liam2013 April 3rd, 2016 3:57pm

Do you think the reason the Republican are for stricter Identification at polling places because they know it will disenfranchise many of the poor, elderly, homeless, minorities? And that is the reason Democrats are opposed to it.

EPluribusUnum The Midwest
04/03/16 6:54 pm

Voter fraud is actually not really an issue. There just is no evidence it is as bad as Republicans say it is. Minorities tend to be poorer and have less access to state issued I.D.s. They also tend to vote Democrat. Voter I.D. laws are just a way for Republicans to prevent the votes of minorities from being cast.

Sk8BoredR Asian American warrior
04/03/16 1:29 pm

Considering the percent of violations there is another reason for it. The GOP is afraid of the demographic shift in this nation and are doing everything to stop as many people from voting.

MrsCrayonWax
04/04/16 6:31 am

Did I ever tell you about the "muscle" at my last polling place for the 2012 election? He was kind enough to tell little old ladies exactly who to vote for. He tried to intimidate me but I walked right past him. And he wasn't a republican.

Sk8BoredR Asian American warrior
04/04/16 7:14 am

I'm sure there are bad people in both parties... I hope he wasn't actually inside the place campaigning. That's illegal and you should have reported it! That happened once when I went with my parents to vote. My mom immediately reported the guy.

Sadly, the majority of jaws being passed to systematically remove people from rosters and make it harder to vote come from the right. One day they are going to push citizens too far and there will be a large outcry I hope.

MrsCrayonWax
04/04/16 8:18 am

He wasn't campaigning but the election before we reported fliers in the polling place. This guy was just intimidating old ladies and anyone who looked weak.

GetALoadOfThis
04/03/16 12:31 pm

I believe that the republicans want to eliminate the possibility of duplicate or illegitimate votes, however the democrats see it as an opening to keep the black voters that they need from thinking "the republicans aren't racist".

Iamamerican California
04/03/16 11:13 am

It would help stop voter fraud. It's almost impossible to function legally in this country without ID.