Xemanis Lawful Good
12/11/15 7:20 am

It doesn't help. It hurts people's grades because most people don't do it.. it's a waste of time. It doesn't actually teach anything

smithy0013
12/11/15 8:20 am

I feel like I bring this up all the time in polls complaining about homework. Homework has been shown to improve mastery of the material whether you like it or not. If the majority of students don't do it, they're just lazy. An education is an active pursuit of the student. It is not given to the student.

Xemanis Lawful Good
12/11/15 11:53 am

It never helped me. The teacher is there to teach, not assign BS that we may or may not know how to do.

Xemanis Lawful Good
12/11/15 11:53 am

It adds a ton of unnecessary stress to people's lives

bartman71 USW
12/14/15 3:49 am

I always did great on quizzes and tests, and I had good grades. But my grades were lower than they could have been, because I hated homework.

smithy0013
12/14/15 10:55 am

Your grades were lower than they could've been because homework. And that means... What exactly? Do you think your teacher can test everything they taught on a single test? Of course not. Tests are time limited and can only test a certain category of knowledge. Your grades were lower because you didn't demonstrate mastery of the subject matter.

Xemanis Lawful Good
12/14/15 10:59 am

I got an A in English because of all the quizzes we did.. never did the homework. Did stuff in class, but school should be left at school. my home has nothing to do with it

bartman71 USW
12/14/15 2:25 pm

Yes, daily quizzes on material covered, test at the end of the week. No homework. My favorite classes.

smithy0013
12/14/15 4:59 pm

So when the school curriculum can already barely fill in enough knowledge for someone to be generally educated, you want to take further amounts of time out of every single class for a worksheet you could have done at home? I see no negative repercussions at all...

Xemanis Lawful Good
12/14/15 5:25 pm

Homework adds stress. Tons of it. So most of us didn't do it.

smithy0013
12/14/15 5:51 pm

Haha yes life isn't stressful at all. Need to write some code for your boss that will go on a very expensive satellite to make sure it flies right? That's calming. Need to balance your work life and your home life? Easy peasy. Rents due and you spent the money so that you could eat? I'm sure the landlord will understand your stressful situation. Look, people aren't gonna cushion reality for you your entire life. Your going to be stressed and you're going to struggle to have time for everything you want to do. Homework is the least stress that life is going to cause you for a very long time. Maybe it's good that it's a little bit stressful. That way the real world isn't gonna hit you all at once. Only thing is: in the real world, skipping homework results in much worse than a poor grade

Xemanis Lawful Good
12/14/15 5:52 pm

It's much less stress when you don't do it, seeing as how it doesn't matter for me.

smithy0013
12/14/15 5:55 pm

And if you continue to avoid stressful situations like the ones I listed above, you will lose a satellite, lose touch with your family, and get evicted. But hey as long as your living stress free right?

Xemanis Lawful Good
12/14/15 5:56 pm

I'm not making a satellite, I don't need my family. Plus I got an A In that class so I don't care. Haha