sydwel April 4th, 2016 11:29pm

Do you prefer that your doctor is of a specific gender?

Charlemagne Monarchist
04/04/16 7:42 pm

As an adult, I don't care. It's funny because I had my first physical when I was 13 or 14 and in the throes of puberty. The doctor who gave me the physical was a woman. She was probably in her late 20's and one of the most gorgeous women I've ever seen, to this day. Turns out having a gorgeous female doctor fiddle with your jewels in the sterile setting of a doctor's office as a teenager isn't nearly as fun as I had thought it would be. It was made even worse by the fact that she didn't exactly have the best bedside manner. She was all business and rough lmao

PeppyHare Do a barrel roll
04/04/16 7:19 pm

I can't say I've been to a doctor that much or in ways that matter... I tend to prefer male doctors just because I probably relate to them more.

Sk8BoredR Asian American warrior
04/04/16 6:53 pm

It's the relationship with the Doctor that matters not their sex.

Teakeh A Happy Nihilist
04/04/16 6:40 pm

I don't care. Unless she's hot.

Hehehehehe...

I'll go now...

MrsCzarCastic
04/04/16 6:32 pm

I prefer my gynecologist to be a woman. My primary care is also a woman. My eye doctor and dentist are men.

jlong105 Indiana
04/04/16 6:16 pm

I don't want a doctor who is ambiguous about their gender.

aj1545 Cat Lady
04/04/16 5:17 pm

Depends what kind of dr. Most I dont care, but due to past trauma I just cant have a guy do pelvic exams. It gives me a lot of anxiety even with a lady dr, just less. All my other drs are guys except the psychiatrist, just happened that way.

CrzyChica
04/04/16 5:33 pm

I even had a gyno who was pregnant at the time I saw her who refused to do what I wanted her to do because I might some day want kids (none of her business) and I ended up having another surgery that wouldn't have happened because of it.

aj1545 Cat Lady
04/04/16 6:47 pm

Wow, that is awful. Unfortunately fairly common. Im sorry you were put through an unnecessary surgery and denied bodily autonomy. For some reason our bodies are seen as everyones business.

CrzyChica
04/05/16 5:12 am

Yeah. It's ridiculous. The worst part is I may end up having still another surgery down the road. Note to self...no pregnant gynos!

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
04/04/16 5:08 pm

Nope. I want a doctor who listens to me & doesn't patronize me.

sydwel
04/04/16 5:10 pm

Agreed. Being patronizing or failing to explain medications/procedures are the biggest issues for me.

CrzyChica
04/04/16 5:32 pm

Patronizing doctors piss me off. I have just as much education as you in a different field. Speak to me like I'm intelligent and if I don't understand I'll ask questions. Never speak to me as if I'm not smart enough to make my own health decisions.

17millionTwats Leeds, UK
04/04/16 5:05 pm

No preference, i havent been to the doctors in years anyway but as long as they are professional and do their job i really don't care what gender they are

Ellock Perpetually Tired
04/04/16 4:55 pm

As long as you remain professional I don't care. It's your job. Neither of us want this to happen but it has to happen so let's just get it over with. Doctors have seen so many penis's unless mines bright purple and spotted, it won't surprise them.

dfish at home
04/04/16 5:52 pm

Wait. I thought everyone's WAS purple?!?! 🍆

suppressedID suck it Kyle
04/04/16 4:44 pm

I prefer smaller hands for certain, ummm....examinations.

CrzyChica
04/04/16 4:44 pm

I used to not really care as I have had good doctors of both genders. But in recent years I had some bad experiences with a few male doctors that made me angry and very uncomfortable, so I've chosen female doctors the last 2 times. I also learned, gender aside, to never put up with a doc I feel uncomfortable with for any reason. Ugh. Creepiness.

ovcourse 8646 FJB
04/04/16 4:40 pm

My previous doctor was a female, my current a male. Both are great.

susanr Colorado
04/04/16 4:33 pm

No. I've had physicians of most kinds (gp, internist, gynecologist, surgeon, gynecological oncologist) of both sexes. I just want good medical care.

Dentists, too. I haven't had a female dentist until recently, but 3 of my last 4 dentists have been females. (The office I go to had a series of temps after the regular dentist retired.)