FacePalm April 9th, 2016 12:33am

Many GOP supported "Right to work" Laws prevent Unions from collecting Dues from non-members, despite the fact that another law Requires the Unions to provide benefits to the non-members. Compared to the GOP's stance on taxes and social benefits:

think4yourself Not a safe space
04/09/16 8:46 am

What benefits are you claiming that unions have to provide to non union members?

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
04/09/16 4:35 pm

Federal and Wisconsin state laws require Unions to represent ALL employees of a company if a majority are members.

think4yourself Not a safe space
04/09/16 7:54 pm

I don't see where they have to provide any direct services to non members so it does not cost the union anything. They are claiming they are indirectly representing them which I disagree with them on. That would be like me negotiating a raise for myself and demanding my coworkers pay me if they get a raise also.

ozzy
04/09/16 5:48 am

Unions do nothing to help their members and are bad for the general economy

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
04/09/16 4:26 pm

all historical evidence to the contrary.

ozzy
04/09/16 4:42 pm

Not at all. Quite the contrary

Malekithe Bedrock
04/09/16 4:49 am

If a union is voted in they become the bargaining unit for all employees, even those that don't want. They are forced to live under the conditions negotiated by the union. They don't have to pay dues but also get no say or vote in union decisions.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
04/08/16 5:43 pm

There seems to be a disconnect: Republicans raise holy heck about taxes going to help those in need, and try to kill social programs every day claiming the beneficiaries are leeches. And yet they are forcing Unions to provide benefits to non-Union members, with zero funding from those non-members. Seems that their opposition fades when it is (in their terms) Someone Else's Money.

Jimmo Texas
04/08/16 5:52 pm

The reverse of this is also true.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
04/09/16 8:09 pm

If I read where you are going with that correctly, I have to disagree.

There is a gulf of difference between Government programs and Unions.