Show of HandsShow of Hands

JackTorS April 3rd, 2016 1:20am

Should the state refuse to issue a birth certificate or deny financial aid to a single unwed mother who does not know or refuses to name the father of her child? Exclude cases of rape or incest. (See link)

2 Liked

Comments: Add Comment

04/03/16 4:59 am

Let the state DNA test the child and figure out who the daddy is.

JackTorS Mostly peaceful polling
04/03/16 10:10 am

With this bill, the state won't have to. The burden of proof will fall on the mother. If she does not, no birth certificate and no benefits.

04/04/16 8:46 pm

But what if she is not sure who the father is?

JackTorS Mostly peaceful polling
04/04/16 8:51 pm

Well, the state would want you to make sure who the father is before you have a child. If you aren't, then you narrow it down to the prime candidates and get them tested. Or bring them on the Maury Show.

political Georgia
04/02/16 7:52 pm

You know what problem this solves? Not a one.

04/02/16 7:21 pm

Absolutely not. Nothing to punish the mother or child for.

goldz oh this world
04/02/16 7:19 pm

What would be the point of that?

JackTorS Mostly peaceful polling
04/02/16 7:18 pm

I'm a little undecided on this one. I understand what the lawmakers are trying to do with having two parties be financially responsible for the child. This law will affect the child once it gets older as well and that is not fair.

Rosebud Ohio
04/02/16 6:33 pm

Hell no. That's absurd.

fredd TrumpLand
04/02/16 7:35 pm

What she said.