Chimama December 17th, 2015 7:20pm

Russian President, Vladimir Putin, recently stated that Donald Trump is "bright and talented". With this respect from Russia, do you think Donald Trump could be best choice to improve the relationship between the U.S. and Russia?

goldz oh this world
12/20/15 2:09 pm

Saw a rare excellent article by CNN about how Putin tells each US president what they want to hear. He knows Trump has an ego problem so he praised him, hoping if Trump becomes president he will be allowed to do whatever he wants.

Allsports my world
12/17/15 6:28 pm

What a joke and a waste of conversation

rons WOKE is sick
12/17/15 3:39 pm

It's the Love Boat!

Think Lovin Life
12/17/15 3:38 pm

Mr Teump isn't the best choice, but he's clearly better than the bumbling Mrs Clinton!

mac Oregon
12/17/15 2:17 pm

Putin would love to have Trump as President- are people so stupid they don't realize false praise and an effort to influence political advantage for Russia?

mac Oregon
12/26/15 1:43 pm

Rather, you are.... I see clearly.

LostTexan42 Deal With It
12/17/15 1:46 pm

You believe Putin really is endorsing the best candidate for our country? He's endorsing the one who will weaken the US more on a global stage. Trump would be the worst president ever if he does half the things he's talked about so far.

Highlander1 Iowa
12/17/15 1:49 pm

He just respects his russian mentality about policies.

MrMilkdud
12/17/15 2:04 pm

I totally agree. He's not someone we should listen to about presidential picks. Last year he made comments about how Hillary Clinton is weak, knowing it would stir up her supporters. He does the same kind of thing with business leaders he doesn't like.

MrMilkdud
12/17/15 2:19 pm

He's tailoring his message to the particular candidate, Chimama.

MrMilkdud
12/17/15 2:20 pm

He would be happy with either Hillary or trump in office, but he knows that he rated high with trump supporters and low with Clinton supporters, so he needs to use different rhetoric with each group.

MrMilkdud
12/17/15 2:24 pm

Putin's comment about Hillary was distinctively sexist, she compared him to hitler, and he responded by saying "it's best not to argue with women," and then called her weak.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/vladimir-putin/10877185/Vladimir-Putin-on-Hillary-Clinton-Its-better-not-to-argue-with-women.html

MrMilkdud
12/17/15 2:29 pm

No, you're missing the point. I'll explain it again.
Putin isn't a blunt instrument kind of guy. He's a very strategic politician.
He knows he could manipulate trump and Hillary very easily. He would be happy with either of them in office. But he knows that their supporters are very different and have to be manipulated differently.
So...Trump supporters see Putin as a strong leader, and want to associate trump with strong leadership, so Putin complements trump to give trump a boost.

But Clinton's supporters are more reactive and feel empowered when they're in opposition to something, and so Putin said something they could oppose, thereby strengthening them in their support of Hillary.

MrMilkdud
12/17/15 2:32 pm

And I never said Putin was an evil monster. I think he's an excellent leader, even if I don't support him.

MrMilkdud
12/17/15 2:38 pm

He's just giving these two candidates support in a very indirect way, Chimama.

And no, he's not just expressing a personal opinion. That's very naive. He's the former head of the KGB and he's been very effective at returning his formerly fallen country to world power status, and making himself the de facto lifetime leader in the process.
He knows exactly what he's doing. And if you go back and read what analysts had to say a year ago when he first made these comments about Hilary you'll see that I didn't just pull this out of my ass today.

If Putin expresses any opinion about American politics, it's probably best to read between the lines and try to determine if he has some ulterior motive.

12/17/15 1:35 pm

They both like to do whatever they want, so sure.

12/17/15 2:11 pm

The ones that understand that Trump would be a terrible leader.

12/17/15 2:20 pm

Okay he wouldn't be terrible. He would definitely be wayyy better than any democrat. I just don't think he has as good of responsible leadership skills as Cruz, Paul, or Rubio.

12/17/15 2:46 pm

And you think a man with the attitude of Trump would lead well?

12/17/15 3:50 pm

Did u not see Trump's attitude towards the other candidates during the debate? He is so ignorant.

12/17/15 5:29 pm

Apparently you weren't paying attention. Or youre too biased about it to even notice his downsides.

12/17/15 5:36 pm

No I'm not. My dad used to be a huge Trump supporter until the debate. Trump's comments made him realize he isn't the right guy for the job. Also, my dad used to love the energy and outspokenness of Trump, and even he said that Trump it too far during the debate.

12/17/15 6:09 pm

And the deficit isn't gonna get worse when he tries to build his wall across the whole southern border?

12/17/15 6:11 pm

Look at the size of Israel compared to our Southern border...

12/17/15 6:13 pm

Even half of out Southern border is like 8x larger than that of Israel

12/17/15 6:39 pm

I can at least see where you are coming from on this, but how could you agree with banning a whole religion/race from the US for at least 3 years?

12/17/15 6:51 pm

He also plans to kick out hundreds of thousands of muslims out of the country, along with the millions of mexicans he plans to kick out.

12/17/15 7:00 pm

Not all muslims are radical... I'm all for deporting but the thing is he has failed to even lay out a plan

12/17/15 7:29 pm

How come he never bothers to say anything about it during the debates? But oh come on we don't need silly analogies.

12/17/15 7:51 pm

Look apparently I'm just not as conservative as you, I think we should just agree to disagree.

GlutenPutin The First Civilization
12/18/15 12:09 am

10% of muslims are terrorists? You're telling me more than 100,000,000,000 terrorists? I don't think so the percentage is less that 0.001%

cw10 okla
12/17/15 1:02 pm

Vote Ted Cruz

thornman13 Indiana
12/17/15 1:24 pm

What's your thoughts about Rand Paul and Putin?

political Georgia
12/17/15 12:40 pm

I don't know about the best, but I definitely believe diplomatic deals would be a strong point of a Trump Presidency.

dominiclandry
12/17/15 12:35 pm

I don't think we need to be friends but we don't need to be enemies. Trump might be the best for that.

Rachel27b maryland