RJ1969 December 11th, 2015 4:38pm

Someone is buying oil from ISIL, keeping them funded. Who do you think it is?

cowboy Doors of Perception
12/17/15 9:21 am

Turkey, the US, Russia, Iran, Yemen, Egypt... ect...ect...

BluejayV Life is Cinema
12/13/15 3:38 pm

I think it's most likely the Saudi's or the Qatari. I doubt it's Syria or Turkey.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
12/13/15 8:50 am

I heard it on the news the other day. 😠😠

palindrome California
12/11/15 2:11 pm

Probably both. But Turkey is definitely doing it as well.

People say we shouldn't believe Putin...

Well, we sure as hell shouldn't believe our own officials either. They will make up any lie to support their agenda- and right now that agenda is to undermine Russia and Assad.

soulfighter79
12/11/15 2:11 pm

I dunno. Let's ask congress. Oh wait, aren't they still delaying the nomination of Adam Szubin for Treasury For Terrorism. This job is to cut funding to terrorists. Till then we can all just wait till after the holidays. No rush. Thanks congress.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
12/11/15 1:15 pm

You can bet the Saudis are involved somehow either way. It shouldn't matter, because even though it isn't ISIS's oil to sell to start with, if they are profiting from selling it, it should be a preferred target for any and all of the foreign aircraft dropping bombs in the area.

12/11/15 1:10 pm

Good links. It boils down to he said they said.

maltz earth
12/11/15 2:09 pm

I've never trusted the Turkish government since I've been researching their politics for the last century. I am negatively biased towards them and believe what I think is the truth. There will always be hearsay, but the truth will prevail.

Yankeemike Sell the Knicks Dolan
12/11/15 12:18 pm

Why would Syria help fund the group trying to take over their territory??

12/11/15 12:28 pm

Because that's not an accurate portrayal of the situation.

Yankeemike Sell the Knicks Dolan
12/11/15 12:55 pm

How so?? Has ISIS not taken over large amounts of Syria??

arttie123 Progressive Independent
12/11/15 1:20 pm

US created ISIS. The whole idea is to destabilize Syria just like how they did Iraq.

12/11/15 4:42 pm

Yankme, I think you need a little insight on all of this. You have a completely oversimplified view of what this is all about.

Yankeemike Sell the Knicks Dolan
12/11/15 5:09 pm

I think you have just pulled stuff out of your ass. Syria isn't buying their Oil. Iraq isn't buying their Oil, and the U.S isn't buying their oil.

12/11/15 5:13 pm

Oh, sorry I didn't realize you were more insightful than the people writing the articles I liked here.

So, they transport crude oil to their special customers who have refinery capabilities how again? This should be interesting.

12/11/15 5:14 pm

Who are their customers? Who can convert crude oil into something usable?

arttie123 Progressive Independent
12/11/15 5:17 pm

Turkey is buying their oil.

12/11/15 5:22 pm

What pipelines connect Turkey and Syria? What railways connect Turkey and Syria?

12/11/15 5:41 pm

*crickets*

Please please please say trucks. Oh please. I'd love to do a math problem with you. We can totally by-pass logistical reality and go straight to math.

12/11/15 5:50 pm

Thank you for asking. It would take 100 tanker trucks (based on US truck capacity) running every day to make the money they made selling oil. Does that sound plausible?

Yankeemike Sell the Knicks Dolan
12/11/15 6:30 pm

Right, because these articles are 100% proven fact. Silly me I forgot. Everything on the Internet is true. The US never went to the moon. HIV doesn't exist. The US created Ebola and released it into Africa.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
12/11/15 11:15 am

I saw this...I don't know who is doing it, but it needs to end. I've always felt that the best thing I can do as an individual to fight terrorism is to use as little petroleum as possible, this confirms it. Would also love to drill and frack more in the US. Crude is approaching $30 a barrel due to oversupply and decreased demand. If this trend continues, nobody will buy ISIS oil.

12/11/15 11:30 am

Except the people at the end of the tap.

I totally agree on abandoning middle eastern oil. That would be our best move.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
12/11/15 11:32 am

We could do it if we really wanted to. It would transform global politics and our place in the world.

12/11/15 11:13 am

These early results are interesting. Do people really think turkey and Syria have open access to each other's territory so that trucks freely pass through? Rail? Pipelines?

Where are all the existing rail and pipelines going? Yeah, exactly...Syria. So why do so many (republicans) believe Putin? Seems like he's pointing the finger be blaming people who shot down one of their planes after it entered their air space.

12/11/15 4:43 pm

And Time. In fact, you will find it just about everywhere.

Odysseus We All Need A Fantasy
12/11/15 9:53 am

Probably both of them. It would not surprise me if Saudi Arabia is buying oil from them as well. Obviously not because they need the oil but because they love to fund terrorists and screw with the West.

skinner Jersey City
12/11/15 9:50 am

I don't have any credible evidence to indict either, but if it has to be one, then I would suspect it to be Syria. The Assad regime has been a crucial supporter in the creation of Daesh. The very notion of Daesh is an authoritarian project by the Assad regime to convince Syrians and the world that a strongman is necessary and that the rebels are all terrorists.

12/11/15 10:24 am

The transport infrastructure is there. ISIL isn't building pipelines or laying rail. Massive mounts of liquid material are not hard to track when they are moved. It looks like they are going to where the current transport systems have always been.

badattitude no place like home
12/11/15 11:32 am

I read that the coalition forces destroyed 400 oil tanker trucks. True? Will this stop the flow?

12/11/15 4:43 pm

It depends on whose tankers they are.

getupbaby South City
12/11/15 9:50 am

Why would it be Assad?

12/11/15 9:50 am

I know, right?! But it is.