MyOpinionRules Orange County California

Is
V a g i n a
Healthy?

Then yes

sydwel
04/02/16 3:35 pm

Yeah, but I eat it more out of a sense of duty.

susanr Colorado
04/02/16 1:54 pm

Very much. I can't think of any healthful foods that I dislike. There are so many choices that I never really get bored and wish I could be eating some unhealthful stuff.

CoffeeNow CCP virus
04/02/16 2:24 pm

You never want a cookie? Ice cream? Sugary drink? French fries?

susanr Colorado
04/02/16 2:32 pm

It's not so much that I never *wish* that; more that I'm easily satisfied with something else that's healthful. Also, a cookie or some ice cream aren't necessarily unhealthful; that's mostly a matter of quantity and frequency.

Although, after being on a low-carb diet for a while, I can honestly say that I really *don't* have cravings like that, or that I'm easily tempted. I've been around a lot of good quality high-carb treats during the last 6 months (cheesecake I made for my daughter's birthday, great pies she made for holiday meals, lots of homemade treats my mail-carrier son-in-law's customers gave him at Christmas, good chocolates), and I wasn't even tempted. I would have been otherwise, though - but again, I don't see an *occasional* treat, made with good ingredients, as unhealthful.

CoffeeNow CCP virus
04/02/16 2:34 pm

How many carbs do you eat a day, on average?

susanr Colorado
04/02/16 2:42 pm

I haven't keep a good food log for a while (I keep thinking I'll get back to doing that "today," but just haven't), but scanning some earlier entries, it looks like about 50-80 total carbs, and (much more important for me), about 15-30 *net* carbs (total minus fiber).

I eat vegetables 3 times a day; they're just low-carb vegetables (no peas, corn, potatoes), and no bread or other grains. I make an occasional bread substitute thing with almond and/or coconut flour. And I don't use sugar.

susanr Colorado
04/02/16 2:42 pm

(That's with a total calorie intake of 1000-1100 calories, for weight loss.)

CoffeeNow CCP virus
04/02/16 2:43 pm

Wow, that's very low. Is that just temporary for weight loss?

susanr Colorado
04/02/16 2:48 pm

Yes, definitely for weight loss. It's an Atkins-type program. If you'd told me 10 years ago I'd be using it, I would have said you're nuts. But it seems very reasonable to me now. I eat a ton of vegetables, a good amount of meat (and also some non-meat proteins like tofu and seitan), dairy (as well as non-dairy stuff like soy milk), and some fruit (mostly berries). Nuts, "good" fats. It's all healthful stuff, in my opinion. I don't have anything against grains (especially whole grains) and a moderate use of sugar, but they're just not in my best interests right now.