LibArtie April 7th, 2016 10:58pm

Hell of an interview by Charlie Rose with Bernie Sanders on CBS News just now. It's gonna be talked about.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
04/07/16 4:50 pm

Bernie was on his heels throughout. He was awkward and tired. He surrendered to Rose's interrogation. It'll be on PBS tonight. I think it's gonna be all over the news tomorrow.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
04/07/16 5:00 pm

I haven't seen it, but from other interviews I've heard about, the journalists have asked a lot of pointless questions. I think interrogative journalism is great, but it should be equal.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
04/07/16 5:05 pm

I'm not a fan of Charlie Rose, in fact when I saw that Scott Pelley wasn't hosting, I considered not watching. But Rose was at his best. He was fair but firm. Good journalism.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
04/07/16 5:11 pm

Well I'm glad. I wish Clinton was given the same scrutiny from journalists.

smacc DunningKruger
04/07/16 5:39 pm

I'm sure you are right about it being all over the news. Negative about Bernie does seem to be the choice of media. Even when he wins it is minimized.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
04/07/16 5:42 pm

I love Bernie. This was a fair interview.

smacc DunningKruger
04/07/16 5:56 pm

Not really my point. When you look at headlines even a win is portrayed as not enough. In contrast for Ted Cruze a meaningless win and he is hot o Trumps heals. The media has give them rolls to play.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
04/07/16 5:59 pm

I didn't offer an opinion on how the media treat Sanders. I was speaking about one particular interview.

veritas1 Panda
04/07/16 7:49 pm

"When you look at headlines even a win is portrayed as not enough. In contrast for Ted Cruze a meaningless win and he is hot o Trumps heals."
That's 100% accurate.

For Bernie to win, he has to AT LEAST beat Clinton in pledged delegates. To do that, he has to win by 20 in every remaining state.

For Cruz to win, he just has to keep Trump from getting 1237. He only needs to win a few states to make that happen. The media narrative is completely accurate and based in mathematical reality. Just because it's not favorable to Bernie doesn't means it's untrue or unfair.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
04/07/16 7:53 pm

I mostly agree with you. I think the 26th will be the deciding day. That's when a lot of the north eastern states go. If Sanders can pull off his necessary wins there, he has a path to victory. Otherwise he's out.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
04/07/16 7:58 pm

And unfortunately, we have no polls from CT, RI, MD, NJ, Delaware, and maybe PA, although I'm unsure on the last one.

veritas1 Panda
04/07/16 8:27 pm

One PA poll had her up 22. Another poll over the same period had her up by 6. I think it's safe to say no one has a damn clue, other than that she had the advantage.

I don't know how many of those states are closed primaries and which ones are semi-closed and open. Same stages can still switch from closed to open too (I think Maryland did?), which could help Sanders A LOT. Will be interesting.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
04/07/16 8:30 pm

I believe a lot of them are closed, but a few are also semi-open which regarding independents, is virtually open. I guess we have to stick with no one has a damn clue. It'll be exciting for sure.