Wert April 4th, 2016 6:47pm

Of your greatest regrets, do you more regret the things you've done, or the things you haven't done.

croopertrooper Greater Cincinnati Area
04/05/16 10:31 am

I regret not staying for a 5th year in college to get the International Business degree

spring27 California
04/05/16 12:20 am

I was so busy being perfect, I forgot to live.

susanr Colorado
04/04/16 10:36 pm

I suppose it would be things I haven't done; I don't really regret things I *have* done, because they've all led to good things, even if they weren't such great ideas in themselves (like dropping out of college after the 1st 2 years - that led to a *lot* of great stuff, including having my daughter).

I regret not going back to college sooner. There was about a 5-year period when I could have done it but just didn't. That would have left more time for a career in the field I went into. As it was, I graduated from college at 44 and from grad school at 51.

The other thing is that I was always interested in public health - epidemiology, disease detective stuff. Even after I finished grad school I had an opportunity to do that, although it really was too late at that point. But it still might have been fun.

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
04/04/16 3:38 pm

It's all about the not done things, the what ifs. The regrets for things I did made me who I am today.

alynn Somewhere wonderful
04/04/16 3:15 pm

My greatest regrets are things that I have done. A couple of years ago, I would have said differently. I finally made a decision to do something I never thought I would, and that has made all the difference in my life.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
04/04/16 3:00 pm

I was just talking about that yesterday. We were in a restaurant years and years ago. Young man was sitting in the far corner all by himself. Very obviously he was not normal. It's very pretty blonde girl walked over and sat across from him when he looked up and smiled at her she laughed in his face made fun of him and walked away. I wanted to tell her so she was one car wreck away from being ugly on the outside as she was on the inside. She was with my husbands superiors at the school district so I kept quiet I think he gave me a look that said I better. I really really regret not saying something to that cruel girl

MrsCrayonWax
04/04/16 12:04 pm

There were so many things I was taught to fear when I was younger and I missed out on so much. People, travel, experiences. I'm turning 40 soon and you can't get those years back.

SticksandStones Stop fearmongering
04/04/16 12:01 pm

I regret one thing in my life, and that was not asking the girl I eventually fell in love with out earlier. By the time I did, she had lost interest. So I guess that would fall under the "didn't do" category.

orgblu10 Shamerica
04/04/16 11:58 am

Both, since choosing to do a particular thing meant not choosing a better alternative.

EmeraldShift Liberty, Justice For All
04/04/16 11:49 am

For anything you have done, there's thousands of things you haven't. There's more to regret not doing, but the memories of things done carry more weight.