MJSeals April 7th, 2016 9:11pm

From some random person on social media "If [a] man is a republican, he is already a member of a cult"

EarlyBird Portland
04/07/16 7:34 pm

Thanks for confirming my suspicions!

EarlyBird Portland
04/07/16 7:47 pm

That you are a member of a cult.

evanlauer Redmond, WA
04/07/16 4:41 pm

18% should see a brain surgeon.

Bobnpt The Ocean State
04/07/16 3:44 pm

Some of the fringe on both sides are like cults.

MJSeals Esq.
04/07/16 4:27 pm

If you mean Tea Party/Progressive movement, maybe

The isolated people, I think, could be more fanatics.
Radical American Voterism

susanr Colorado
04/07/16 3:11 pm

That's just as senseless as saying that if a person is a Democrat they are a member of a cult. The person who said it doesn't understand what a cult is.

MJSeals Esq.
04/07/16 4:25 pm

Literally what I was thinking verbatim. Wasn't going to say it, so thanks for say it!

Galgation Daddy Milton
04/07/16 3:03 pm

Hillary's ability to keep voters despite possible inditements, deleting thousands of emails, previously voting to start failed wars and allow for a growing entanglement between money interest and government, as well as just recently deciding to go 180 on most of her positions while never having a track record of fighting for said things she now claims she's for. Pretty much shows the Dems are a cult as well.

auntiesamm Orange County CA
04/07/16 3:09 pm

Hillary does think she has balls. Maybe she really does!

rlands
04/07/16 2:42 pm

You look like my friend's boyfriend. Also that's so true actually...republicans/democrats don't really have a central authority so you can't exactly have a cult around them...but candidate supporters good lord it's ridiculous.

Romzy sic semper tyrannus
04/07/16 3:31 pm

Your friends bf sounds like a stud

MJSeals Esq.
04/07/16 4:23 pm

And Hillary

When a campaign has a quote like "Women, vote for her or you're go to hell." Yikes.

rlands
04/07/16 4:27 pm

There's a special place in hell for women who don't support other women? Albright has been saying that for decades. She's not condemning all female sanders and republican voters to hell...

But yeah. Her supporters can be a cult too. Pretty much by definition, anyone who venerates a political candidate fits with that.

MJSeals Esq.
04/07/16 4:43 pm

She was exactly saying women who don't vote for Hillary, or even Carly Fiorina to be fair, aren't supporting other women. Logically that means Hell. And it doesn't matter if she has said it before, circumstances are different in each situation she has said it. The fact it was Clinton rally after she and Sen. Booker - NJ hit Sanders hard in NH bodes bad circumstances. Many fans of hers were unable to support those comments, especially the young female demographic.

rlands
04/07/16 7:38 pm

Oh truuuuuust me I know firsthand - lots of young women raised issue with those comments. I don't think it was totally the right thing to say, but I get why she said it and I don't think she should have to apologize or take it back or whatever. Like the sentence before that too she said women should vote for Clinton BECAUSE CLINTON CHAMPIONS WOMENS ISSUES, not because she is a woman. I don't think she should insinuate the latter, but I saw it as more of a joke.

MJSeals Esq.
04/07/16 8:02 pm

Your caps lock appears to be sticking. And there are a multitude of examples of Hillary playing the gender card; or at least being accused of it. Albright is seen as playing into that with her.

She has also been found in fault by feminists for standing with Bill, her Neo-Conservative days and whether she is genuine with what she says, or its just to elected

rlands
04/07/16 9:44 pm

Playing the gender card? I'd say that as a woman she probably understands women's issues better than Bernie Sanders. That's not playing any card.

But anyway, yeah she's flip flopped around a lot. Her views have changed. Her husband's views idk about but yes she has supported him. I'm almost positive she has many of her current positions just to get elected. But she's good at adapting to what the people want...isn't that exactly what you want from a politician? The will of the public changes, so should politicians.

MJSeals Esq.
04/08/16 5:24 am

www.politico.com/story/2016/02/hillary-clinton-campaign-gender-card-218776

Just one opinion in a long list against her. At certain points in the campaign, the message from the Clinton camp appeared to be "I'm a woman! Women vote for me because of this." In a debate a question asked her why she should be president and I believe her response was "well the first women president would be special"

But changing a position through logic is understandable. Multiple 180s show a feeble mind. People want to make sure they will get what they voted for.

rlands
04/08/16 7:05 am

She said she's not establishment cuz she would be the first woman president...that I disagree with logically but it's still a historical and good thing to have as long as there is a solid woman candidate.

Also I've never heard the thing about Bernie bro's...I really don't get that. If it's just random internet trolls...why is Clinton's press dude talking about that...? Idk.

And dude she was a republican in college...she's changed her political ideas a lot. I'd prefer her compromising to Sanders actually not changing a single thing in like 50 years. But also I do think the way she handles those accusations sometimes is not as professional as it should be, nor does she highlight the reasons for it well enough. Just my opinion.

Romzy sic semper tyrannus