Shazam December 18th, 2015 8:16pm

A guy here calls for violence against another. A fan answers and kills. 75% think the original person isn't resp. An org half a globe away makes a similar call and it is answered. We spend billions bombing the org. Can someone explain the difference?

FATSHADOW Cyborg Gorilla
12/19/15 3:50 pm

This is why I watch what I say on here.

FATSHADOW's followers are very devoted.

NerdyScience South Carolina
12/19/15 7:54 am

If you refer to an earlier poll it was asking with the prior fact that the consequence was not intended. For the organization I guess the point is that they are devoted to killing.

Krystina Let Freedom Reign
12/18/15 5:09 pm

What case/story is this 75% referring to?

JennaB Mother
12/18/15 1:50 pm

I wish I could tell you why. I think they should be charged with inciting violence and mob/riot mentality.

NDAmerican Florida
12/18/15 3:15 pm

In the post where 75% said he wasn't responsible, he retracted his statement. Did Isis ever retract calls to terror?

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
12/18/15 5:23 pm

Did he retract - say it was incorrect and should not be done - or simply take the post down?

Bev
12/18/15 1:36 pm

Your comparison is so very flawed. If anyone in the USA calls for murder of "non believers" then that person must be stopped. It's actually against the law here to ask people to kill others. It would take about 2 seconds to shut down anyone with a "public" voice that was asking followers to murder. ISIS is a whole different ballgame. I would assume that you could figure that out....

RoDe Latinus wordsus
12/18/15 2:51 pm

A pro-life group sent out a message that if folks think that abortion is murder, "they should act like it is". What does that mean to you? Implicit suggestions like that go undisrupted. And if you need me to find a link because you don't believe an organization could put out a message like that then I'll waste the ten minutes finding it.

Bev
12/19/15 6:47 am

I believe you. That's not exactly inciting murder though. "Act like it" to me means get involved and write your congress person. Now, "strap a bomb to yourself and blow people up" sounds like instructions/commands to murder. It's just not a good comparison.

citethesource Socialist and Atheist
12/18/15 1:24 pm

Racism, xenophobia, and bigotry.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
12/18/15 1:22 pm

I voted no on your other poll because it lacked greater context. If there is an entity or group openly advocating violence then yes, we should do something. If it's some insane guy yelling threats on a street corner, maybe not as much.

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
12/18/15 3:02 pm

SQUID - for me it isn't so much the yelling to do it. It's when a person/group with followers does it and they act accordingly. Whether it's Rush Limbaugh or some other rightwingnut DJ, Bill O'Reilly, ISIS, some left fringe group shouldn't matter. If you are in a leadership position (and all those are) and you call on your followers/fans to do something, IMHO you bear some responsibility. If we're going to one or some a pass, it makes no sense to me to hold others accountable. Make sense?

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
12/18/15 3:04 pm

Yes, totally agree. With that context I would change my answer.

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
12/18/15 1:18 pm

It seems kinda simple to me. Anyone who incites someone to commit violence against another, should be held accountable. Either that or only the person committing the violence should be. I don't understand how it can be ok in some instances, and worthy of a war in others. Just doesn't make sense to me.

mfjd1948 rural johnson co iowa
12/18/15 1:18 pm

I am sorry but I don't follow your question.

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
12/18/15 1:19 pm

Sorry, I did my best. Try reading my comment above. Does that help?