LibArtie April 6th, 2016 6:48pm

There are many talented performers on SNL. Do you have a favorite?

susanr Colorado
04/07/16 11:11 pm

Not one that's still alive, and I haven't really watched for years.

Gilda Radner.

ADLK1996 New York
04/06/16 9:38 pm

Gilda Radner back in the day
Tina and Amy
Kate McKinnon

04/07/16 5:30 am

Rosanna Rosannadanna!

Carolynn new jersey
04/06/16 3:41 pm

I haven't watched it in years. When I was a kid, I was obsessed with SNL. My dad had old episodes on beta tapes. I loved the original cast, but my favorite cast was in the early 90's. Chris Farley, Phil Hartman, Dana Carvey, and Chris Rock were really great together. I'm also a huge Tina Fey fan, ever since I saw her impersonate Sarah Palin.

04/06/16 3:49 pm

Great comment! I agree with you and your dad! Your dad just a little more.

sydwel
04/06/16 2:13 pm

Current is definitely Kate McKinnon.

04/06/16 1:54 pm

Maya Rudolph without question. Didn't even need to think about it. I don't watch SNL anymore because it sucks (plus Party Over Here is now in the same timeslot).

04/06/16 1:57 pm

I'm a fan! I loved her Jodi Deitz character with Amy Poehler.

04/06/16 2:00 pm

How is it that the worst cast member of all time (Keenan) has stuck around the longest?

04/06/16 2:02 pm

I don't think he's their best but he's ok with me.

04/06/16 2:04 pm

I loved him on All That when I was a kid (and so was he). But the thing is, he hasn't gotten any better at acting since then. At all. Maybe that's why he can't land a breakout role that lures him away from SNL like literally everyone else who started their career on that show.

04/06/16 2:11 pm

Many more SNL performers have not have breakout successes than have. I'm less familiar with Keenan's early work, though I have seen Goodburger.

04/06/16 2:27 pm

Like who? Everybody in the era I watched left the show for bigger and better things. Samburg, Armisen, Hammond, Fey, Poehler, Wiig, etc.

04/06/16 2:29 pm

Goodburger was great. It was based on a reoccurring skit on All That. Keenan is NOTHING without Kel.

04/06/16 2:32 pm

You're listing names you remember. It's those you don't that are more numerous. And, it also depends on how you define breakout.

04/06/16 2:42 pm

That's not true, I can make every cast member from the era when I watched every episode (2007-2010) and I can also name projects they did after SNL. I can't be so sure about other eras that I didn't watch, and obviously "featured players" don't count.

04/06/16 2:49 pm

First of all my young little spitfire friend, this discussion is subjective and based on what you define as breakout. Secondly, do the research. Review every member of every cast and you won't recognize most names.

04/06/16 2:50 pm

I take back what I said about Keenan being the worst cast member ever. It briefly slipped my mind that a young, inexperienced, talent-limited Jimmy Fallon once stumbled his way thru every skit he did.

04/06/16 2:59 pm

I dunno, I'd imagine that's a common opinion. I challenge you to find one single SNL Fallon skit on YouTube in which he doesn't chuckle, look directly at the camera, or stumble on one of his lines. Obviously he's much better at what he does these days.

04/06/16 3:07 pm

I'm not a big Fallon fan, and don't think he's that funny. But he is talented. He can sing, dance, impersonate and write. Stephen Colbert is my favorite.

04/06/16 3:11 pm

Yeah me neither. He's my 3rd choice in that timeslot. I LOVE Colbert, although not as much as when he did the Report.

04/06/16 3:15 pm

I wish he would bring back that character on occasion. Johnny Carson had been my all time favorite but Colbert is even better.

04/06/16 3:30 pm

Really? Better than Carson? That's quite a statement but I'll take your word for it lol. I would hesitate to even say he's better than Letterman, albeit close though.

04/06/16 3:36 pm

Colbert can sing and dance; that's where he edges out Carson and Letterman. Yes, it is a big statement for me, having grown up with Johnny Carson. Colbert is that great!

04/06/16 3:43 pm

Lol he is pretty great. But here's an opinion you may or may not agree with: The best late night talk show host of the 21st century thus far was Craig Ferguson.

04/06/16 3:47 pm

I miss him on late night. He's not in the same class as Carson or Colbert, in my opinion. But that's a helluva bar.

04/06/16 3:49 pm

Some of my fondest memories from my late teens were using Letterman & Ferguson for background noise during sex 😋

04/06/16 3:51 pm

I'm not sure they would have appreciated that:)!

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
04/06/16 1:19 pm

Current cast-Kate McKinnon. Past.....Eddie Murphy, Phil Hartman, Gilda, Bill Murray, Will Ferrell. Favorite host....Steve Martin.

04/06/16 1:23 pm

Their original cast members were the best ever assembled in my opinion.

donkong Hanoverian
04/06/16 1:16 pm

All that talent and they only have 1 or 2 funny moments in a show? How

04/06/16 1:21 pm

Some shows are better than others, but I think there are usually many moments of entertainment.

donkong Hanoverian
04/06/16 1:27 pm

I've tried watching the last 2 seasons, after not watching for a bunch, and it's uncomfortable how many skits completely miss the mark. Time for a new band? Maybe :)

04/06/16 1:33 pm

I think the writing is more to blame than the performers, though there are some I could do without, Michael Che for example.

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
04/06/16 11:57 am

I'm really enjoying this entire cast. Hard to pick one fav, but the Katie McKinnon, Cecily Strong, jay Pharaoh, and Leslie Jones are prob my top 4.

04/06/16 12:00 pm

It is tough, I love 'em all too. It's been years since they had such a rich cast.

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
04/06/16 12:25 pm

See, I loved the last cast. Tina agent, Jimmy Fallon, basically the cast of Bridesmaids/Parks and recreation, I thought they were fantastic.