TopsQueen April 8th, 2016 4:04pm

It's Friday how has your week gone? We had sad news yesterday. A man, who lived across the street as a boy, took his life. It's been very warm here the last couple of days. Very nice. What's going on in your life?

Jeninerd Hoth, AK
04/14/16 8:49 am

Our offer got accepted on a house. My husband got a promotion and a transfer, so we're moving about 150 miles away. I'm working all kinds of extra hours at my job and packing our non-essential stuff while my husband is working about 60 hours a week out of town.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
04/10/16 7:43 am

My dad's health has gotten bad. He's starting to show signs of dementia. We're trying to get him to stop driving but he won't. In fact he wants to buy a new car because he hates the one he he just bought. Long story short, he has been in two accidents, refuses to accept they were his fault, If it wasn't for my sister, I'd go nuts. Here I go again.

04/10/16 7:33 pm

Also I'm very very sorry for what you're going through that so stressful

04/10/16 7:33 pm

My dad lived out of state. He had a stroke but it was one that affected his mind more than his body. He was put in a mental care facility because of his confusion. And they told him he could not drive anymore. Sometimes you have to take the bull by the horn's. As horrible as it is. There should be a senior with disabilities social services close by. You can contact them and let them know what is going on. This time year they're not as busy as they are after Christmas. Kids start changing their parents. Is he still able to toilet himself fix his food and feed himself? Does he keep clean. Has he taken to wondering from home? Is he financially responsible. Those are some of the screening questions I can remember

Rosebud Ohio
04/09/16 8:46 pm

Sorry about your neighbor. That's rough.

It's been quite a week here. Naiomi turned 5, that was fun and certainly the highlight of the week. Took her to a small building on OSU that has a geological museum and dino bones which made her day, and then Cosi today. Lots of fun.

But Monday my GGpa passed. He was very old, lived at home until it happened, was only in the hospital a few days and passed in his sleep. Full life and his time (almost 102!) but still sad.

Naiomi has possibly food poisoning too. Poor thing is really sick, though thankfully no fever and it waited until after today's fun ended.

Then me... Got mixed news from the Dr this week. He says the cyst isn't shrinking. Have an ultrasound beginning of May to see if it will require surgery. He said he doesn't think it's cancerous. Not sure what my pain is though; it's in too much area to be just the cyst. And have a UTI on top of it all too.

And then some ridiculousness with school on top of it. It's a long week.

04/10/16 7:34 pm

I sure wish I lived closer so I could be of help. You took good care of yourself and keep me informed. I think I've given you my phone number if you want it.

Rosebud Ohio
04/10/16 8:09 pm

Pretty sure I have it. I'll let you know if I don't.
Some good news - must have just been food poisoning. Naiomi was fine, though sleepy, today. Nobody else got sick.

pauldabb85 Orlando
04/09/16 1:38 pm

Well I coach a flag football team of 6-8 year olds and we won again today! 4-0! School is going good, I have another month before finals and my cousin just announced she's pregnant. Busy week I'd say.

04/10/16 7:35 pm

I would say so. My granddaughter started track. She is third-grade

leilu SoCal
04/09/16 7:17 am

So sad for your neighbors.

Our current house isn't on the market, but my neighbor/realtor knows we bought a new house and might be intrested in selling the current one. She called and says there's a party very intrested in buying, so we're sprucing things up this weekend so they can take a look. I'm curious to hear their feedback.

04/09/16 8:04 am

That is pretty exciting! Hope everything goes wonderful

cpaswr just say the letters
04/09/16 5:22 am

It was an interesting week. I drove to Evansville, IN for work. I was certain that I would finish early and I did. I drove home on Wednesday and took the rest of the day off. I found out that I have a tattle tale at work. This person decided to "rat me out" to my boss not knowing that I followed procedure.

04/09/16 8:05 am

That'll show their character then. Enjoy your weekend.

cowtown2
04/08/16 11:49 pm

Sorry about your sad news, Tops.
My step-father passed away. I'm in OR to attend two services honoring his life.
On a positive note, the weather has been amazing for April!

04/09/16 8:06 am

It sure has. It's drizzling today but other than that it's been lovely.

ShawPPM1214 Washington
04/08/16 11:35 pm

I started a new job last week, but this week my allergies have been super bad. And I just finished another semester of college! And for the first time in my college career I got a 4.0 :) :)

04/09/16 8:07 am

Fantastic I'm very proud of you! That's a lot of hard work. Allergies suck. People move here to get away from them but we still have some.

ShawPPM1214 Washington
04/09/16 9:19 am

It was a long semester, but it was worth it! :)

Casper Deep inthe Heart ofTexas
04/08/16 7:36 pm

I've had a lot of death around me lately but fortunately no close family. Two friends of friends & one father of good friends.

My life sucks but it could be much worse.

Kay41 the Midwest
04/08/16 8:20 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

04/08/16 10:16 pm

I'm in that boat too. My daughter is really broken up with this one.

mim formerly 97123
04/08/16 6:52 pm

I got a job offer! I won't have to live out of my car when I get to PDX! πŸ™ƒ

Kay41 the Midwest
04/08/16 8:20 pm

Awesome!

susanr Colorado
04/08/16 10:38 pm

I'm happy for you! I'll miss having you as my sort-of-phantom fellow SOH user in town, but I know you're going where you'd rather be.

jenkp223 Being a mommy
04/08/16 6:08 pm

I've been looking for a new teaching job for next school year for over a month now, and on Wednesday, I was offered one!

Kay41 the Midwest
04/08/16 8:20 pm

That's awesome! What do you teach?

jenkp223 Being a mommy
04/09/16 12:48 pm

I'm currently teaching third grade at a public school, but my new position will have me teaching 5th grade at a charter school.

Kay41 the Midwest
04/09/16 4:04 pm

Hope the change works out well!

04/10/16 11:33 am

My granddaughter is a third grader in a public school. I think she's a joy. My cousin wrote a real awesome book you might want to know about. It's called The Tree Lady by Joseph H Hopkins. Won several awards for it. It is about the woman that sounded Balboa Park. A very good book for girls but any child would like it

jenkp223 Being a mommy
04/10/16 1:04 pm

I do love third graders, but I really wanted to get out of my school so badly. Student behavior is getting worse and worse there and the administration does nothing about it. Granted, their hands are somewhat tied by district policies that are more about race than the actual problems that are present. Plus I moved recently, and the commute is wearing on me. I was willing to teach any grade at a school that wanted me. I've actually heard of that book, I'll have to check it out. I grew up in San Diego, incidentally.

04/10/16 1:14 pm

My granddaughter goes to an excellent school in Dallas Oregon. Kids are expected to behave. The parents are very involved. Excellent staff excellent administration.

jenkp223 Being a mommy
04/10/16 5:15 pm

That's great! That's all true of the school that I'm going to. Not so much at the school where I currently work.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
04/08/16 10:21 pm

β˜ΊοΈβ˜ΊοΈπŸ’™πŸ’œ

Marzyq South of North Dakota
04/08/16 5:37 pm

So sorry to hear the sad news.

jmw7477 Indiana
04/08/16 4:32 pm

The weather has been crazy! We've have all 4 seasons in the past week. Sometimes even in the same day.

School went well this week. I've done a few new things. I aced a test. I got my hair colored -- purple, pink, & green.

GlockMan1 Alabama
04/08/16 4:18 pm

Live in the south. Been living with the effects of pollen (like a cold).

susanr Colorado
04/08/16 10:40 pm

That hitting people here suddenly, too. My son-in-law has been miserable with it for the last 2 days, and his job involves being outside a good part of the day so it's impossible for him to avoid.

Kimbobee the middle of nowhere
04/08/16 2:42 pm

I had my first job interview this week! And it was my last full week of classes in my undergrad career!

04/08/16 6:06 pm

Let us know what happens. School seems to be going by fast

catpillow Florida West Coast
04/08/16 2:40 pm

Every morning I'm giving a prednisone tablet to the cat with the breathing problems. He's being very good about taking them. It seems to be helping, but also making him very sleepy. I feel so sorry for him.

My other cat is scheduled for teeth cleaning next Tuesday. I have to give him an antibiotic pill every day for 5 days before and 5 days after. Today was the first day. He is very much against pills, even if they are covered in tuna. It's going to be a long week.

04/08/16 6:06 pm

Have fun. My cat wants to escape. The dog goes outside she cries until he comes in.

chickencookie It really is
04/08/16 7:47 pm

Don't they have that other thing where you put the pill in a treat?

catpillow Florida West Coast
04/08/16 8:00 pm

That would be a great idea for most cats. I tried that, but was unsuccessful. I bought a bag of those, and gave them to my cats as treats without pills in them first. Neither of my spoiled cats would eat them. Not even one little nibble.

susanr Colorado
04/08/16 10:43 pm

My daughter has that issue with one of her cats. He's too suspicious of the pill-cover treat and won't go near it.

The other one has to take an antihistamine pretty often. Fortunately he is just the opposite. If it looks and smells like food to him, he effectively says "Oh boy! Food!" and gobbles the whole thing, pill and all.

catpillow Florida West Coast
04/08/16 11:59 pm

I wish my cat would do that. At least my difficult cat only needs 10 days worth of pills, 9 pills to go. I'm expecting him to be increasingly difficult every morning. I will get it done, though. The other cat allows me to give him a pill so long as it involves tuna.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
04/08/16 2:09 pm

Productive week... I am excited about a job that I applied for & a different job that I was notified that I made it to the next level!

catpillow Florida West Coast
04/08/16 2:22 pm

That's great news. I'm pulling for you!

jvc1133 61535
04/08/16 12:53 pm

My ex stopped by yesterday, I'm trying to remain sober.

04/08/16 6:06 pm

One moment at a time

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
04/08/16 12:23 pm

Tough week. Last Saturday I went over the handlebars on my bike at 32mph and face planted. I was life-flighted to Emmanuel Hospital ER. I broke a bone in my face and took a lot of stitches. I have road rash on my shoulder, arms and legs. I've been working from home all week and trying to take it easy and recover. Things should be ok....but I've been in a lot of pain this week and recovery is slow.

Kay41 the Midwest
04/08/16 12:35 pm

How awful! I'm sorry you are in pain but glad that you didn't get hurt even worse than you were!

catpillow Florida West Coast
04/08/16 2:27 pm

What a horrible experience. I'm glad you received such good care and will recover. Hopefully, very soon.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
04/08/16 3:13 pm

Thanks, I'm grateful to be alive and not have a permanent or crippling injury. The pain, while unpleasant, is temporary and I will be back on my bike again as soon as I can.

Marzyq South of North Dakota
04/08/16 5:38 pm

Good grief, how awful. Hope you feel better soon.

04/08/16 6:08 pm

That's horrible!!!! Glad you were not badly damaged. And apparently no brain trauma which is good. I pray you recover quickly

chickencookie It really is
04/08/16 7:45 pm

Bless your heart Squid. Prayers for quick and painless healing.

susanr Colorado
04/08/16 10:44 pm

Oh no! I'm so sorry; that really sounds awful. I hope the pain is gone soon and you heal well and quickly.

Rosebud Ohio
04/09/16 8:36 pm

Glad you weren't going too fast and in the end will be ok. Hope you heal fast!

chickencookie It really is
04/08/16 12:02 pm

Feeling very frustrated. I have been unable to refill my Meds for a week due to a combination of things. My doctor changed locations, then he was on a conference now there is a mix it in the computer. It's Friday now and I can't be without Meds. CVS already gave me two days worth which are finished. Just got off crying to pharmacist to call Doctor. So frustrating.

04/08/16 12:21 pm

I am very sorry you're going through that.

Kay41 the Midwest
04/08/16 12:36 pm

Sorry to hear that CC. I hope it gets resolved soon!

chickencookie It really is
04/08/16 7:44 pm

I am blessed to have a wonderful dr. He called me at home at 9 PM and apologized for the mess. CVS was also out of stock but I got enough for the weekend.

imanag My heaven on Earth
04/08/16 11:58 am

I'm so sorry about the loss of your neighbor, Tops. I'll keep his family in my prayers.

My week was pretty great! We went to CA and saw my parents, went to the beach, Great Wolf Lodge, and then took an extra day on the drive home. We hadn't had a vacation in a very long while, so this was a real treat! Tomorrow, we're meeting up with Okie and his family; should be fun!

04/08/16 12:21 pm

Give him a hug for me! That is awesome. I'm glad your family finally got a vacation you had a tough couple of years.

Kay41 the Midwest
04/08/16 11:51 am

Sorry to hear that, Tops.

I'm on spring break so it has been a good week. We did a little traveling for the first half and now I'm doing some reading for the second half.

04/08/16 12:22 pm

I've had my nose in a book couple of days now I really ought to do some cleaning. Just sort of sad and meandering around today.

Kay41 the Midwest
04/08/16 12:33 pm

It's hard to do anything productive when you are sad. I'm sending you hugs!

04/08/16 12:43 pm

Thank you I put on too much weight lately and so I'm off of sugar. I did OK for a couple of days today I need a fix. I'm saying no.

Kay41 the Midwest
04/08/16 12:49 pm

Good for you. Stay strong. I know it isn't easy!

susanr Colorado
04/08/16 11:20 am

I'm so sorry about your friend.

It's been a happy week here. Landscapers spiffing up the apartment complex grounds got me out of my winter doldrums. The weather has been very nice. Had a good time shopping with the kids yesterday, & then they brought me up to the foothills so I can housesit across the road from them.

Technically, I'm just housesitting for one night, but I always arrive the day before, and stay a day afterwards, partly so the homeowners don't have to fetch & return me on their travel days, but mostly so the critters can ease into their owners' absence & return better. So I'm here for 3 nights.

Effectively, it means a 3-day vacation for me in a place I love, with 8 critters I love, plus a good amount of time spent with the friends/homeowners at either and, and time spent with my daughter & son-in-law (and their 2 critters) in the middle. Win/win.

04/08/16 11:23 am

Did they leave you some Cranberry Sweets? I have been sugar-free since Monday. I was getting totally out of hand. I was like a junkie looking for a fix. No more sugar until I lose about five more pounds.

susanr Colorado
04/08/16 11:28 am

No, thank goodness. There's about a case of Girl Scout cookies sitting on the kitchen counter right behind me, though. But as much as I really like them, I'm honestly not tempted by sweets.

I did succumb to a beer, though. How could I say no to Graham Cracker porter? And Gary put a Death by Coconut Irish porter in the upstairs fridge for me. I may succumb to that too.

I understand about the "junkie" thing. That's why I gave up cheese for Lent (along with coffee & sweeteners). I knew I was eating entirely too much of it. That worked; it's back under control now.

04/08/16 11:30 am

I am proud of you. The cravings have lessened for a couple of days and they're swinging back today, not giving in. Now if you ever come to visit me we will go there if you want to. Free samples.

mac Oregon
04/08/16 10:32 am

Sorry Tops about the neighbor. :( Spring has come to the desert/ yard work, boating and RV all keeping my spare time going and there is that work thing Monday thru Friday.

04/08/16 11:23 am

It was Brenda Brekkes son. She's been quite active in the community for a long time.

04/08/16 11:31 am

He had a used bookstore in Portland the last I heard. He went off the North Bend bridge.

iBakes California
04/08/16 10:28 am

Pretty great, I'm in Chicago for a conference. Only downside is that it's cold and snowing which my California self cannot handle haha.

Sorry about your loss!

04/08/16 11:24 am

I saw your post about the snow. Have a safe trip.

CrzyChica
04/08/16 9:46 am

Sorry to hear about your friend. 😞 Jealous of your warm weather. It's April and yesterday when we walked our dog in the evening it was snowing big, fat snowflakes. Brr! Ohio weather is bizarre.

MJSeals J.D.
04/08/16 9:41 am

Latin exam in 19 mins 😁

MJSeals J.D.
04/08/16 11:05 am

Thnx, knocked it outta the wata!

04/08/16 11:21 am

Wonderful! When my kids were little one of our favorite shows was called "Wordsmith " he would break down the meanings of words. Very often a Latin base.