

thomas12266
04/10/16 7:22 pm

Forgive 70 * 7 for God to forgive you. It's a two way street.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
04/10/16 1:15 pm

Not holding one to account for things...whether it is God not holding us to account or us not holding someone else to account.

ronderman North Carolina
04/10/16 11:44 am

A key aspect of forgiveness is the ability to forget. Psalms 103:12 says that God removes our sins as far as the East is from the West. In other words, they are forgotten. We as Christians should emulate this aspect of forgiveness.

MediaBlackout Carry on, Carry on.
04/10/16 11:15 am

To recognize we all have our own weaknesses, and as long as they try to resist doing these actions, they should be forgiven

ronderman North Carolina
04/10/16 11:35 am

I believe forgiveness must be asked for. You forgot that part.

willow
04/10/16 1:54 pm

Matthew 18:21-22

Peter asked, "Lord, how many times shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?"

Jesus answered, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven."

There was no discussion on whether or not the brother asked for the forgiveness and/or if he deserved it.

Chukar retired police officer
04/10/16 1:58 pm

Roderman.... I have forgiven many people/things that have never been asked for. I don't want to carry the problem around, so I let it go.

ronderman North Carolina
04/10/16 2:03 pm

Yeah, this is an example of when it would be good to be able to retract a comment. I need to think on this more. I agree with both of your statements. Other questions though:

Does God forgive sins of you haven't asked forgiveness?

If you don't need to ask for forgiveness, does God forgive all anyway?

Is a repentant heart required for forgiveness.

Chukar retired police officer
04/10/16 2:45 pm

Roderman.... My belief is that Christ died to forgive past and future sins. It is up to us to not do the things that need forgiveness. Unfortunately, I still have trouble keeping this in focus.

celloVirtuoso buried in sheet music
04/10/16 5:35 pm

I think God forgives us even if we don't ask, but he loves when we humble ourselves and acknowledge that we need His forgiveness.

orgblu10 Shamerica
04/10/16 10:32 am

Not holding an offense against someone. In your eyes, wiping their slate clean and giving them a new start., as God does with us.

10o5t126 ...
04/10/16 10:29 am

Divine forgiveness is God providing a substitutionary sacrifice for sin in Jesus Christ so that, by His grace & mercy, He can apply the righteousness of Christ to unrighteous people who receive His offer by faith.
Some New Testament scriptures that explain this are:
"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but by His mercy He saved us."
(Titus 3:5).
"By grace you have been saved through faith, and that is not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not by works so that no one can boast."
(Ephesians 2:8-9)
"He [Jesus] who knew no sin became sin for us that, in Him, we might become the righteousness of God."
(2 Corinthians 5:21)

pedwingeorge Benson IL
04/10/16 10:35 am

We worked for almost an hour in my theology class and came up with pretty much the same answer

DonWichita Kansas
04/10/16 12:28 pm

Good class! Good teacher!

lcamino Florida and Georgia
04/10/16 12:30 pm

Beautiful explanation , Joe.

10o5t126 ...
04/10/16 1:46 pm

Explaining the gospel is my job, so I do this often. 😊