sailingaround December 18th, 2015 8:25pm

A Republican lawmaker in Arizona recently said "we should be debating a bill requiring every American to attend church on Sunday to see if we can get back to having a moral rebirth." (Link) Would you consider that view to be "radical"?

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
12/18/15 5:10 pm

I attend worship services every Sunday, but I would oppose such a law.

jennjenn318 Mean what you say
12/18/15 4:14 pm

This country was founded on secular values. We left bc religious persecution. like Salem witch trials are going to start back again. Jews & Catholics were a target not too far back in US history. Sharia law is not American. Diff faith- same concept.

Krystina Let Freedom Reign
12/18/15 4:12 pm

Not "radical" probably because I have an association with radical anything being dangerous nowadays. This view is just silly.

17millionTwats Leeds, UK
12/18/15 3:46 pm

Freedom of religion apparently only applies to christianity now

SticksandStones Stop fearmongering
12/18/15 3:26 pm

It's sad how both parties seem to hate the first amendment.

MrsCrayonWax
12/18/15 3:16 pm

What the hell! No pun intended but you can legislate that stuff. That is extreme! Who here agrees with this?

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
12/18/15 3:03 pm

Oh goody! Do I get to pick the church? Will there be a list of State approved religions or does he accept all of them? How about Native Americans? There are a lot of them in AZ, he may not be aware of this. Do they get to attend their own church? Can I 'discover' a new religion in my backyard and elect to worship it? There are many exciting possibilities here.

Axl752 NY
12/18/15 2:50 pm

Sometimes I hate my state.

JennaB Mother
12/18/15 1:54 pm

New Rule (Bill Maher style) Any politician who proposes a law as insane as the ever again needs to be impeached immediately and required to sit through a semesters long course on the first amendment.

allswel Minnesota
12/18/15 2:34 pm

I think impeachment lets the voters who elected him off the hook too easy. He should remain in office but should be barred from voting for the remainder of his term. Also he must remain silent.

OldPoop
12/18/15 1:51 pm

Not only radical, but ignorant, foolish, and ridiculous.

skinner Jersey City
12/18/15 1:45 pm

No, I would not consider it radical in the common use if the term. I think it is better defined as reactionary because it brings the country back to a preexisting way of doing things. Either way it's obviously a dumb idea that will never happen.

mfjd1948 rural johnson co iowa
12/18/15 1:31 pm

Is against the constitution. Separation of church and state. We don't want to become a theocracy like Iran or ISIS