PamGH December 10th, 2015 7:31pm

In an effort to push corporal(spanking)from ethics to medical the following info may apply. Spanking may reduce the grey matter in the brain. Also abused/neglected kids show less grey matter. Grey mater in the brain is horrifically important!

Highlander1 Iowa
12/11/15 7:52 am

Stupid kids don't learn things the first time and get punished for doing so again. Smarter kids know not to do it or not to get caught.

Brrrrrrrrr
12/11/15 7:15 am

I have a rule of thumb when it comes to things which sound like liberals are behind it - always check the sources. And in this case, it is hidden behind a subscription.
The fact that they call spanking violence should already set off some bells.

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
12/11/15 6:28 am

Having been tested in such things, then, my brain should be very short of gray matter - having been abused & neglected to legendary levels - but, in my personal case, there is no evidence to support such a theory. Testing revealed superior level intelligence on several levels.

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
12/11/15 6:29 am

My daughter was spanked - not beaten or abused, but spanked - and her test revealed an IQ 2 points short of mine.

So, whatever...

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
12/11/15 6:37 am

Further, my brother was math genius & my sisters demonstrated *no* evidence of intellectual function or ability. All are emotionally dysfunctional as loons but being clearly intelligent doesn't appear to have had any impact on any of their creativity. Even though my mom only had a tenth grade education, she clearly had an above-average intelligence & she was raised in a highly dysfunctional/alcoholic/abusive family system.

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
12/11/15 6:38 am

*no evidence of *diminished* intellectual ability

mikeey1962 on SOH where else
12/11/15 1:18 am

Proof..at last, I never spanked my children and are all A students... Yeaaaa, I rock...

313toDMV Dmv
12/11/15 11:10 am

Has your child ever told you to shut up or hit you?

downeastvixenne East Dabumfark
12/10/15 5:31 pm

I was spanked and I'm pretty sure I've always been a straight A student, am reasonably intelligent and fairly well spoken. My children have each been spanked once, and they have manners and respect. Half the problem today is no discipline. So I'm going to call BS on this.

PamGH Washington
12/10/15 5:41 pm

Once does not sound like a catastrophe, however, in many homes spanking is the norm. I'll stand behind the science.

downeastvixenne East Dabumfark
12/11/15 8:10 am

Spanking and abuse are totally different thing. Sounds like it's based more on abuse than discipline. I honestly don't think a spanking once in awhile is going to hurt anything or anyone.

duey in a fools paradise
12/10/15 3:16 pm

Did they say swatting a kids but once in a while or is this about prolonged abuse? Big difference.

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
12/11/15 6:30 am

HUGE difference!!!

PresWK Minnesota
12/10/15 2:35 pm

Well, it many coincide with the fact that they are the children of parents with less gray matter that makes them more likely to spank their kids

PamGH Washington