Show Of Hands April 9th, 2016 5:27pm

Have you ever been wrongly accused of something serious?

tdaddy Kentucky
04/13/16 1:52 am

Forging checks. And I flunked the lie detector, but fortunately "passed" the handwriting analysis. Getting cleared was a rather scary ordeal, but fortunately it was over fast because they caught the forgers the next day.

JamesStL
04/11/16 5:54 pm

Accused of evading the cops on my bicycle. I Had no idea he wanted to warn me about their strict law of not riding on the sidewalk. I was arrested and taken in and all I had to do was fill out paperwork. The police station was a house that was converted and with a single cell. Lame experience overall.

HenryJRoberts Hmmm
04/10/16 7:45 pm

I was pulled over for not wearing a seat belt but it turned out I was wearing a shirt that was same color as the seat belt

832jewel Houston
04/10/16 2:07 pm

I actually was a suspect in a homicide that I didn't do. I had been in a fist fight with a drunk person. I won the fight. After we parted, they went a block away and started a fight with another person and got stabbed to death. Everyone saw the fight, no one saw the murder. Luckily videotape showed that it wasn't me.

godshandsfeet Snellville, GA
04/10/16 1:01 pm

I've done everything serious that I've been accused of doing. There is a black guy in my department that makes sure everyone's laptop is locked up. I asked myself why he did that, and thought, he must think he would be accused of stealing it if it were ever stolen because he's the only black guy.

smoothboy1982 Lexington Ky
04/12/16 6:17 pm

Is he the janitor? Otherwise your an idiot! Maybe he is locking it up from people like you 💻💻💻💻💻

celloVirtuoso buried in sheet music
04/10/16 10:16 am

Never anything serious. I've been accused of shoving religion down people's throats, but most of the time those accusations are made on my own personal Facebook posts, in which case I have the right to make religious posts if I so choose, and anyone who doesn't like it can ignore or unfriend, rather than start an argument.

832jewel Houston
04/10/16 2:08 pm

So you're guilty of being one of the most annoying types of people in existence.

celloVirtuoso buried in sheet music
04/10/16 2:11 pm

It's not my fault when other people start attacking me on my own posts. It'd be different if I went on theirs and started preaching or something. If I post a picture on my timeline that says "I Love Jesus" I've done nothing wrong. When they comment "Jesus isn't real," they're initiating the conflict.

celloVirtuoso buried in sheet music
04/10/16 2:27 pm

What's funny, too, now that I think about it, is that if I were to go to a group of non-Christians and say "God is real" I would be accused of shoving religion down their throats. But on multiple occasions I've had atheists gang up on me calling me names and degrading me, saying there is no God and I'm stupid if I don't agree. No one accuses them of trying to shove anything down my throat. And I mean, of course they have every right to be atheists, but many people seem to overlook my right to be a Christian.

QuackAttack AZ
04/10/16 9:40 am

Almost got suspened in school because my friend got caught stealing and they thought I was involved.

lovesquirt Hawkeyes
04/10/16 9:09 am

When I was in college my roommate and some friends were smoking marijuana in the dorm room. I was in class at the time but that didn't matter. The police arrested me anyway when I came back to my room. I had to spend the night in jail. Years later my mom tells me that the police told my parents that I was growing marijuana which was a huge lie.

dfish at home
04/10/16 1:25 am

Squeezing Zooey Deschanel's butt. She was PISSED. It's a good story

dfish at home
04/10/16 1:03 pm

I was working as an extra on her show New Girl. It was a guys night at the bar they go to. So basically it was 30 dudes (extras) in this bar plus Zooey and a male costar. In the scene she had to walk through all the dudes to exit the bar. She walks through us and as soon as they yell cut, she turns around and says "who touched my butt" she was pissed and I was standing right next to her. I knew I didn't do it so I walked back to my start mark. In hindsight, bad decision. A PA sees me walking away and says "why are you walking away?" I stare at him blankly. He continued "Somebody touched her butt"
Right about then, they figured out who really did it but for about 10 seconds I was the prime suspect and it was horrifying

actualleviathan
04/10/16 12:50 am

got blamed for theft by the store employee that was stealing. there was no stolen stuff on me, but i still got banned from the store. note that i was 12 when this happened.

actualleviathan
04/10/16 1:03 am

just remembered a more recent incident: my dad and I were stopped for accidentally cutting off a cop, and we got accused of smoking pot because the car "smelled like it." neither of us smoke or even are around weed, but they still cuffed us, bodysearched us, and we sat in the cramped back seats of separate cop cars until they finally finished searching the car. they tried testing some material they found on my dad's shirt, but it was basil from the pizza we'd had for lunch. so yeah, hour and a half wasted for the cops to find nothing. they were real rude about it too. only one out of six was nice to us. ah, florida, you never cease to frustrate me. on the positive side, there was no ticket, no wrongful arrest, nothing like that.

logicalphallus Minnesota
04/09/16 10:20 pm

I was accused of making a mess of the phy ed equipment room back in high school. They didn't believe me when I told them the truth that I didn't do it, and they said someone needed to clean it up, so I went and did it anyway, took about 5-10 minutes.

I've also been stopped by police as a suspect for two different crimes I didn't commit, but in both cases they quickly determined that I wasn't the guy they were looking for and let me go.

K4tn1ss Dont look in the closet
04/09/16 9:50 pm

School sees me as a girl with a sick mind.

K4tn1ss Dont look in the closet
04/09/16 9:50 pm

Ow student and I was present. I was reading and had no idea what happened and the teachers were bias. The kid told them that I did it and the victim also told the teacher the same thing. It was bribery. I was sent to detention. Everyone at my old

K4tn1ss Dont look in the closet
04/09/16 9:48 pm

I was a girl who knew too much. I was an easy target. The teachers saw me as a know it all kid who would take the blame. I was quiet. Did not have many friends. Kids would tease me and talk about me behind my back. Then, one day, a kid slapped a fell

blw1104 Pennsylvania
04/09/16 8:09 pm

Accused of ruining my now husbands first marriage. Lost all of my friends, tons of respect at work (co-worker relationship). She failed to mention the fact that she was cheating on him while he was deployed.

Congressman Louisiana
04/12/16 1:31 am

I'm guessing you started a relationship with him while he was still married?

Survivalistien I am Green and Retired
04/09/16 8:00 pm

I was falsely accused of theft and I spent 4 days in jail even though there was no evidence against me.

112112321 pleb
04/09/16 7:55 pm

I'm an awful truth teller, people always think I'm lying.

112112321 pleb
04/09/16 8:07 pm

Anyhow, the most serious was when I was accused of beating- yes, beating - a mentally disabled kid when I was in Elementary School. At the time, I didn't have a great knowledge of what mental disabilities were, and I had actually pushed him down a hill by accident because he took a friend's coat and it was very cold outside. I have also been accused of smoking Marijuana by my parents, several classmates, and a teacher. I was also accused by someone else that I was on Heroin, Acid, and Cocaine. I also recently had my school accuse me of hacking into the schools computers and disarming the website blocker, which was only barely true as I had told several students how to bypass the website blocker using proxies. To be fair, the last one was the school's fault for not blocking proxies.

318Landis Maryland
04/09/16 7:49 pm

My ex wife accused me of raping her on 4 separate occasions. I had no idea that she had spent 3 months in a psychiatric hospital before we met. She went on to accuse 4 other men of raping her also. She claimed that she had been raped 12 times in a period of 7 months. In my case, she couldn't get the facts right . At first, it happened behind a bar, then it was in a movie theater, then it was in our living room. She didn't go to the hospital for any of these supposed rapes.
I had a female judge who wanted to hold me without bail . It was blatantly obvious that this judge was not neutral at my arraignment. The judge kept saying " I will not let a rapist walk around in public ". I was only charged. My lawyer threatened to appeal that and she finally gave me a $250,000 bail. The case never went anywhere and all the charges were dismissed.

Congressman Louisiana
04/12/16 1:30 am

I was lucky. My accuser was stupid enough to brag about getting me in trouble on Facebook to all her friends.

american6 Moderate Libertarian
04/09/16 7:38 pm

One time, when I was at recess in 2nd grade, a guy was on top of one of my female friends. She was yelling get him off me. I grabbed his shoulder and pulled him off of her and he fell of the jungle gym into the rock pit. Then the guy yells that I choked him. Then he and all 20 kids playing on the jungle gym (including the girl I helped) ran and told the teachers I choked the guy. Even though he and the girl were the only ones who saw any of it. The teachers were gonna send me to the principals office to call my dad (who would've whipped me with a belt). However I completely lucked out. The principal was gone. So my parents never found out. It's been a decade since that happened, and I hold a grudge...One day I will get revenge.

Congressman Louisiana
04/09/16 4:42 pm

Rape. And was lucky that my accuser was dumb enough to brag about it on Facebook. Not before costing me friends and a decent reputation first.

Pres55555 Gone.
04/18/16 7:51 am

It's crazy how people can claim you raped them with no evidence and get away with it.

JustWondering Margaritaville
04/09/16 3:52 pm

Yeah a friend of a friend was caught with drugs when we were kids and told his parents that I had sold them to them. His parents then circulated that story around town.

anonymousmn Minnesota
04/09/16 1:56 pm

I had a student falsely accuse me of hitting her. Luckily there were two other adults in the room and the 29 additional students (including her friends) refused to corroborate her story.
Her parents called our districts offices for over a month demanding I be fired.
Found out two years later I was the fifth teacher she had claimed had hit her during her 3 years at my school.

JohnBoy47 Jacksonville, FL
04/09/16 1:44 pm

Got blamed for sexual harassment in 9th grade by a 12th grader who pushed me on the school bus and was mad I called her rude afterwards.

leilu SoCal
04/09/16 1:17 pm

No, but someone else was blamed for something I did. I wanted to fix it but he he argued that it wouldn't have made any difference and asked me to not own up. It was a work issue.

SD37 South Dakota
04/09/16 12:59 pm

I was accused of dumping oil into a lake back in '95

112112321 pleb
04/09/16 8:10 pm

You own BP?

Kidding, but that's an odd accusation.

catpillow Florida West Coast
04/09/16 12:58 pm

In high school, a boy told everyone he'd been having sex with me. It really upset me. I didn't really know what sex was and I didn't know him. Another boy who was a close friend straightened him out (I don't know how) but the rumors stopped.

catpillow Florida West Coast
04/09/16 1:01 pm

I voted no..don't consider it serious.

b4mytime Orange County, CA
04/09/16 12:46 pm

An ex-girlfriend went on Facebook and publicly shared her story about how I would hit her, leave bruises on her body, forbid her from seeing her friends, and threaten her if she didn't spend all her time with me. The only problem? None of it ever happened. Not even close. In fact, the non-physical stuff did occur but it was the other way around.

She has since apologized to me and told some people the truth, but there are probably still some out there who think it was true.

Gunfighter06 Iowa, since 1846
04/09/16 12:32 pm

No, nothing serious. But I have had a few close calls.

ParaguasPato Columbus GA
04/09/16 12:25 pm

When I was 6 my little brother stole candy from my parents' room and they were sure it was me because they didn't think he was old enough to be able to steal. They didn't believe me so I couldn't have any candy for a month. That was serious to me back then!

susanr Colorado
04/09/16 11:19 am

Sort of, but not horribly serious and not for long, so I voted no.

I walked into a bookstore in a mall once, carrying (as I often did), a book of my own. I tried (as I always did) to catch the eye of the salesclerk & point to my book, so she would know I wasn't stealing something when I left. Couldn't get her attention; didn't seem worth interrupting her. I looked at books for a good while, decided not to buy any, left.

A while later, at the opposite end of the mall, I was approached by two security guards... and the bookstore clerk. She was very careful in her wording, but essentially she was accusing me of stealing from her store.

I opened my book and pointed to the logo of my college's bookstore stamped on the flyleaf. The clerk said something bland like, "Oh, OK," and left with the guards.

Not one word of apology for embarrassing me in front of a mall full of people, who were still staring at me. I shouldn't have felt mortified or horribly embarrassed, but I was.

ParaguasPato Columbus GA
04/09/16 12:23 pm

Wow, and over a book... I guess they at least didn't jump to conclusions and put on handcuffs!

susanr Colorado
04/09/16 12:28 pm

Well, I can understand being concerned about shoplifting, but I just wish it had been handled a *little* differently. And yeah, I'm glad they didn't handcuff me & haul me away to the pokey before interrogating me.

If she'd just said, "Oh, I'm so sorry," or given me a hint on how to avoid *appearing* like a shoplifter in the future, I would have felt better. Or if she' doc fronted me right after I passed through the store's doorway, instead of being followed through the mall. But honestly, no more words were exchanged; the 3 of them just walked away. I never said a single word myself; just opened the book and pointed to the stamp.

ParaguasPato Columbus GA
04/09/16 12:35 pm

Wow, that was rather badly mishandled. I hope you don't have to feel paranoid every time you enter a bookstore! But maybe you could just stand at the entrance and hold up your book toward the clerk until they notice? It would be really obnoxious, but no more theft accusations.

FATSHADOW Cyborg Gorilla
04/09/16 11:19 am

In HS the Principle insisted I had stolen a substitutes SS#, address, and Phone number. Then proceeded to torment her for a month via phone.

Tried to expel me, but I told him and the Cops, you should have locked down some evidence before hauling me in to his office, and since I didnt do it, I knew they had nothing.

He suspended me for a week anyway.

He said even if I didnt do it, I probably know who did. I didnt. But when he asked who I thought might have done it I replied, "thats your fucking problem."

So I wasnt getting out of that office without a punishment.

😂😂😂 what a cunt he was.

FATSHADOW Cyborg Gorilla
04/09/16 11:22 am

In grade school some little jerkoff kept calling 911 and reporting fires using my name.

The Cops investigating it was actually a friend of the Fam and knew it wasnt my voice.

He brought me in and I figured out who it was and issued him quite the beating the following day.

smoothboy1982 Lexington Ky
04/12/16 6:28 pm

I beat you were the one that took quite the beating 💪🏽

FATSHADOW Cyborg Gorilla
04/13/16 2:30 am

The only part of me that ever took a beating from that bloodline, was my dick, when his Sister gave me HJ a few years later in High School.

smoothboy1982 Lexington Ky
04/13/16 3:07 am

Lol doubt that

Zod Above Pugetropolis
04/09/16 11:18 am

Not that I remember. Minor stuff, mostly, that I may or may not have actually done.

phen nebraska
04/09/16 11:02 am

Going through that now actually

phen nebraska
04/09/16 7:56 pm

Since I'm in the middle of it, all I can really say is that kids with mental health issues don't get many services in Nebraska

BigPhatPastor Jefferson Hills, PA
04/09/16 10:59 am

Yes, a lady loudly and publicly accused me of shoplifting in a grocery store. She said she saw me put something off the shelf in my back pocket. It was my credit card...and I was standing in front of the baby food aisle, like jars of baby food...going into my back pocket...seriously.

singkitty In the cloud
04/09/16 3:38 pm

People DO steal that type of stuff. The number 1 stolen item at most stores is baby formula. The kicker is these people aren't stealing to feed their kids...they sell it on Craigslist. Obviously you weren't guilty of this but it does occur.

ThousandYears
04/09/16 10:57 am

Worst thing would be my mom saying I stuck gum in the carpet when I was 16. Sooo nope. Luckily I usually can get away with crap if I do it.

HonestyIsBest Rockaway Beach, NY
04/09/16 10:51 am

A couple of times as a teen. You'd get arrested, taken to the station, then they would try to scare you into signing a confession. Tell you they have witnesses. Fingerprints. Say they know you and the person had beef.

Congressman Louisiana
04/09/16 4:44 pm

I have a hard time believing you.

HonestyIsBest Rockaway Beach, NY
04/09/16 5:11 pm

Sir, Whether you believe or not, life in Brooklyn was and to this day, is a bit more of a neanderthal nature than you would like to understand. Once I came home in military dress, I was apologized to by at least 10 officers. Believe that!

Congressman Louisiana
04/09/16 5:14 pm

Brooklyn

Say no more.

I believe you.

HonestyIsBest Rockaway Beach, NY
04/09/16 5:14 pm

Have you ever heard of the Central Park 5? That wasn't an isolated incident.

Congressman Louisiana
04/09/16 5:16 pm

Anything involving the NYPD is founded on corruption. You have my sympathy.

HonestyIsBest Rockaway Beach, NY
04/09/16 5:20 pm

Yeah. The foolishness.

rickvee Living the dream
04/09/16 10:47 am

I've been stopped by police at gunpoint because I fit a description, but it was figured out before being taken to the station.

Brrrrrrrrr
04/09/16 11:17 am

Yes, it's true. Even I can make mistakes.

MJSeals Esq.
04/09/16 10:31 am

Professor accused me of getting an A-, he was dead wrong.

MJSeals Esq.
04/09/16 10:42 am

It was only an A, my school only gets A,not A+s

b4mytime Orange County, CA
04/09/16 12:42 pm

That's as serious as it gets right there.

Pres55555 Gone.
04/18/16 7:59 am

Man, you better be glad they got that straightened out