garrettr December 18th, 2015 3:34am

I've come to a very big decision in my life that I would count as a major changing factor. When was the last time you made one of these?

susanr Colorado
12/18/15 12:21 pm

The last *really* major decision, I think, was when I committed (at age 42) to finishing my undergraduate degree and going so I could go to grad school.

Another somewhat major one was when my brother and I decided to sell our parents' house, after our last parent died, rather than have me move into it. I was living in the area, but it would have been a major inconvenience for me. We kinda hated to give up the house.

More recently, when I lost my job at the beginning of 2011, I decided to move from Ohio to Colorado, but that wasn't so much a major decision as a natural transition; it had been my plan to move here eventually, for a few years.

TierasPet
12/18/15 5:09 am

It was this summer when I decided to go back to school. I may be making some other big changes as well. Best of luck with your home sale.

slickspin Heart of Texas
12/17/15 9:12 pm

I'm thinking of quitting my job of 15 years. It may happen Monday. It's so bad, I may just go into HR and tell them I resign and walk out the door.

TierasPet
12/18/15 5:08 am

I'm sorry to hear that. It's horrible when your job is such a destructive force.

missmorganmarie ...
12/20/15 8:13 am

I think a coworker of mine is doing that Monday. he was a shoe in for this new position that opened up at work, but it went to a girl with no experience because they want someone with a fresh perspective. she's supposed to learn everything in 2 weeks

missmorganmarie ...
12/20/15 8:15 am

which will be impossible to do. he has 6 years of experience and knows everything about our grant management system and has a great relationship with our clients, which is huge since we're about to bid on the contract again

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
12/17/15 9:07 pm

November - that was when I decided to sell the house & move

garrettr Alabama
12/17/15 9:22 pm

I always wanted to move back up there but as of now I won't be able to reasonably do that in the close future so I'm just going to sell it. I offered it to the renters but I don't think they want it.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
12/17/15 9:26 pm

I understand. There is a part of me that wanted to keep this place, but it's just not practical.

garrettr Alabama
12/17/15 8:37 pm

If anyone would like to know I have decided to sell my home in North Carolina seeing as how my children will be down here and I need to be close to them. My wife has began the purchasing process on a home in Birmingham.

garrettr Alabama
12/17/15 8:38 pm

So I have decided to sell that house and buy one down here as I am currently living in my parents former home.

imanag My heaven on Earth
12/17/15 8:47 pm

That's a big decision! The Hoover area is really nice. We made the decision to move states (again) this year, too. Good luck!

garrettr Alabama
12/17/15 8:52 pm

Thank you! I hope it all goes well.