PamGH April 5th, 2016 7:40am

Looking through some polls: generally Republicans are afraid of science, don't adjust world view when presented with facts. Democrats want to protect everyone from everything and are willing to pass more and more laws to do it.

Brrrrrrrrr
04/06/16 12:57 am

Utter nonsense. When one fails to accept various scientific theories, it doesn't follow that he is afraid of science.

commonman1 Peace
04/05/16 3:50 pm

Sound like talking points of a liberal. You should say democrats have no concept of debt and desire to spend other people's money, not their own. Republicans coward to democrat because they don't want to be seen as shutting down government.

Seneca imbeciles for trump
04/06/16 1:16 am

It's not the democrats fault that republicans are coward. Grow a pair.

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
04/05/16 11:17 am

Mostly agree. Both majorities are selective in what they like and don't like though.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
04/05/16 10:56 am

Yes...but due to the 'Dunning-Krueger' effect, many people aren't aware of their fact resistance.

PamGH Washington
04/05/16 12:02 pm

Upon further reflection it makes me even more worried about what type of people seek public office 🤔

JHawk3205 MD
04/05/16 3:37 pm

Is that anything like cognitive dissonance with hints of agoraphobia, or other such anxiety disorders? I feel that traditionalism and religious indoctrination at early ages both play a major role in the phenomena..

PamGH Washington
04/05/16 6:36 pm

Ummm. Not what I researched......

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
04/05/16 8:03 pm

No....you can summarize it by saying 'stupid people don't realize they are stupid.'

JHawk3205 MD
04/05/16 11:32 pm

Got it- looked it up, and it makes sense, although cognitive dissonance and aroraphobic/anxiety disorder-like behaviors are certainly characteristics common in GOP supporters. I did like the inverse part of the theory

JHawk3205 MD
04/05/16 11:33 pm

Effect (not theory, sorry), about smart people thinking a task simple to them would be simple to everyone, or that they're dumb themselves. It's like a perfectionist/ high self standard kinda thing. I've known a few people who

JHawk3205 MD
04/05/16 11:34 pm

We're too dumb to know they were dumb. It's quite sad actually.

WorstGooEver Nuke the Hurricanes
04/05/16 10:15 am

I can't tell if you are serious or trolling liberals.

PamGH Washington
04/05/16 11:48 am

I don't troll. I regret that you perceived it that way

WorstGooEver Nuke the Hurricanes
04/05/16 1:11 pm

I was talking to Ron. I took your question seriously. I don't think there's anything wrong with stating what you believe are some commonly held characteristics of the major parties.

WorstGooEver Nuke the Hurricanes
04/05/16 1:14 pm

I thought perhaps Ron was poking fun at liberals because saying "stereotyping" can be seen as a stereotypically liberal reaction or overreaction.

rons screw politicians
04/05/16 2:45 pm

You can't just put libs or cons in a box. Many of my democratic friends are very conservative. ex, the NY Irish are strong democrats, strong church and family ties , Union workers who hunt, fish, love guns, church and beer are conservative. True on the other side as well.

jlong105 Indiana
04/05/16 4:11 am

I do not equate fear with skepticism on the republican side, but these generalizations seem fairly accurate.

voc I am...what I am