brentwho Home
12/22/15 8:29 am

Slid on some black ice and t-boned the guard rail

ladyniner81 I need chocolate
12/20/15 9:21 am

Yes. I was turning right and some idiot cut me off and sideswiped me. Bent the fender and tire. I was pissed. It was my mom's Buick Century. Nice car too

catpillow Florida West Coast
12/19/15 11:00 pm

Yep, a Volkswagen Beetle in about 1969. I was going about 5 mph and attempting to brake. It was a very fragile car with terrible brakes. It was declared totaled, but I had it repaired anyhow.

clfs34 Florida
12/18/15 1:46 pm

I haven't. Someone else did for me = rear ended.

mim formerly 97123
12/18/15 11:23 am

Yes. A few years ago I was two payments from paying off my Honda Accord and wound up totaling it. It was my fav car ever and had all the bells and whistles. Sad day. Am driving a Subaru now that doesn't even come close to my Honda.

clfs34 Florida
12/18/15 1:48 pm

I'm kind of the same. I miss my Honda & it was a EX so had a ton of options. Now, I have a loaded-ish Elantra but I miss my Honda still. I almost bought another 1 but I don't like the all electronic numerical dash.

AdrenalineJ New York
12/18/15 8:54 am

Yesterday, I totaled a smart car!!!
Wasn't my fault.
I looked both ways before I crossed...

garrettr Alabama
12/18/15 1:53 am

Yep a rental. I was sideswipped going 80, lost control, hit by another car, and slammed into a guardrail.

leilu SoCal
12/18/15 12:17 am

Yes. It was a state field vehicle. The tire fell apart and I maintained control of the truck but the tire did damage to the body and I diaper the axle and wheel.

teachinla California
12/17/15 10:13 pm

I haven't, but someone totaled my Prius what it was parked back in 2012.

SarahD in your orbit
12/17/15 9:44 pm

I mean....technically I totaled mine last week since the cost of repairs will be double what the car is worth....but I'm still driving it.

TreeHugs Oregon
12/17/15 9:03 pm

I've never even had an accident other than when a deer ran into the side of my car.

dlaw4570
12/17/15 9:00 pm

Hail storms and tornados count?

dale41 Grand Master of FIRSTS
12/17/15 8:51 pm

I blew up a car in '07 if that counts.

slickspin Heart of Texas
12/17/15 8:50 pm

Yep, that palm tree jumped right out in from of me! I was worried I damaged the tree!!! Palm trees are expensive! It barely scratched the bark. The duster was totaled.

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
12/17/15 8:43 pm

It doesn't take much anymore. Insurance will total out a car for the least amount of damage!

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
12/17/15 8:46 pm

Our current car was "totalled" becuz some asshat *cut out the door handle* on the driver's door, stole CD player & everything else loose. We still drive it. Insurance paid more than we bought the car for & it still gets us where we want go just fine.

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
12/17/15 8:27 pm

Technically once. But still kept driving it after getting the totaled money

twss trump is a garbage human
12/17/15 7:46 pm

I was in an accident that totaled one of my vehicles, but I wasn't at fault. I voted 'no' for that reason, but not sure if that's what you meant.

Kay41 the Midwest
12/17/15 7:03 pm

I haven't, thankfully!

donald59 Maricopa, AZ
12/17/15 6:40 pm

It was Christmas eve and I was on my way to my mom's house when I hit an icy patch on a highway overpass and spun out totaling out my Cougar.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
12/17/15 6:24 pm

Twice - once was a no-fault accident & the other was a one-car accident, because I swerved to miss a car that was stopped across my lane...missed them, but centered a pole after skidding on gravel.

Wino I need a drink
12/17/15 6:21 pm

Twice. Both cars were worth less than a grand so it didn't take much. To be fair, one of the accidents was two cars both joining me in my lane. One from the left and one from the right while I was in the middle (apparently they were racing).

AbandonedAccnt Not here.
12/17/15 5:47 pm

Several, unfortunately. Crazy days as a young adult.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
12/17/15 5:42 pm

Well, when I was young I drove this pos 74 VW Dasher. I backed into a post and broke a tail-light. It cost me about $60 to get a new one. I'm pretty sure the car was worth less than that. So.....using insurance terms, I totaled the VW....then restored it to it's previous value. A few months later I tried to trade it in. The dealer offered me -50$. They said it would cost them that much to have someone tow the heap off their lot.

alynn Somewhere wonderful
12/17/15 5:37 pm

Yep. Totaling new car was no fun, but I actually came out ahead of the game. I'd only had the car for 14 months and I paid over half of it in cash so when I total that I owed very little on it. The car performed so well in the crash that I bought the same car one model year newer and the upgraded version. It cost me $11 more per month. Also, everybody escaped without major injury. I crashed a car at 70mph + and all I had was a burn from the airbag.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
12/17/15 6:25 pm

What kind of car was it?

alynn Somewhere wonderful
12/17/15 8:22 pm

2006 Honda Accord

alynn Somewhere wonderful
12/17/15 8:25 pm

I was probably going 75mph (fast lane on the interstate) and had no chance to brake. The front end was pushed in about 3 feet from the nose. The inside of that car though...you couldn't even tell it had been in an accident except for the deployed airbag. The windshield didn't even crack.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
12/19/15 10:15 pm

Many, many years ago, I totaled a Buick Century. We were barely injured, and I had a similar feeling - that the car's front end had been a protection.

alynn Somewhere wonderful