TopsQueen December 11th, 2015 4:32pm

Has your vehicle or residents ever get broken into?

Rosebud Ohio
12/12/15 8:16 pm

My car has been several times.

cowtown2
12/11/15 10:44 pm

Somebody tried to break into my car while I was at church. They broke the handle on my car, but were not able to get into it.

garrettr Alabama
12/11/15 10:02 pm

My garage on my house in North Cariolina was broken into. They thankfully didn't get into the main house because as soon as they tried to kick the door the alarm went off. But they did steal a bicycle and push mower.

susanr Colorado
12/11/15 9:08 pm

Not my own house or apartment, and I don't own a car. My parents' house was broken into when I was a child, and a housemate's car was broken into while we were inside a bar watching some live music one night.

catpillow Florida West Coast
12/11/15 8:12 pm

Not my current house or car.

When I was in optometry school, every apartment in my building except mine was broken into. My car, however, was broken into practically every night. I quit locking the doors so they wouldn't break the windows, and just let them look through it.

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
12/11/15 8:06 pm

Cars & garage, several times. House... so far, so good.

missmorganmarie ...
12/11/15 7:23 pm

almost my parents house. they kicked in the basement window

brookesmom
12/11/15 3:04 pm

In the last 9 years our truck has been broken into three times and my car has been broken once. Ironically we had no theft living in Southern California.

lightsabr2 The Big Sky
12/11/15 2:17 pm

I'm not normally the grammar/spelling Nazi, and I'm nowhere near perfect, but this poll question is a comedy of errors. It changes tenses mid-sentence, and also residents =\= residence.

myob
12/11/15 2:27 pm

I'm with you about realllly bad grammar. Do not reply to them. They will misunderstand what you are saying anyway. Wast of time

catpillow Florida West Coast
12/11/15 8:18 pm

Try to give Tops Queen a break. She can't see very well (legally blind) and sometimes the text doesn't come out the way she dictates it.

susanr Colorado
12/11/15 9:00 pm

TopsQueen is dyslexic. She dictates her text and doesn't see the resulting errors. As catpillow says, give her a break, please. Tops is one of the biggest-hearted, kindest people you'll find on SOH. Discussing things with her is never a waste of time, although criticizing her spelling & grammar probably is.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/11/15 10:22 pm

Thank you, sometimes I catch my errors and I cringe. I am legally blind and dyslexic. My brain will tell me it says one thing when it actually says something else. I do apologize for upsetting you. When I hear bad grammar it drives me crazy too.

cpaswr just say the letters
12/11/15 1:58 pm

My car has been broken into a few times.

bmetz Iowa
12/11/15 1:50 pm

Lived in rural Iowa for 22 years and never locked my car once. Never had anything stolen. Moved to a city in Ohio for school and I've had my car broken into and my debit card number stolen within 3 months. Made me realize how sheltered I was haha.

chickencookie Jihad Joe
12/11/15 1:44 pm

Our car was stolen on New Years Eve in Brooklyn. Cops found it but it was pretty messed up. My house was broken into twice before marriage (I was home as it was happening one time) and one after marriage. Horrible experiences.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
12/11/15 1:07 pm

My car, many years ago, when I worked in the worst part of Tacoma, twice, two weeks apart. The bad part is I was parked in the same spot both times, head in the first time and backed in the second, so both vent window frames wound up being sprung.

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
12/11/15 11:52 am

Nope, mine is definitely the wrong house

professorwho Madness and Genius
12/11/15 11:30 am

When I was 11, someone broke into my mom's car and stole my DSXL. Been pissed ever since.

mugendraco Alabama
12/11/15 10:53 am

Car once. Though nothing was broken, so it's possible I accidentally left it unlocked. They stole my pocket knife, a decorative dagger, and my FM transmitter. Nothing too valuable. Ironically, my GPS and my cash in the console was untouched.

MrMilkdud
12/11/15 10:12 am

Yes. A few years ago. In a church parking lot of all places.
They stole a diaper bag with a dirty diaper in it :)

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/11/15 10:34 am

Well deserved for them. The church we attended some kids broke into cars and stole candy bars the kids were selling

catpillow Florida West Coast
12/11/15 8:19 pm

Definitely serves them right.

susanr Colorado
12/11/15 9:05 pm

I had a good friend whose car was broken into. A old decrepit backpack she had left in the car was stolen. Aside from the annoyance, we got a big laugh out of it, wishing we could see the thief's face when they realized what their loot was. Her backpack was filled with materials for use by her Sunday school class at her church.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/11/15 10:23 pm

Too funny Susan. It would be funny if it converted him to Christianity. What a testimony.

biker4life Arizona
12/11/15 9:56 am

My car was when I was living in the Dallas area. I have two large dogs so I doubt my home will be targeted anytime soon.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/11/15 9:35 am

We had both our residents and vehicles broken into. Our house was broken into years ago but it was the kids next door. My husband is terrible about locking the car up. We've had it broken into three or four times. 😬

biker4life Arizona
12/11/15 9:57 am

I don't lock my car either. If someone is going to break into it, I'd prefer they not damage it too bad.

chinito Florida
12/11/15 10:06 am

I lock my car because most of the thieves that would break into your car are opportunistic. Usually, they won't risk it, unless they see something of value.