Sk8BoredR April 9th, 2016 1:26pm

Miss. could be the next state to face federal cuts for a law that allows businesses, individuals & organizations to deny service to LGBT people, single mothers, & others who offend an individual's sincerely held religious belief. Cut their funding?

Highlander1 Iowa
04/09/16 10:58 am

See this is the great thing about capitalism and why we don't need big gov in our life. If it's wrong and people don't agree with it they won't get business and they will go out of business. Let people live their life stop trying to change the way they live.

JHawk3205 MD
04/09/16 10:36 am

I thought conservatives didn't want anything to do with the federal government.. Wouldn't the cutting of federal funding be a welcome change??

Sk8BoredR Asian American warrior
04/09/16 2:02 pm

Sadly the biggest takers of money from the federal government are some of these religious liberty law states... Go figure... Their governments take more from the Feds than they take in and that's okay but it's not okay for their citizens. How hypocritical is that...

PrinceOberyn Here I am Here I Remain
04/09/16 10:02 am

Let's bleed those sisterfuckers dry. Cut them off from everything until they fucking buckle.

jvberg Winter has Come
04/09/16 8:34 am

Give them nothing in federal funding until they abide by federal laws

dxstap Bloomington, Indiana
04/09/16 7:01 am

I may or may not agree with someone's lifestyle or life choices but that doesn't really matter much.
I try to treat everyone with courtesy and respect.

political Georgia
04/09/16 6:59 am

#standwithMississippi

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
04/09/16 8:19 am

You're a blue waffle.

political Georgia
04/09/16 8:25 am

Can I have a side of bacon with that?

jvberg Winter has Come
04/09/16 8:34 am

#Idontstandwithhate

PrinceOberyn Here I am Here I Remain
04/09/16 10:05 am

Stand with Mississippi? You mean #SitInMyShoppingScooterWithMississippi?

political Georgia
04/09/16 10:07 am

Don't force your beliefs on a business owner.

jvberg Winter has Come
04/09/16 10:08 am

Business owner shouldn't force his beliefs on a customer

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
04/09/16 10:11 am

POL - I don't believe I should have sprinklers or exits marked or pay business taxes or accept any currency other than Russian Rubles or ensure that the price marked on items is actually or sales price. Should the gov force me to do any of those?

PrinceOberyn Here I am Here I Remain
04/09/16 10:13 am

Fuck the business owner, he doesn't get to decide who sits at the counter. He does not get to use his religion to discriminate against anyone. Its bullshit.

political Georgia
04/09/16 10:14 am

Interstate commerce is in the Constitution.

JV, that's the problem with your position. You do not realize what the Constitution limits. The Constitution limits the government not business owners. If you truly believe in keeping religion on the government separate, you would support a business owner's right to exercise his/her religion.

political Georgia
04/09/16 10:15 am

He should be able to Prince. It's his business not the consumer's business. You are free to shop somewhere else.

jvberg Winter has Come
04/09/16 10:17 am

You're not necessarily able to shop anywhere else that's the problem

political Georgia
04/09/16 10:19 am

Let's not live in fantasy land. Most businesses are profit driven. Therefore, they don't care anything about your actions. There will be plenty of places for you to shop, but that side-tracks from who is in charge of the business. It's not the business's responsibility to provide and be nice to others.

PrinceOberyn Here I am Here I Remain
04/09/16 10:19 am

Exactly. I'm not going to drive an extra thirty minutes because some motherfucker says Jesus told him he can't serve me.

political Georgia
04/09/16 10:25 am

That's your choice just like it should be a business owner's choice to not serve you regardless of his/her reason.

MediaBlackout Life, Liberty, Property.
04/09/16 10:43 am

It's kinda funny, Political. In attempt of trying to spread tolerance to businesses, they expose their intolerance and bigotry to the businesses opinions...

MediaBlackout Life, Liberty, Property.
04/09/16 6:35 am

No. It is not only the states right under the 10th amendment, it is the businesses right to be able to deny service.

Any legislation that denies businesses the right to deny service, promotes slavery.

Bobnpt The Ocean State
04/09/16 6:40 am

I need some help, this whole thing is based on "religious freedom". Can someone please point out where in the bible it says to withhold services or to discriminate against another.

MediaBlackout Life, Liberty, Property.
04/09/16 6:50 am

I'm not going to argue for religious freedom, but I will argue against the fact that people are now being forced by the government to serve people they don't like. Something I find very similar to a black slave serving his white owner.

Bobnpt The Ocean State
04/09/16 7:06 am

WTF????? Are you kidding me? That's the type of society where you want to live, where open discrimination is tolerated as the "norm"?

Bobnpt The Ocean State
04/09/16 7:10 am

Wait a minute. You are equating laws banning discrimination with what happened to the slaves???? Wow!!!!! Seriously? April Fools, right?

MediaBlackout Life, Liberty, Property.
04/09/16 7:12 am

When a business discrimates against someone based on race, sexual orientation, gender, would you purchase their goods?

MediaBlackout Life, Liberty, Property.
04/09/16 7:20 am

I'm not kidding, they are different in several ways, but forcing someone to provide a service can b called slavery

Bobnpt The Ocean State
04/09/16 8:21 am

Lawlessness and bigotry does not self-police. Jim Crow did not cure itself. Wake up!!!!

MediaBlackout Life, Liberty, Property.
04/09/16 10:08 am

"Can't legislate for people to be tolerant and understanding." -you on another post. And you're right, you cannot fix people's attitudes through legislation. If anything forcing someone to serve a certain group will make them dispise the group more, thus creating more division.

Besides, you never answered my question. Would you purchase goods from someone who discriminates against a group of people?

Bobnpt The Ocean State
04/10/16 5:51 am

Probably not. Hell of a mess. Government can not cure or end bigotry through legislation. But what they can do, is to simply not tolerate it.

MediaBlackout Life, Liberty, Property.
04/10/16 7:23 am

But why would they have to "not tolerate it" while stepping on the freedoms of individuals, when the free market can do so itself?

Bobnpt The Ocean State
04/10/16 9:51 am

But, that's the point. Freemarket does not do it.

MediaBlackout Life, Liberty, Property.
04/10/16 10:51 am

You wouldn't buy from a store that discrimates against gays would you. I wouldn't. If people heard that a store discrimated against someone, I have no doubt they'd protest the business.

And if there is a business that discriminates against someone, they will be cutting off a group of people they can money off of. And we all know that if there's a dollar to be made, then a business will take advantage of it, thus meaning other businesses will advertise and open their doors to who the other business discrimated against. So yes, the free market WILL AND CAN HANDLE IT.