VirtualCongress April 3rd, 2016 12:19am

President Zackisan will present his State of the Union address

dlaw4570
04/03/16 1:00 pm

Whatever those acronyms mean... I take it that English is not the primary language?

Sk8BoredR Asian American warrior
04/03/16 8:35 am

As long as that discourse is civil and polite. I'm all for more discourse. 😊

SouthernLaw Old North State
04/02/16 6:39 pm

πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

political Georgia
04/02/16 5:49 pm

I just feel the need to emphasize a point that Zack touched on. We have had 2 legislative polls that I can recall that received more than 100 comments. That's a huge improvement than what we normally had. In addition, I would like to add that proposing legislation is only one way to be active in VC. Commenting and debating is just as important as creating legislation.

political Georgia
04/02/16 5:52 pm

VC is the most enjoyable when we are tackling real world issues. While I understand that VC legislation is needed and necessary, I hope that if rumored changes are made or presented that it will not be a major issue in the next election cycle or anytime for that matter.

political Georgia
04/02/16 5:54 pm

Oh....correction!!! There were 3 polls that received over 100 comments.

Zackisan VC Member
04/02/16 5:20 pm

Good evening members of the VC,
Normally during these speeches, I would outline certain policy initiatives I would like some action on during the following weeks. However, clearly, the VC needs no guidance in that regard, especially at this time. The level of discourse that I have both witnessed and participated in has gone up dramatically.

Zackisan VC Member
04/02/16 5:20 pm

I would love to see that level of participation increase even more in the coming weeks. However, the floor of Congress and the legislative process is not the only method to address issues or problems this country is facing, we also have our highly respected Court.

Zackisan VC Member
04/02/16 5:21 pm

That is why I want to encourage members, old and new, if they see a legal or constitutional issue or grey area they want addressed, to propose a case to the Supreme Court. I believe by integrating the SC more into our VC a whole, will not only aid in fostering more discussion, but also greatly expand our ability to tackle the problems this country is facing, as many of these issues are complex and must be resolved with a combination of legislation and court precedents/rulings.

Zackisan VC Member
04/02/16 5:24 pm

Furthermore, I would like to see all members of Cabinet more engaged in the legislative and judicial processes as a whole. Your position enables you to really guide the discussion and see your ideas form into bills then passed into law. You are a valuable resource to the VC and hope that you can provide your experiences and knowledge to bettering this VC as a whole. Thank you and have a good night.