VirtualCongress April 2nd, 2016 2:41pm

GOP Leader SouthernLaw proposes Growth Clarification Act

VirtualCongress Speaker NDAmerican
04/03/16 3:03 pm

Bill fails, unfortunate it got on the hot list and people voted no..

EthanF9877
04/02/16 4:15 pm

Great piece of legislation, I don't understand why anyone would vote against this.

suppressedID the glory of Yo Semite
04/02/16 9:44 am

"Frowned upon"?!? You all realize you're still on SOH, right?

Zackisan VC Member
04/02/16 8:30 am

I support this bill in general, however I would like to see open sharing limited to purely legislation polls, excluding elections, nominations, and bills on VC procedure, because those bills are seen as confusing and oftentimes annoying for non-VC members that do not understand our process

SouthernLaw Old North State
04/02/16 8:40 am

Yeah in the bill it only says legislation polls.

Zackisan VC Member
04/02/16 8:47 am

Bills on VC procedure should also be excluded from open sharing

political Georgia
04/02/16 9:09 am

Woah...people are starting to embrace my idea of sharing? I was a lunatic for suggesting such a thing a few months ago.

SouthernLaw Old North State
04/02/16 9:54 am

Zackisan that's a good idea. Political what do you think about that?

SouthernLaw Old North State
04/02/16 9:54 am

Yeah I don't think the Hot List helped this poll.

political Georgia
04/02/16 9:56 am

I'm fine with it. I'm fine with no legislation on the hot list. I'm excited about getting back to legislation polls where we were getting 100+ comments. That was fun!

SouthernLaw Old North State
04/02/16 11:20 am

Zack do we want to add that amendment?

SouthernLaw Old North State
04/02/16 7:58 am

Obviously I'm going to encourage all Republicans to vote yea! (As well as everyone else of course.)

JennaB Mother
04/02/16 7:43 am

Yea! I urge all Independent Coalition Members to vote the same.

political Georgia
04/02/16 5:58 pm

Was the valid ID law posted? I'm just curious. Are there two bills that have not been posting? I'm just trying to judge how soon we will be in need of legislation.

VirtualCongress Speaker NDAmerican
04/03/16 3:07 pm

I'm going to go through the docket tonight and see what I might of missed.

VirtualCongress Speaker NDAmerican
04/02/16 7:42 am

AN ACT TO SUPPORT SUBSTANTIAL GROWTH IN VIRTUALCONGRESS MEMBERSHIP THROUGH CLARIFYING AND REFORMING RULES REGARDING LEGISLATION POLL EXPOSURE TO NON-MEMBERS.

Whereas up-voting legislation polls to the "Hot List" and sharing them with a person's followers has become viewed as violating VirtualCongress rules and looked down upon.

Whereas it can be found that the ability for legislation polls to be up-voted onto the "Hot List" and be shared by current VirtualCongress members helps increase membership in the VirtualCongress by spreading awareness of what the VirtualCongress is.

Whereas the purpose of the VirtualCongress is to create debate and conversation through proposing and voting on legislation.

VirtualCongress Speaker NDAmerican
04/02/16 7:42 am

CLARIFICATIONS:
(1) Up-voting legislation polls does not violate VirtualCongress rules.
(2) Clicking "Share With Followers" on a legislation poll does not violate VirtualCongress rules.
(3) Scheduled VirtualCongress polls with the purpose of being shared to recruit new members is not needed because of the ability to up-vote and share legislation polls.