TiltonAllStarz April 4th, 2016 9:44pm

There was a time, not so long ago, in America, people weren't so easily offended. When jokes were jokes and people could get past their differences and find the time to laugh. Remember?

Bostonfan39 Central Mass
04/04/16 5:21 pm

I wish I was old enough. I hope to see the day when people can get over being so PC

KAnne Atlantic City, NJ
04/04/16 5:03 pm

I remember except people WERE offended. It just wasn't acceptable to say so and those unaffected weren't offended on their behalf because no one told them why it was offensive.

MJSeals J.D.
04/04/16 4:35 pm

We live in a nation where people at our "hardest" colleges petition the school due to chalk drawings.

suppressedID keep Summer safe
04/04/16 4:31 pm

People were always offended, they just keep it to themselves or gossiped about it behind closed doors. Now people just feel they have the right to get in your face and announce their outrage to the world.

ItsYaBoyBob StraightLiberalAtheist
04/04/16 3:36 pm

I make all the jokes about all the people, and people call me racist, sexist, misogynist, anti-theist, and many others

TiltonAllStarz Outside Ur Comfort Zone
04/04/16 3:30 pm

Creating "I'm offended" groups that stage protests demanding the power of government on the federal level to pass laws to defend their position...

Both sides are guilty.
None of this shit is Constitutional anyways.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
04/04/16 3:21 pm

To be fair, back then it wasn't that nobody got offended, it's more that they either knew better than to make a big deal out of it (because sheets, hoods, and lynchings were still a thing), or because no one in the group that "mattered" (white males) would have cared or listened to them anyway (be quiet and get back in the kitchen).

TiltonAllStarz Outside Ur Comfort Zone
04/04/16 3:25 pm

Stop. That's an absolute over dramatization Zod. Don't. You know damn well the point in trying to make.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
04/04/16 3:30 pm

Chill out babe. Don't get your panties in a knot. What? Is it that time of the month? Hahaha, I crack myself up.

JackTorS Clap you stupid bastards
04/04/16 4:27 pm

Oh, come on!
Gimme a break. People weren't picketing for things like civil rights and women's liberation and ending the war in Vietnam back in the '60's & '70's? It's not that people kept their mouths shut back then, it's just that when they opened their mouths, it was for things that MATTERED.

suppressedID keep Summer safe
04/04/16 4:33 pm

Wish I'd seen your note @Zod before posting.

Amen. Things just used to be WASP-ier.

TiltonAllStarz Outside Ur Comfort Zone
04/05/16 3:43 am

Mental toughness has went by the boards and has been replaced by the "I demand you listen to me and if you don't, I'll find a way to force you to" mentality.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
04/05/16 9:41 am

Can't force me to do squat, if I'm even the slightest bit mentally tough myself. So maybe we have met the enemy - and he is us?

Brandon1995 San Francisco
04/04/16 2:57 pm

People and society have always been offended by something. During the 1950s, a woman wearing pants was considered offensive.

veritas1 Panda
04/04/16 2:48 pm

There was a time not so long ago when people didn't constantly whine about how offended everyone is in response to everything that challenges what they believe in. Now, any time someone questions what we believe, we chalk up their criticisms as "being offended" and then go whine about it.

veritas1 Panda
04/04/16 2:49 pm

It's almost as if people are looking for a reason to be pissed off and complain about "safe spaces" and "cultures of offense."

TiltonAllStarz Outside Ur Comfort Zone
04/04/16 2:49 pm

☝🏼️case in point.

veritas1 Panda
04/04/16 2:52 pm

Ah. There it is.

I criticized your idea, so you chalked it up as me being offended. This is exactly what I was talking about.

Case in point.

TiltonAllStarz Outside Ur Comfort Zone
04/04/16 2:53 pm

"Safe spaces" & "cultures of offense" are just focus group tested terminology meant to give title and excuse for people to be offended.

Americans are becoming sissies.

veritas1 Panda
04/04/16 2:54 pm

I have only ever seen those terms used in the context of people complaining about how easily offended kids are these days.

TiltonAllStarz Outside Ur Comfort Zone
04/04/16 2:55 pm

Americas cast iron backbone has been replaced by a glass chin.

poetryk California
04/04/16 3:15 pm

Well said, Veritas! I always wonder about the same thing...the people who complain about others being easily offended seem to be the ones easily offended because someone didn't like what they said.

TiltonAllStarz Outside Ur Comfort Zone
04/05/16 3:36 am

Whoa.

I'm not offended at all.
I'm just saying people are sissies for being bothered on some emotional level because what some say or think.

TiltonAllStarz Outside Ur Comfort Zone
04/04/16 2:46 pm

I swear to God, people these days, wake up looking for a reason to be pissed off.