F1Dan April 2nd, 2016 8:17pm

Yesterday I did a minor SOH April Fools prank where I replied "This user is currently being ignored" all over various polls, hopefully tricking at least one person in the process. Did you notice my prank?

arctostaphylos Ankh Morpork, New York
04/02/16 10:31 pm

I was fooled! I kept thinking "what the hell could F1Dan have done to get shut down?"

17millionTwats Leeds, UK
04/02/16 3:54 pm

I did see it once, i just assumed you got banned for something :P

F1Dan Parked in your spot
04/02/16 4:20 pm

Me? Banned? Have you no faith in me?

Sentinel Ya ie wa noh
04/02/16 2:55 pm

Yes, and it struck me as odd, due to the fact that I can not recall a time where we had a back and forth, and I would ignore you, it stood out quite a bit.......

CTYankee!!! Connecticut
04/02/16 2:24 pm

You're a wild & crazy guy!

susanr Colorado
04/02/16 1:45 pm

I noticed, but I also noticed - because I looked - that your earlier comments were still readable.

I *almost* reported it to the developer, to ask if something broke in the software such that only new comments were bleeped, and existing comments were unaffected. *Almost.* I wondered if it was a prank - almost sent you a message to ask - but decided to wait until today or whenever I noticed another comment from you, in case it *was* just a prank.

I also wondered what you might have done that got you bleeped, since I don't think of you as a user who posts abusive or otherwise SOH-rule-breaking comments.

F1Dan Parked in your spot
04/02/16 4:18 pm

I knew that anyone who did a little digging would be able to find that something was amiss as it wasn't a fool-proof plan. Honestly, if that one would have fooled you, a SOH Hall of Famer (lets make that a real thing), I might have had retire April Fools pranks altogether because I couldn't beat it. I hope I didn't cause you *too much* of a headache.

MrMilkdud Pref pronouns Thou Thee
04/02/16 1:27 pm

I noticed, but I also saw where you were making normal comments.
You have commit to an April fools joke to make it work!

F1Dan Parked in your spot
04/02/16 4:13 pm

I made one "normal" comment as I was voting on polls yesterday and immediately said "oops, damn"

F1Dan Parked in your spot
04/02/16 1:22 pm

This user is currently being ignored