VotinGeorgian December 18th, 2015 10:29pm

A whistleblower has come forward complaining that the FBI was told to stand down from investigating Muslim groups known for promoting terrorism, in order to protect their civil rights. The California shooters were part of those groups. Angry yet?

palindrome California
12/19/15 8:39 am

So it's an article saying LE couldn't proceed because these groups/individuals weren't designated terrorists/suspected terrorists. They probably weren't classified as such due to a lack of evidence...

... What are you mad at? That the government didn't completely steamroll their civil rights? Hindsight is 20/20 and we can apply your (the articles) logic to EVERY CRIME in the country! "We could've stopped them if we had just known and identified them early!" -- well, that would mean severely violating people's rights. You're a conservative. Conservatives have been committing acts of domestic terror for decades... Should the govt be keeping tabs on you? Why not? Cuz you're not brown?

AnnabethWillis mississippian 4 trump
12/18/15 10:52 pm

i saw on hannity that were giving obamacare coverage to isis for free this president is terrible

AbandonedAccnt Not here.
12/18/15 8:50 pm

I don't doubt that political correctness and democrat sensitivities cause things exactly like this. I don't know if this particular story is true, but I'm certain such things do occur.

liam2013 iowa
12/18/15 7:42 pm

I do not fall for right wing lies.

AbandonedAccnt Not here.
12/18/15 8:51 pm

You only believe the left lies. You have discriminating tastes.

bringstheeagle Colorado
12/18/15 9:28 pm

suppressedID IMEACH BIDEN
12/18/15 7:29 pm

Are you really arguing AGAINST the preservation of civil rights for everyone?!?

With that precedent what's to keep you from being next?

VotinGeorgian
12/18/15 9:22 pm

I'm 100% for free speech.

Everyone agrees that conspiracy to commit murder is not protected speech.

Hence...what civil liberty is violated with investigating the group?

b4mytime Orange County, CA
12/18/15 6:55 pm

We definitely need changes, but what also makes me angry is when people like Trump and Cruz falsely say this is "political correctness." Since when did interpretation of due process and privacy laws become "political correctness?" But I do agree that foreign nationals don't have the same due process as the rest of us do.

duey in a fools paradise
12/18/15 5:20 pm

Been angry for about 7 years now.

LostTexan42 Deal With It
12/18/15 8:25 pm

Sucks to be you.

GlockMan1 Alabama
12/18/15 4:32 pm

NEVER, EVER expect the government to protect you from a terrorist act. They might get lucky a couple of times but you better be able to protect yourself.

bringstheeagle Colorado
12/18/15 4:20 pm

I'm not angry because the American public has and is sending mixed messages about this issue. On the one hand folks are applauding Snowden for exposing NSA for spying on American citizen in a manner they seem inappropriate with programs designed to stop exactly what happened in California.

Naturally this creates a chilling effect for all the other programs spying on American citizens and institutions. So I guess I'd say come on people we can't have it both ways - either we spy on American citizens or we don't period.

VotinGeorgian
12/18/15 4:58 pm

I am a very pro small government type, but the one thing that the government should be doing, which is keeping us safe, was neglected here. I absolutely loathe the new metadata programs, but having agencies or an agency monitoring groups or organizations that publicly disseminate Terrorist propaganda is not invasion of privacy, and not a parallel to what Snowden illuminated.

bringstheeagle Colorado
12/18/15 5:45 pm

I disagree first that it's not parallel and second that what Snowden did has not hampered our nations ability to keep us safe.

TierasPet
12/18/15 4:10 pm

I was already angry but this does make me more angry.