garyland50 April 8th, 2016 7:52pm

Are moderate American Muslims afraid to condemn terrorism because they fear for their own safety (retribution from the terrorists)?

lcamino Florida and Georgia
04/12/16 3:23 pm

If you cannot condemn terrorism within your religion, there is something seriously wrong with your religion. I hear silence, with a rare Muslim speaking out.

RyanX
04/08/16 11:06 pm

I think people also forget that many recently immigrated Muslims have family still in their home countries that may face retribution if they vocally speak out about things. The largest victim group of ISIS is Muslims, and I don't doubt that many feel they'd rather not risk their family being targeted.

CMD1973 Oxford iowa
04/08/16 2:43 pm

Where do you get the idea that they support it?

TierasPet
04/08/16 3:07 pm

I'm not sure that's what's being implied. I think it's more about why we don't hear much about Muslims condemning terrorism. I could be wrong though.

abusara i drink and i know things
04/08/16 1:07 pm

They do condemn terrorism. Google "American Muslims condemn terrorism".

garyland50 Florida
04/08/16 1:13 pm

Thank you for sharing that. I took a look and you are right. It's unfortunate that I have to dig through Google to find this. You would think that the news media would be talking about this at the top of the news hour.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
04/08/16 1:49 pm

Wow they are crying and protesting. That's not gonna stop anything, they need to pick up a gun and fight instead of fleeing from their problems, that right there shows they don't give a shit about and if they aren't against then they are for it.

sep
04/08/16 1:56 pm

The question was about moderate *American* Muslims. Who,exactly, do you want them to shoot, Domino?

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
04/08/16 3:19 pm

Holy shit, I completely didn't even see the American, I was looking at the people in Syria. But I just typed that in and everything about it is from years ago. I can't even find a recent source.