garrry April 9th, 2016 1:29am

Help doesn't mean blindly accepting someone's mistakes and excuses. It means a swift rebuke and a proper corrective measure to bring them up to par and build integrity.

FancyNapalm Psychosis Circle
04/08/16 7:18 pm

There's nothing wrong with asking for help. Let's say you're about to climb a tree for the first time training as an arborist using arborist climbing gear & climbing techniques. If you're not 100% certain how to tie a Blake's Hitch (knot used for ascending & descending ) , then you're putting your life on the line. Why not ask for help? There are no stupid questions (mostly lol😜) .

sep
04/08/16 6:56 pm

Sometimes people just need help, and one should help instead of assuming the person in need is inferior.

garrry Anchorite
04/08/16 7:20 pm

Up to par may have been a poor phrasing but if someone is asking for help or just needs help usually they have some sort of problem including but not limitted to lacking motivation, resource, or education.

TierasPet
04/08/16 6:52 pm

I agree with not blindly accepting things but I also think there are times when patience, help, kindness, and understanding will provide more benefit than harsh corrective action.

garrry Anchorite
04/08/16 6:39 pm

Someone taught me excuses are lies. Mistakes are careless inattention. To use those to gain acceptance from another is not only disengenuous but dishonorable. If anyone asks you why you did something affirm or deny the action don't make up stories.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
04/08/16 6:50 pm

Depends on the situation. Some things perceived as excuses are merely explanations.

garrry Anchorite
04/08/16 6:56 pm

The only important thing is did it happen or did it not. Was it an established rule? If it was and you failed to adhere you are wrong. Why you did it may mitigate but does not change that fact. The rebuke is for being wrong. Correction is4mitigation.

GrandmaALiCE Rocky Mtns aerial view
04/08/16 7:53 pm

I agree with all you said, except for rebuke. A rebuke is very harsh. I looked it up, to make sure I didn't misunderstand the term.

Rebuke: an expression of sharp disapproval or criticism.

"He hadn't meant it as a rebuke, but Neil flinched."

synonyms: reprimand, reproach, reproof, scolding, admonishment, admonition, upbraiding, finger-wagging; (informal) dressing-down; (formal) castigation

"Damian was silenced by the rebuke."

garrry Anchorite
04/08/16 8:31 pm

I ought to be more careful with my words next time. Thanks for the feedback though.