osouless December 15th, 2015 3:46am

I had what could be described as an interesting day. If you're interested in a poem i wrote, go ahead and read it in the comments. Replies are not only welcome, they're semi-expected. 👍🏻

TierasPet
12/15/15 5:30 am

I read the poem and all your comments. I would say this. The people you speak of are, maybe, just as lonely, scared and insecure as anyone else. It takes time to grow up and if you're numbing feelings that way, it's because you can't face them.

Maybe this person is making a conscious choice and maybe they are numbing themselves from a world of pain.

Either way, unless someone lets you see them, really see them, they aren't right for you anyway. I would also say this, the right one will come along. In the mean time, the other advice here is good advice. I'm sorry you are hurting.

BatmansParents Monarch Theater
12/14/15 9:18 pm

Dud this is pretty accurate as to my current predicament. And I just want to say that I feel form you man, and I've been there before and what I'm about to say isn't mace or sunshine and rainbows, it's that guys like us either become mentally insane trying to stay sane, or we become like Steve jobs, and rule and are dissatisfied with their life. And that's the thing isn't it, life isn't nice or kind; it's a kick in the pants every second of everyday of your life, but you gotta keep your head up and solider through it because at the end of the day, you realize life isn't for the individual and their experiences, it's about your loved ones, and the ones who love you, and what they remember about you.

I'm sorry if this made you feel bad, but it's the truth, and it seems like you could to use some truth right now man, but if feel you man. Just remember

You are loved

osouless Whats Next
12/14/15 9:29 pm

While i appreciate the thought, i'm having a hard time following what you're saying. Are you saying i'm either going to go insane or forever be disappointed with my life and those are my only options?

BatmansParents Monarch Theater
12/14/15 9:31 pm

Not necessarily, but Steve jobs was not always happy he had ups and downs, the point I'm trying to make is that don't let one area of your life drag you down when you could grow up to be an amazing person who changes the world. Basically, don't give up

osouless Whats Next
12/14/15 9:33 pm

Don't take this poem as saying i'm obsessed with being virgin. It's more just frustration encapsulated in a poem. I honestly only put thought into this when the situation dictates. I like to focus on other more important matters than my blue balls.

BatmansParents Monarch Theater
12/14/15 9:36 pm

I wasn't talking about sex. I was merely saying don't ever give up because you could one day go on to do something great, Steve jobs was a bad example sorry, a better example would be bill gates

osouless Whats Next
12/14/15 9:41 pm

Ok i'm better understanding what you're saying. Thought you were being more specific than you were. I apologize! Thanks for the kind words tho!

Cole12 ...
12/14/15 9:14 pm

Good poem. But I ask you this: Why do you think people drink, smoke, and fuck strangers?

Deep down, millions or billions of individuals around the world feel a horrible emptiness. Personally, I experience it in my stomach - it's similar to a hunger ache, but it has nothing to do with hunger. It's a feeling of meaninglessness. So, we try to stimulate ourselves with alcohol, drugs, and sex. And these things work, at least for a while.

Don't be so quick to judge others. We all feel exactly like you do - we're just trying to hide it as best we can.

osouless Whats Next
12/14/15 9:28 pm

I try not to judge, and i understand everyone feels close to the same thing. Again this isn't meant to be taken 9000% literally, it's just some pent up frustration.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
12/14/15 9:13 pm

Wow. I don't know how to respond to that. It seemed very honest, to say the least.

I've always wanted to write good poetry, but I get distracted in wanting it to be good, rather than honest. Do you have any suggestions?

osouless Whats Next
12/14/15 9:21 pm

I'm no where near an expert on the topic, but i always just get an urge to write something about what's bugging me. I more often than not just start writing in my head without thinking about it and then two seconds later i HAVE to start putting it on "paper". I also don't try and make it "good" but focus more on just letting my voice be heard. Poetry should be felt along with being heard.

firefly5 the verse
12/14/15 9:12 pm

To add to all the anecdotes that I'm sure you've heard, you won't get more than a few good nights with someone like that.

osouless Whats Next
12/14/15 9:24 pm

I know. Though to semi-defend myself this is kinda just about every girl i've ever had a crush on or lusted after; not one in particular. But i agree with what you're saying at the same time.

bartman71 USW
12/14/15 9:02 pm

I would tell the person in this poem that I have no words that will immediately help them , other than to say, it will happen when they least expect it, and maybe not with who they would expect. I know. I have been right there. Doesn't make it any easier though.

osouless Whats Next
12/14/15 9:22 pm

Trust me i understand full well that it might happen one day, but as they say "it's the waiting that's the worst part".

osouless Whats Next
12/14/15 8:48 pm

Read the whole thing before you respond at all btw. I kinda go up and down alot with my rhetoric and emotions.