pauldabb85 April 4th, 2016 2:23pm

Should women who get an abortion be subject to a punishment or a sanction?

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
04/04/16 5:38 pm

Assuming the Godfearinlibertylovinconservaradicals get their way and all abortion becomes illegal, yes there should be a punishment associated with breaking that law - probably the same penalty as first degree murder. It was the premeditated taking of a human life right? Recognizing this should help a lot of folks rethink their pro-life stance.

ozzy
04/04/16 12:33 pm

No. It is punishment enough for them to live with the decision they made

pauldabb85 Orlando
04/04/16 12:40 pm

You believe the punishment for taking an "innocent life" is guilt?

ozzy
04/04/16 1:00 pm

I would never. I am pro-life. As a libertarian I believe abortion should be legal, but not government subsidized. My religion (outdated) doesn't grant rights to fetuses or babies until 8 days survived outside the womb. All I can say for others, is that if they decide to murder their fetus/baby, they will have to live with the consequences of their decision. And I would publicly shun them, and try to change their minds, but not my decision.

crazyjane New Jersey
04/07/16 1:18 am

It's punishment enough for them being shamed and ridiculed by ozzy

ozzy
04/07/16 5:00 am

You are crazy, Jane. Lol

pauldabb85 Orlando
04/04/16 12:41 pm

If you were a lawmaker, would you apply some sort of punishment to women who get an abortion?

stammtheman Mamou
04/04/16 3:47 pm

I would follow the law. I'm a man and actually shouldn't answer. All I know is it's a terrible situation in which to be..

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
04/04/16 8:53 am

Maybe a program to help them with emotional stress, and a guide to financial aid. If that counts as a punishment

MrsCrayonWax
04/04/16 8:26 am

I think the emotional and mental torment (for some) is more than enough punishment.

pauldabb85 Orlando
04/04/16 12:40 pm

You believe the punishment for taking an "innocent life" is emotional and mental torment?

MrsCrayonWax
04/04/16 2:17 pm

No I don't but just short of charging women, I know from close personal experience that a person who doesn't want to but has to suffers horribly. A person with cancer who has no choice. A person with a tubal. A botched diagnosis and a shot of pitocin to induce the baby you were told was dead but wasn't. These women suffer tremendously. My brother would have been 30 years old this year. And that woman was a mess because of that decision she had to make.

ikeurban21 B L C
04/04/16 7:25 am

No they should not

pauldabb85 Orlando
04/04/16 7:28 am

The reason I ask is if you are pro-life and believe that abortion kills innocent lives, why shouldn't the woman be punished?

ikeurban21 B L C
04/04/16 7:31 am

It is currently legal, but in my ideal nation they would be, but you can't just throw the blame on them and punish them. The doctors are a different case however

pauldabb85 Orlando
04/04/16 7:34 am

If this poll asked the same question about doctors who preform the procedures, you would say yes?

ikeurban21 B L C