merry13 April 2nd, 2016 3:02pm

It's about time for me to start car shopping. My car is constantly misfiring. The two brands that have the most appeal to me are Honda's and Subaru's. Which in general have you found to have better cars? Personal experiences appreciated!!

Mark3
04/03/16 4:24 am

Wanna find what problems you'll have with a brand?

Go to carcomplaints.com.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
04/02/16 10:58 pm

Absolutely loved our Honda fit. Because we got one friend off lunch and she loves it still one of the safest cars there is

catpillow Florida West Coast
04/02/16 10:52 pm

We used to drive Subaru XT's. We loved the features and appearance, but the engines didn't last very long. It's been quite a few years, so I'm hoping they have improved the quality.

www.classicandperformancecar.com/subaru/xt/4258/1985-1989-subaru-xt

meliste42
04/02/16 7:53 pm

Entire family has accords and civics. Mine is the oldest at 12 years old. None of our cars have had any issues. Love them!!

paranoidandroid beantown scientist lady
04/02/16 7:49 pm

We are a Subaru family. I have an Impreza and my parents just traded in a ten year old forester for another forester. Very happy with Subarus. Would definitely purchase one again.

ovcourse Its Like a Journey
04/02/16 7:15 pm

The best cars we ever owned have been a Honda Accord (16 years) and an a Honda Odyssey (11 1/2 years, so far). We bought a Subaru Forester last July, and except for the crappy entertainment system, we're happy. Still, I go with Honda.

musiman28 Cotton country
04/02/16 5:12 pm

Pretty much everything I've ever had any dealings with from Honda was phenomenally reliable. I bought a used Honda lawnmower and used it for 15 years. I put two spark plugs in it, changed the oil a couple of times, and put

musiman28 Cotton country
04/02/16 5:14 pm

One blade on it in that time. The only reason I got rid of it was my kids new dog chewed the spark plug wire in two and I decided it was time for a new one instead of fixing it. Like I said, Honda anything is reliable. Subaru I've never had

Mark3
04/02/16 11:56 am

4 Hondas. All hi-milers except the one I put into a tree. Never let me down.

That said, their reliability ratings aren't what they once were, and other than Lexus, whose is?

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
04/02/16 9:35 am

I'd prefer nissan or Toyota. Never had the other 2.

MrsCrayonWax
04/02/16 9:07 am

We've had three Hondas now. We just traded up to a newer one. They have great resale value.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
04/02/16 8:56 am

The friends that I'm staying with have a Subaru & swesr by them!

pedwingeorge Benson IL
04/02/16 8:48 am

I have a 2005 Accord and it has 207k on it and i like it

OldPoop
04/02/16 8:39 am

My daughter has a 2003 Civic with 163,500 miles on it requiring low maintenance. I own a 2004 Pilot with 181,400 miles and low maintenance. Can't argue with that!

orgblu10 Shamerica
04/02/16 8:27 am

It depends what you want in a car. We've had two Hondas. They were both very reliable, very slow, and very boring. Not for me. I'd love to have a Subaru WRX, but they're not in my price range. In my opinion, both Hondas and Subarus are overpriced. For either, I think a lot of detailed shopping will be needed, but you're liable to get an adequate car.

merry13 Saved by Grace
04/02/16 8:48 am

Mostly looking for low cost and reliable at the moment.

orgblu10 Shamerica
04/02/16 8:52 am

In that case, I'd also add Toyotas into the mix.

imanag My heaven on Earth
04/02/16 9:25 am

I had a Toyota Celica years ago. I loved that car!

imanag My heaven on Earth
04/02/16 8:12 am

We've had 3 Hondas (still have 2 of them). They've been fabulous cars. I don't have any experience with Subarus, but I know that I'd buy another Honda, no question about it.

merry13 Saved by Grace
04/02/16 8:07 am

My family has had fantastic luck with Hondas. Have a civic and odyssey. Both have done great. Only needed repair was on the civic's power steering. Everything else was routine maintenance. The civic is well over 200,000 miles and still going strong (though looks wise it's pretty beat up). But I've liked what I've seen of the Subaru's. So was curious everyone else's experiences.