sailingaround April 5th, 2016 2:39am

A good friend of mine had an abortion yesterday. If you knew this was going to happen 3 days ago, do you feel like you would have had the right to tell her not to?

crazyjane New Jersey
04/07/16 1:12 am

You have the right to give your opinion, but she makes the final decision and shouldn't be shamed for whatever she decides

Injectable Mojave Mo Problems
04/05/16 7:06 am

If a close friend confided in me, I would offer an opinion. I imagine that's why they told me. What that advice is would require more details about her reasoning.

ronderman North Carolina
04/05/16 6:34 am

I wouldn't tell her not to, but I would give her my opinion. After the abortion, I would be there for her and support her in any way I could.

04/05/16 4:06 am

Not my body to make decisions on. It's not like she's doing a bad thing. If it was heroin, I'd be inclined to give an opinion, but only because it's genuinely destructive. Abortion on the other hand is more of a solution than a force of destruction

nib
04/05/16 3:59 am

Of course you have that right. However, like abortions, just because you may do something doesn't mean you should.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
04/05/16 3:03 am

How is she doing?

cpaswr just say the letters
04/05/16 2:52 am

This is a hard enough decision to make as it is. I would offer support in any form including a ride.

Truconservative Jesus is conservative
04/04/16 10:37 pm

Thats sad that a baby got killed

Truconservative Jesus is conservative
04/04/16 10:38 pm

And someone chose to let it die

04/05/16 4:07 am

Fetus = baby??

04/05/16 11:13 pm

Hmm... Can't say I've ever heard that speculation in scientific terms. I suppose casually and un-scientifically, a baby could be either newborn or a fetus, but you'd need to be more specific with your casual wording..

04/05/16 11:15 pm

I don't see it as sad at all. In fact, I think it's more sad that people would try to force their religious beliefs on others, and make both mother (and father, if in the picture), and the newborn suffer, rather than just allow termination of

04/05/16 11:17 pm

Fetus. An unwanted child tends to remain unwanted, and only puts more strain on parent(s) that didn't want to be parent(s). That's far worse than terminating a fetus, which isn't even an individual person, as it la kid bodily autonomy

Truconservative Jesus is conservative
04/05/16 11:20 pm

The only time it would be ok to abort is if the mothers life is in danger.

04/05/16 11:26 pm

What constitutes danger? Does a life of poverty for both mother and child constitute danger? I'd think it does. Especially if that means the mother has to engage in illegal activities to support the child. Same goes for the father, if in

04/05/16 11:27 pm

The picture. Same goes for the added danger to the child, or mother of the father must turn to illegal activities, and the mother must support the child on her own if the father is arrested/incarcerated.

04/05/16 11:28 pm

Point is, making abortions illegal doesn't stop them from happening. It just makes them more dangerous, and is itself a danger to the quality of life.

04/06/16 5:28 pm

I don't see how it's "not ok". Like I said before, I can see how it's not ok to force someone to bear a child they don't want, raise it reluctantly, struggle to support it, and have the child live with less opportunity to have a decent life.

04/06/16 5:29 pm

Killing something that isn't a person, in order to protect an individuals quality of life is more ok than contributing to overpopulation, poverty, increasing need for welfare taxes, unsafe illegal abortions, and lower education rates.

04/06/16 5:31 pm

It's actually better for whole groups of people to legally allow abortions. Not to mention its better to not push religious beliefs on other people, who are themselves individuals with bodily autonomy.

Truconservative Jesus is conservative
04/06/16 10:28 pm

Sorry but life sucks. Thats no excuse to kill a baby.

04/07/16 4:40 am

Force a person to make life suck more? Or terminate a fetus? And AGAIN, quality of life for everyone involved, including the baby once it's born. You're basically for making more children living difficult miserable lives

04/07/16 4:42 am

Id rather prevent needless suffering than promote it. Terminating a fetus is not in the least bit a problem when it comes to securing quality of life. Enforcing the law on illegal abortions is an extremely sadistic endeavor.

04/08/16 2:53 pm

You are one sick puppy.. Youd rather multiple people suffer needlessly than to end one undeveloped unborn life..

Truconservative Jesus is conservative
04/08/16 5:38 pm

What a bunch of fucking bullshit! How ironic, you are telling me I'm sick yet you are the one who thinks it's OK to kill babies! You Are Sick.

04/09/16 11:02 am

No, it's not at all ironic. You are sadistic for wanting multiple people to suffer, while I say people should have the right to choose to terminate a fetus. Its just some tissues and undeveloped organs. You make it sound like I'm talking about

04/09/16 11:04 am

Killing a child. You want people to suffer needlessly. I want people to not suffer. How is that in any way ironic? You sound like you would charge a mother with involuntary manslaughter for having a miscarriage..

Truconservative Jesus is conservative
04/09/16 10:24 pm

That's bull crap. I don't want people to suffer, I just want to prevent babies from being killed. You are delusional

04/10/16 2:08 pm

If you force an unwanted fetus to be born, you are causing the parent(s) and the baby to suffer. Therefore, you want people to suffer. You'd rather a child grow up unwanted and likely neglected than be spared that misery.

04/10/16 2:11 pm

I don't know how it is you don't see that you're ideology hurts people tremendously. Making people (multiple, including the child) suffer for years and years, vs terminating the fetus. And by making abortions illegal, you don't

04/10/16 2:12 pm

Stop abortions, you only make them more dangerous. That speaks volumes to how much damage an unwanted child is. A mother would rather risk life and limb to end an unwanted pregnancy than to suffer having the

04/10/16 2:14 pm

Unwanted child. It's not bullcrap, it's reality. Your idea is more dangerous than you're willing to admit. And frankly, on a wider scale, it's more costly for the rest of us. Do you want to pay more taxes for poor children and

04/10/16 2:15 pm

Families that can't afford to pay for themselves.

04/11/16 5:14 am

Your sense of logic is quite flawed. Of course, knowing that explains why you take your stance.

04/11/16 3:41 pm

Oh, that simple, huh? I just don't understand? Ever stop to think maybe you don't understand the myriad of problems caused by lack of choice with unwanted pregnancies, vs the one insignificant downside to allowing freedom?

04/12/16 12:37 am

Yeah, you sure sound like it. Only earlier you said it'd be ok if the mothers life was in danger.. Double standard? Cognitive dissonance??

Truconservative Jesus is conservative
04/12/16 12:40 am

What are you talkibg about? I always believe abortion is only ok if mothers life is in danger

04/12/16 11:07 am

So you believe it's ok to kill a baby. Got it.

04/12/16 5:28 pm

I'm sick? What, because I used your own flawed logic against you? I'm not going to apologize for explaining to you that you're wrong, or hypocritical.

Truconservative Jesus is conservative
04/12/16 8:33 pm

You are delusional I'm not being a hypocritical. You are the one with flawed logic

04/13/16 3:19 am

Delusional?! Do you have a problem with reading or memory. Go ahead, re-read your own comments. You absolutely contradicted yourself. And you say I have flawed logic.

04/13/16 3:21 am

Really, go and do some actual research and you'll find that limiting abortions is far worse than just letting people have their choice, that making abortions illegal doesn't stop them from happening: it just makes women desperate

04/13/16 3:22 am

Enough to risk injury, even death, to have an abortion, that Christians make up the largest number of women getting abortions. And the rest is just common sense. You say you'd be ok with it if it endangered the mothers life.

04/13/16 3:24 am

First, you hypocritically just advocated for killing babies, as you put it, and second, you're position in this regard is with quality of life. If illegal abortions pose a risk to the lives of desperate mothers who don't want to have a child,

04/13/16 3:25 am

What then? What if a mother doesn't have a father figure for the child, and can't support the child on her own? You want the mother and child to suffer needlessly because you think it should be illegal? Where's the advocacy for quality

04/13/16 3:27 am

Of life in that? And you can't really say, oh, there's plenty of parents that want to adopt, because the massive list of children in need of parents and homes suggests otherwise. And maybe the government helps pay for the cost of

04/13/16 3:28 am

Raising a child, but your illegal abortion law just raised everyone else's taxes, and just because the costs are somewhat alleviated doesn't mean the child will be well raised, fed, educated, have opportunities, etc, not to mention

04/13/16 3:30 am

The child is unwanted. Your ideology puts a big strain on the rest of us, when you could just terminate a fetus. It's not even a person. It literally can't be murder. Sure, call it machiavellian, to terminate a living thing

04/13/16 3:32 am

In order to spare the suffering of many, but it's not something you can make any better by making it illegal. It's more likely to make the problem worse.

04/13/16 6:03 pm

Clearly don't understand what, exactly? Your hypocrisy, or the dangerous and twisted nature of your logically flawed rhetoric??

DeusOrbus Stay Positive
04/04/16 10:30 pm

I'd give her one of my many coupons for it.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
04/04/16 9:53 pm

"Good friend". I support her in a difficult time, I most certainly do not make it even more difficult for her or second guess a decision that was hers alone to make. Or even offer advice of any kind unless she asks for it.

JJJSchmidt San Marcos
04/04/16 8:22 pm

The right? Sure. You have the right to tell anyone anything you want. And she has the right to tell you to mind your own business.

CoffeeNow Powderpuff Leftist
04/04/16 8:21 pm

The right? If this happened in the United States then yes you had the right.

Should you have? No

KatG Liberal in Ohio
04/04/16 8:10 pm

Nope. I'd offer her my support.

Sk8BoredR Asian American warrior
04/04/16 7:58 pm

It's not my place... That's her decision!

sydwel
04/04/16 7:51 pm

No, it's not my decision.