RoDe April 7th, 2016 12:39am

Do you possess the temerity to scold a politician you strongly dislike if they happened to walk into a coffee shop you were sitting in? Linked is someone who does.

catpillow Florida West Coast
04/06/16 9:16 pm

I actually did that once when Phil Bredesen started his campaign for Tennessee governor. He wasn't offering up any information about himself other than he was a candidate for governor and he was offering free food. I wasn't taking food without knowing something about the guy offering it. He had nothing to say.

catpillow Florida West Coast
04/06/16 9:21 pm

I would have had respect for him if he'd risen to the occasion and said something about himself or even passed out pamphlets. He never even said what party he was affiliated with. He stayed quiet. So did his staff. It was odd.

conqueror MS gay atheist
04/06/16 8:41 pm

I'd love to give Phil Bryant a piece of my mind. :-)

AmericanWolf For the Benefit of All
04/06/16 8:14 pm

I tend to rather admire politicians, a mental disorder of some sort I'm sure, so chances are I'd be deeply respectful even if I disliked their views.

The main exception is Donald Trump. In that case, who knows?

MrMilkdud
04/06/16 7:45 pm

I'd talk to them I'd the opportunity presented itself, but I'd handle myself with a bit more decorum and civility. She was disturbing people in a private establishment. She wasn't trying to have a rational discussion, she just wanted to shout him down.

MrMilkdud
04/06/16 7:46 pm

I think he handled himself very well, though.

orgblu10 Shamerica
04/06/16 6:11 pm

It wasn't a coffee shop, but some years ago a local politician made the mistake of bringing his campaign to my front porch. I called him on a stand he had taken, and we had a heated argument right there. Now I see the clown is running for congress. I can hardly wait for him to show up at my door again.

fredd TrumpLand
04/06/16 5:54 pm

I'd love to tell Tony bLiar what I think of him. Or just punch him.

political Georgia
04/06/16 5:45 pm

She's an idiot. She sounds just like an entitled American.

RoDe Latinus wordsus
04/06/16 5:51 pm

Lol of course you disagree with her, but had say Diane Feinstein walked into an establishment you were in, I'm not sure who a good analogy would be for you, maybe DWS or Clinton(Justice Roberts?), would you feel comfortable airing your grievances with them?

political Georgia
04/06/16 5:56 pm

Not in the same manner as she did. If I talk to them, I would want to have a respectful conversation. Why would I want to look like a uncivilized maniac? I'm young, so I would be perceived worse than the lady in the video if I am not respectful.

RoDe Latinus wordsus
04/06/16 5:43 pm

I'd like to think so, but I guess who knows until it happens. I saw this clip last night, I love it. At first I thought the scolder showed up at a campaign rally or something, then I realized she's just sitting in a coffee shop that he walked into. Looks up, "shit that's Rick Scott, I'm gonna give him a piece of my mind". And she delivers. And he pastes on that shit eating grin. Beautiful. And then she goes back to what she was working on. "Sweet."

Sk8BoredR Asian American warrior
04/06/16 6:44 pm

I went with my mom to the state capital in Olympia and we were meeting with our elected representative and he made a medical comment that was not true and my mom tried to polity point out he was wrong. I guess he didn't like to be wrong so he wouldn't admit it. He then tried to pretend he had something else to do so my mom pulls out a medical journal article and showed him why he was wrong. She then made his staff print out the article and had a contact person who was going to read it and get back to her. They never contacted her so we went back down there in person! He ended up changing his mind on the issue and apologized only after my mom gave him a 15 minute presentation she prepared on the data.

I love my mom!!!

RoDe Latinus wordsus
04/06/16 7:02 pm

Your mom sounds like a baller. Way to not back down. I bet that he didn't expect her to come back lol.

Sk8BoredR Asian American warrior
04/06/16 8:38 pm

No he didn't. He also didn't like being lectured to... I totally respect my mom!

Tiger Mom!!!!