Posco BBQ Enthusiast
04/08/16 5:12 pm

My first reaction is that women are less likely to be, but that's probably due to my lack of available examples of women saying objectively racist things. As a man, I tend to be in more situations with other men where they say racist things (which is extremely rare) than I am with women. Since I don't have any other reason to say women are less racist then I have to say both sexes are equally racist.

Carolynn new jersey
04/04/16 1:05 pm

I don't think gender has much to do with how racist a person is. I think it's something that's learned on an individual basis.

HayleyS looking up.
04/04/16 10:48 am

In my limited experience, women seem to at least be less expressive about racism.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
04/04/16 9:35 am

I don't know. I said yes then I thought of my mother who was a lot more racist than my father. My dad's family was anti-English. No orange in the house on St. Patrick's Day. But my mother was the one that would use the N-word and tell me not to buy things can set something up an n would wear. I think women tend to be more accepting.

WorstGooEver Nuke the Hurricanes
04/04/16 8:15 am

Perhaps less likely to be overt about it.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
04/04/16 7:15 am

It's probably pretty equal, although from my anecdotal experience, men tend to be more racist than women. But the Ann Coulters of the world still exist.

Think Lovin Life
04/04/16 7:49 am

Was ... when it comes to racism, Ms Coulter has nothing on the likes of Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullirs, Opal Tometi, Marcia Chatelain or the ditziest if all, Rachel Dolezel!

MrMilkdud
04/04/16 9:40 am

Rachel Dolezal can't be racist. She's black.

Think Lovin Life
04/04/16 9:42 am

MrMD ... Ms Dolezel is absolutely a transracial racist!

Brrrrrrrrr
04/04/16 7:10 am

Racism is based in hatred, hatred is an emotion, women are more susceptible to their emotions than men are. Ergo, it is shown.
For all those itching to call me a misogynist, there's a queue. Estimated waiting time: 9 months.

MrMilkdud
04/04/16 7:21 am

A fairly liberal user used that same rationale to claim women would be less racist.

Think Lovin Life
04/04/16 6:20 am

Did you see those Black Live Matters women? Ya, they were as racist as they come!

MrMilkdud
04/04/16 6:22 am

Don't be ridiculous. Minorities can't be racist.
At least, that's what someone typed in ALL CAPS once before putting me on ignore, so it must be true.

Think Lovin Life
04/04/16 6:24 am

MrMD ... ha ha, being put on ignore by one of the many leftist twits is for you yet another badge of courage.

Congratulations. I conclude that when they put me on ignore that they're telling me that they're backing into their safe space corner, incapable of spirited debate.

ZaQ777 Pittsburgh
04/04/16 6:18 am

Women tend to be more empathetic on average which I think would lead them to be less racist overall.

MrMilkdud
04/04/16 7:23 am

Another user just used a similar rationale to explain that emotionality would make women more likely to be racist.

ZaQ777 Pittsburgh
04/04/16 7:34 am

Interesting. I think saying racism is based in hatred is overly simplistic. That hatred stems from ignorance which is more likely, I would guess, to develop from someone less empathic who doesn't care to consider the other person's perspective. Curious to know what the research says though.

political Georgia
04/04/16 5:33 am

I'm not going to lie. I'm a little sexist towards my own sex (male) because I don't think men are good looking.

MrMilkdud
04/04/16 5:54 am

So your anti-male sexism leads you to believe men are more likely to be racist?

political Georgia
04/04/16 5:59 am

Obviously because men are more likely to be conservative, and all conservatives are racist.

Think Lovin Life
04/04/16 6:20 am

Leftists are racist.

MJSeals J.D.
04/04/16 6:48 am

HA! Straaaiiiggghttt

political Georgia
04/04/16 7:02 am

Of course liberals are the racist. In other related news, I am straight.