tawnybgood35 December 11th, 2015 12:29am

Does anybody believe The United States would be in better shape economically and environmentally had Al Gore won the count and became president in the 2000 election?

allswel Minnesota
12/10/15 7:22 pm

Environmentally? No question about it. Bush failed to make good on his campaign promise to regulate coal plant emissions, pulled out of the Kyoto agreement and undermined the science of climate change.

Economically? Not much question there either. Take a look at the national debt, a favorite past time of many conservatives.

One third of the current debt was there when Bush came into office.
One third came from overshooting with the tax cuts, (we had surpluses the three years before Bush took office and the first year of his presidency).
The other third comes from the unfunded pre-emptive war.
I don't think we would have seen the second two thirds with Gore and might even have continued with surpluses.
But what the heck, let's go back and try the same things again. Maybe this time something different will happen.

tawnybgood35 Las Vegas, NV
12/10/15 7:35 pm

I know. Let's do it again! I can't believe anybody is even considering putting another Bush or Clinton in the white house. Same taste different flavor. American voters are as bad as 2ND DUI OFFENDERS. Get your ass handed to you once in court fines, classes, coroners inquests and 3yrs of XTRA SR-22 INSURANCE and then do it again for a 2nd time for a felony charge, jail time or even worse you kill an innocent person. Why can't we learn the 1st lesson?

drinkdrank Ohio
12/10/15 6:47 pm

I feel like this is a trick question...if gore was elected in 2000, Obama likely wouldn't have been elected in 2008. I really have no clue what the difference would be.

tawnybgood35 Las Vegas, NV
12/10/15 7:36 pm

None of us can know with any certainty. It's just fun to imagine. No answer is wrong in hypothetical situations.

tawnybgood35 Las Vegas, NV
12/10/15 6:38 pm

Well I'm learning through this site that the majority of us Americans are unhappy with our gov't officials. Remember when they all refused to go to work a year or two ago? I know I'd be fired if I did that. How do we fire them all and start over? I know that would be chaos. But a girl can fantasize.

shygal47 Florida east coast
12/10/15 6:31 pm

I doubt Gore would have gone after Iraq. Even HE is smarter than that.

Think Lovin Life
12/10/15 6:36 pm

You have got to be kidding! Look at the mess Al Jazeera Gore has made of his life!

tawnybgood35 Las Vegas, NV
12/10/15 7:38 pm

Why do you refer to him as Al Jazeera Gore. I'm just newly interested and educating myself. So now I'm off to Google "Al Jazeera Gore"

shygal47 Florida east coast
12/10/15 7:42 pm

Tawny ... It's been my experience that I rarely find Think to have anything of value to offer -- but that's just my opinion. You will have to decide for yourself.

Think Lovin Life
12/10/15 7:43 pm

Tawny ... I recommend you dig into Al Gore's sale of his failed leftist network, Air America to Al Jazeera. He tried and failed to foster a leftist response to Fox News, and when it failed the traitor sold the network to those who hate the US even more than Democrats.

In the end, the man who would've been president showed that he had no scruples.

Think Lovin Life
12/10/15 7:44 pm

Tawny ... please do decide for yourself. Don't left the far left leaning Gal persuade you. Gal and her friends love to regurgitate the left talking points but are never able to explain or defend their nonsense.

tawnybgood35 Las Vegas, NV
12/10/15 7:49 pm

I've only read as much so far. Well he sold his.Network to Al Jazeera. So I guess the sheik that owns Al Jazeera is questionable? So now I research him. I don't assume all affiliated with Al Jazeera are HE-MAN AMERICA HATERS. And I know and have faith all Americans are not SHE-RAH MUSLIMS HATERS. I will take your words into account and respect your opinion. I appreciate you practicing your right to express them. That sounds back handed but I swear it is not meant sarcastically.

tawnybgood35 Las Vegas, NV
12/10/15 7:51 pm

Oh and as far as going far left or right... For new Bahahaha. The only thing I'm that serious about is buying China.😊

shygal47 Florida east coast
12/10/15 7:51 pm

LOL!! Far left? Me? You are so funny, Think!

Think Lovin Life
12/10/15 7:53 pm

Tawny ... happy to share. Please don't worry about offense. Only leftists from the bubble wrap crew get offended and need to run to their safe zones.

Many of us welcome robust discussions with folks that have varying points of view.

tawnybgood35 Las Vegas, NV
12/10/15 7:53 pm

Why would your opinion have any less weight then the next? Your opinion does matter. It may or may not be popular but it matters. Do not become apathetic. There's too much of that I'm my not so humble opinion.

Think Lovin Life
12/10/15 7:55 pm

Tawny ... as I'm sure you can tell, I have little respect for Mr Gore and the lies he propagates. Nobody here has shown any redeeming qualities that Mr Gore represents -- not his self-serving carbon credits and not his inconvenient lies.

SugarShaq
12/10/15 6:30 pm

The real question is this: Would Al Gore have gone after worldwide terrorists before 911 happened?

brentwho Home
12/10/15 6:08 pm

Gore in office would have meant Bush Jr wouldn't have been for at least 4 of his 8 years, and as it would be hard to be worse, Gore would have almost certainly done better

Think Lovin Life
12/10/15 6:30 pm

You might wish so, but look at what Al Jazerra Gire has done with his time while not in the Oval Office. He's been preoccupied with a lie, sold out a failed fascist network to our enemies and created a Ponzi scheme for bamboozling the government to pay him for nonsensical carbon credits.

Ya, Mr Gore would have been better than Mr Bush at absolutely nothing of value!

tawnybgood35 Las Vegas, NV
12/10/15 6:36 pm

You think the rise in carbon is a lie? I'd like to research that. What websites can I get that info.

Think Lovin Life
12/10/15 6:03 pm

Al Jazerra Gore would have made things FAR worse!

biker4life Arizona
12/10/15 5:59 pm

Unfortunately we have a worthless congress so it wouldn't matter who was in the White House.

Think Lovin Life
12/10/15 6:05 pm

Except that's a lie. MrO has the senate for six years and both houses for two. Democrats squandered any opportunity to improve things by wasting time ruining healthcare.

biker4life Arizona
12/10/15 6:10 pm

The congress has done NOTHING to make America better. All they do is fight amongst themselves and cause division.

Think Lovin Life
12/10/15 6:26 pm

Biker ... you are willfully ignorant on this point.

SugarShaq
12/10/15 6:31 pm

So true think! Biker, the congress has been majority DEMOCRATS the past 16 years. Republican control is new.

biker4life Arizona
12/10/15 6:32 pm

No. I just don't give a shit about who's being labeled a racist and who's not.

biker4life Arizona
12/10/15 6:32 pm

Oops sorry wrong post my bad

biker4life Arizona
12/10/15 6:34 pm

And still nothing is being done. It only shows that politicians, no matter what party they serve, don't give a shit about the American people.

SugarShaq
12/10/15 6:44 pm

Yes, which is why in rebellion people are supporting Trump. It's not that hard to figure out.

biker4life Arizona
12/10/15 6:47 pm

And it's not going to matter who's in the White House. Nothing is going to get done until the people fire the career politician.