ProFreedom April 8th, 2016 6:00pm

Do you think less of people's arguments when poor grammar and/or profanity is used?

jvc1133 61535
04/10/16 2:04 pm

Being questionable on the subject, limits my answer,

CDUBS Dallas, Tx
04/09/16 12:02 am

All of you can go F**k yourselves. Lol

CDUBS Dallas, Tx
04/09/16 12:03 am

Just kidding, don't get twisted over that.

augustin Oklahoma
04/08/16 2:56 pm

Grammar/typos? Not at all. That can happen to any of us.

Profanity? Depends on how it's used, but I'm inclined to dismiss the argument if it is used too often or as an attack on someone else.

SticksandStones Stop fearmongering
04/08/16 1:52 pm

Swearing makes them look petty to me and I find a correlation between swearing and the quality of their argument, but I don't judge it based on that.

musiman28 Cotton country
04/08/16 1:21 pm

Depends on how bad the grammar is, or the profanity for that matter.

evanlauer Redmond, WA
04/08/16 1:20 pm

Bad grammar makes me look down on the poll in a bad way but profanity can be used to highlight important parts, so, eh.

Wert A picture of my junk
04/08/16 12:30 pm

Not in general. But if the poll is completely unintelligible and their polls are consistently that way, then it does.

smithy0013
04/08/16 11:43 am

Of course not. That has nothing to do with their argument

susanr Colorado
04/08/16 11:12 am

No. I know there are a number of reasons why a person's grammar/spelling may be suboptimal, ranging from autocorrect issues to hastiness to dyslexia to ignorance to English being their 2nd, 3rd or 4th language... none of which are necessarily connected to the value of what they have to say.

PamGH Washington
04/08/16 11:39 am

The stinking auto correct gets me a lot.

susanr Colorado
04/08/16 11:49 am

I swear autocorrect is getting worse. If you don't watch it like a hawk it slips all kinds of silliness into your words. For example, it insists on turn the word "hastiness" that I used above into "nastiness." I had to correct it 3 times before it accepted the word I wanted. And it doesn't put the dotted red line under "hastiness," so obvious it knows that's a legitimate word. (Just did it again, too, *twice* as I typed that, so it didn't learn from the smacking I gave it in the original comment.)

Infuriating.

I try to proofread before posting anything, but I still miss stuff.

I've tried turning autocorrect off, but somehow that makes things even worse - if that's possible.