Independent101 December 12th, 2015 6:00pm

Lets say you have a kid who just got his/her drivers license at age 17 and is currently in his/her junior year of high school. Do you give him/her a car to use?

jmw7477 Indiana
12/12/15 2:47 pm

My grandparents raised me. We lived about 25 minutes away from school. I was in so many extracurricular activities that they couldn't wait until I started driving. They bought my great-grandma's 1969 Buick Electra for me. (She wasn't driving anymore.)

17millionTwats Leeds, UK
12/12/15 2:28 pm

No, if they want a car, they can pay for it

EarlyBird Portland
12/12/15 1:59 pm

I bought my kids a car to share. It got a lot of use.

ZaQ777 Pittsburgh
12/12/15 1:36 pm

My parents did, and I plan to for my child as well.

cowtown2
12/12/15 1:22 pm

To *use* to go to and from school and help with family errands, definitely. I have three grown children and did not *give* any of them a car...they earned the money to buy their first vehicle.

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
12/12/15 1:10 pm

I can the old hand me down car when my parents got sonething newer. I paid them for it as if I had an auto loan from them, just without interest

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
12/12/15 1:02 pm

They will use my car when I'm not unless they buy their own car, or I end up being rich.

dlaw4570
12/12/15 1:00 pm

I read that as giving them their own car...no! I will provide a car they can, with adult supervision, not to use as they like.

CrzyChica
12/12/15 11:20 am

I got an old car when I was a teen. Ran fine but was a tank. Didn't get my first new car till I was out of college and had worked for a while. My teenage niece was given a new car which she has already wrecked multiple times. I'm not her parent, but she would've lost car privileges and footed at least some of the bill.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
12/12/15 11:11 am

Sure, assuming I trust them and they're on my insurance policy. My parents let me use all of their cars, and I got my own quite young.

Independent101 Be For America
12/12/15 11:02 am

I ask this question because I am thinking back to how my parents didn't and how I just did for my daughter :-)