jlong105 April 5th, 2016 11:30am

Women would you be alright with a transgender gynecologist? Men would you be alright with your wife having a transgender gynecologist?

MrsCrayonWax
04/06/16 11:55 am

I don't care. As long as it's a woman in some form. I'm not comfortable with male a male.

voc I am...what I am
04/05/16 2:04 pm

Can that person do their job? If they can then why would I care?

commonsense America isnt racist
04/05/16 10:25 am

Would I care if my wife had a male gyno? Not really that's up to my wife.

sydwel
04/05/16 10:01 am

Absolutely no problem. I care only about the quality of the doctor.

susanr Colorado
04/05/16 8:47 am

I can't imagine why it would make any difference at all to me. I've had both male and female gynecologists, and also gynecological oncologists (both of whom did surgery on me). The transgender aspect is no issue for me.

CDUBS Dallas, Tx
04/05/16 7:46 am

I don't want a confused young man messing around with my favorite thing.

Throwaway77
04/05/16 7:07 am

Most women have male gynecologists because of the lack of females in the field. I don't understand the point? Is it the assumption that a transgender is always male to female? In which case they don't actually have real female genitalia? Because there are already men in the field...clearly you don't need to have female genitalia to be a gynecologist

jlong105 Indiana
04/05/16 3:18 pm

I left transgender direction open to each person's interpretation. The point of the question is to see how willing people are to accept transsexual. It is one thing to say they should have all rights and another to say I would let them look at my (or my wife's) hoo hah for medical purposes.

susanr Colorado
04/05/16 3:52 pm

I'm honestly not understanding why it would make a difference. Would it make you (or more to the point, in my opinion, your wife) uncomfortable if the person examining her reproductive organs were (1) a female from birth, (2) a male from birth, (3) a male transgender, or (4) a female transgender?

If #2 doesn't bother you, why would #3 or #4?

If #2 *does* bother you, how would you deal with that, in actuality?